TinyBackupBox v1.0.3.2 Update of 2011 - 12 - 21

wakillon

Normally you set robocopy with the switches to ignore running processes

Thats how i run it

This is my normal set of switches from my CMD version

/COPY:D /S /ZB /XJD /XJF /R:0 /W:0 /XA:SH /NJS /XF %_exc_vista_files% %_exc_prog_files% /XD %_backup_dest% %_exc_vista_folder% %_exc_prog_folder% %_exc_special_folder%

This one does customer backups

This could come very handy for my network backup. I did notice than when you Shift click on the folder

it doesn't select all the sub child folders. I tested the application under Windows XP SP3, Windows 2008 R2, Windows

7 Pro SP1, Windows PE 3.01. Other than the selecting Sub child folders it work perfect with no errors. One more thing

finding the binaries and updates functions took me about an extra hour.

Great Job :D

post-55798-0-08245200-1323184921_thumb.p

This could come very handy for my network backup. I did notice than when you Shift click on the folder

it doesn't select all the sub child folders. I tested the application under Windows XP SP3, Windows 2008 R2, Windows

7 Pro SP1, Windows PE 3.01. Other than the selecting Sub child folders it work perfect with no errors. One more thing

finding the binaries and updates functions took me about an extra hour.

Great Job :D

Thanks jtourna ! :oops:

It' s normal.

If you check a folder checkbox, it will be copied with all his subfolders.

If you want to select only all his subfolders ( and not the parent folder), do shift+click on the first child checbox item of this folder.( it will check all sub checkboxes of the parent folder ).

Sometimes you need to click on another item before doing that because tvexplorer.au3 detect only a changed selection.

For uncheck subfolder checkboxes, do a right click on the parent item title.

Another tips : if you check a checbox and one of his child checkboxes, parent checkbox will be uncheck before start of the backup to avoid useless duplications.

Remember that subfolders are allways copied, so no need to check them too.

Hope it's not too confused ! :rip:

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

I am dealing with some Omni database and the software vendor insiste on stoping the server and the data bridge, copying files then start the services in reverse order.

Might be needed, might not but I am not willing to take risks about it so I'll add several lines into your script just to make sure it does it correctly.

That'll be 0.1% of the work so thanks again :D

I can easily do it myself, I was only giving you an idea for a possible extra feature.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

For a consistent database backup on a file basis it is always a very, very good idea to stop the database. This makes sure that all data blocks are written to disk and so you can be sure that the backup can be restored to a fully functional database.

Another story are database agents available for NetBackup, Tivoli Storage Manager etc. which backup a database while running.

A very good reading is "The Tao Of Backup" :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just to clarify

When i was talking about ignoring running processes, i was talking about windows processes like scvhost.exe etc

If your backing up a database or anything like that then i agree with water you must either make the program save itself and backup the save file or stop it and backup where it is at that point.

For words and phrases try

Edit finally got around to trying it

It took me a while to run around and find all the missing bits API bits and TV explorer etc, might be usefull to put links to them on the first post.

Personally i dont like the beeps every time you click something but thats just me

I selected some stuff in the left pane and then started to find somewhere to send the backup but i decided to create a new folder but there is no button to create a folder, so i had to navigate to the drive manually create it and then come back to the program, as it wasnt visible because i had created after the backup program had been started i clicked refresh and it wiped out all the selections i had made on the left pane, so i had to do them all again.

Found the menu now

Having ticked delete dest files that no longer exist in source isnt a good idea imho, id be annoyed if my previous backup files got removed because id changed the files on the disk, if they choose to add it that's their choice.

Apart from those it seemed to do the job fine, good work.

Edited by Chimaera

For words and phrases try http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Edit finally got around to trying it

It took me a while to run around and find all the missing bits API bits and TV explorer etc, might be usefull to put links to them on the first post.

Personally i dont like the beeps every time you click something but thats just me

I selected some stuff in the left pane and then started to find somewhere to send the backup but i decided to create a new folder but there is no button to create a folder, so i had to navigate to the drive manually create it and then come back to the program, as it wasnt visible because i had created after the backup program had been started i clicked refresh and it wiped out all the selections i had made on the left pane, so i had to do them all again.

Found the menu now

Having ticked delete dest files that no longer exist in source isnt a good idea imho, id be annoyed if my previous backup files got removed because id changed the files on the disk, if they choose to add it that's their choice.

Apart from those it seemed to do the job fine, good work.

Thanks for the link it will be usefull for a better understanding ! :oops:

For include i already put a link to TVExplorer.au3 in post1.

And everybody should have WinApiEx_3.5 ( link post 8 ).

If you dont like beeps, see trray menu where you can disable them.

humm...You absolutely doesn't read anything in my first post ! :D

There is already a right click menu for create a new sub folder precisely for not have to create it manually !

Posted Image

Edited by wakillon

And everybody should have WinApiEx_3.5 ( link post 8 ).

I never use it m8

humm...You absolutely doesn't read anything in my first post ! :D

There is already a right click menu for create a new sub folder precisely for not have to create it manually !

Posted Image

Aah yep your right lol sorry about that, we are all conditioned to having a button i guess

Very nice script! One question though - When I run this on my Win 7/32b machine without escalating to Admin, I see a mapped network drive that I want to backup to, but since I am not running as admin I do not have rights to all of the folders on my local drive that I want to backup. So I try to run tinybackup as Admin, which allows me access to all of my local folders, but I suddenly cant see the mapped network drive. I did try running a command prompt as Admin, mapped the drive from that escalated command shell, then started tinybackup as Admin, but still cant see the mapped drive.

Any thoughts?

Very nice script! One question though - When I run this on my Win 7/32b machine without escalating to Admin, I see a mapped network drive that I want to backup to, but since I am not running as admin I do not have rights to all of the folders on my local drive that I want to backup. So I try to run tinybackup as Admin, which allows me access to all of my local folders, but I suddenly cant see the mapped network drive. I did try running a command prompt as Admin, mapped the drive from that escalated command shell, then started tinybackup as Admin, but still cant see the mapped drive.

Any thoughts?

Thanks dnix !

Sorry but TinyBackupBox is only for Local or external drive, not network ! :D

• 2 weeks later...