Move mouse cursor to control

Fixis

Hello everyone, I've tried to move the mouse cursor to a button before clicking it, although the click worked the mouse moved to a wrong place.

I use this code:

$positionArray = ControlGetPos ("Visual Prolog 7", "", "[TEXT:&New Project]")

MouseMove($positionArray[0] , $positionArray[1], 70)

ControlClick("Visual Prolog 7", "", "[TEXT:&New Project]")

I tried to use this option before the code:

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)

But it doesn't move the mouse over the button, I tried to do it with 1 and 2 insted of 0, it moves the mouse to a different place but still not on the button.

If anyone can help me, I will be grateful

ControlGetPos and MouseMove.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I used the finder tool to point at the button. I get Position: 229, 500.

When I make MouseMove(229 , 500, 70)

The mouse moves up and left from the button.

I have to do MouseMove(229 + 40 , 500 + 50, 70)

To be on the button.

It is some sort of solution, but I have no idea why should I increase X with 40 and Y with 50.

I have a different situation when I want to move to a Cancel button in a different form, this time I have to increase X with 20 and Y with 20

Is there a way for me to know why should I increase X and Y of the Control's Position and with what numbers?

I actually wrote a function for this years ago and have used it in many of my hardware/software testing programs. This will do exactly what you want:

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _ControlMouseClick
; Description ...: Use the mouse to move to a control and click it
; Syntax.........: _ControlMouseClick($iTitle, $iText, $iControl [, $iButton = "left" [, $iClicks = "1" [, $iSpeed = "10" [, $iXpos = "" [, $iYpos = "" ]]]]] )
; Parameters ....: $iTitle  - The title of the window containing the control
;      $iText  - Some text from the window containing the control. Can enter no text be using ""
;      $iControl - The Control ID of the control to click
;      $iButton  - [optional] The button to click: "left", "right", "middle", "main", "menu", "primary", "secondary". Default is "left"
;      $iClicks  - [optional] The number of times to click the mouse. Default is 1.
;      $iSpeed  - [optional] The speed to move the mouse in the range 1 (fastest) to 100 (slowest). A speed of 0 will move the mouse instantly. Default speed is 10.
;      $iXpos  - [optional] The x position to click within the control. Default is center.
;      $iYpos  - [optional] The y position to click within the control. Default is center.
; Author ........: Kris Mills <fett8802 at gmail dot com>
; UserCallTip....: _ControlMouseClick ( "title", "text", controlID [, button [, clicks [, speed [, x [, y ]]]]] ) Use the mouse to move to a control and click it.(required: #include <KrisUDF.au3>)
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _ControlMouseClick($iTitle, $iText, $iControl, $iButton = "left", $iClicks = "1", $iSpeed = "10", $iXpos = "", $iYpos = "")
$iOriginal = Opt("MouseCoordMode")             ;Get the current MouseCoordMode
Opt("MouseCoordMode",2)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode to relative coords
$aPos = ControlGetPos($iTitle, $iText, $iControl)          ;Get the position of the given control
MouseClick($iButton,$aPos[0] + ($aPos[2]/2) + $iXpos, $aPos[1] + ($aPos[3]/2) + $iYpos, $iClicks, $iSpeed) ;Move the mouse and click on the given control
Opt("MouseCoordMode",$iOriginal)               ;Change the MouseCoordMode back to the original
EndFunc   ;==>_ControlMouseClick

There ya go.

-Fett

Edited by fett8802
[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

fett8802,

You should post this in the AutoItWrappers thread. :)

Fixis,

I totally missed your code from the first post sorry. In the future place AutoIt code in the [autoit][/autoit] tags as it makes the code stand out a little more.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

fett8802,

You can shorten your code because Opt returns the previous value

$iOriginal = Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)
$aPos = ControlGetPos($iTitle ....

UDF List:

Thanks so much for helping me Fett, it really works the right way now

You're very welcome! I'm glad it worked for you!

fett8802,

You should post this in the AutoItWrappers thread. :)

Thanks for the feedback, I'll do that!

-Fett

[sub]My UDF[/sub][sub] - Basics and Time extensions. Great for those new at AutoIt, also contains some powerful time extensions for pros.[/sub][sub]ScrabbleIt[/sub][sub] - Scrabble done in pure AutoIt. (In Progress)[/sub][sub]Nerd Party Extreme | My Portfolio | [email="fett8802@gmail.com"]Contact Me[/email][/sub]

fett8802,

You can shorten your code because Opt returns the previous value

$iOriginal = Opt("MouseCoordMode", 2)
$aPos = ControlGetPos($iTitle ....

Oh! Excellent! Not sure why I didn't see that in the help file. That will help shave off a bunch of code from my UDFs.

- Fett