Check available keypress options

Any ideas folks?

I should mention that the machine I'm testing on is a VM where the keypresses are not functioning properly. I think that is the issue. I tried the script on another physical machine this afternoon and it ran with no issues. Is there any recommendation for configuring a script to run on a VM? It seems the VM is running through the key presses too fast. I put sleep time of up to 1second and it did not solve the problem.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jos is probably taking a look at SciTE to make sure there isn't a bug with it.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

Just curious if the OP ever googled on something like "mcafee Unlock User Interface script registry"?

The first 4 or 5 hits have what seems like pertinent info.

Going with a direct registry method, rather than the more archaic option of simulating keystrokes, would seem preferential.

@Spiff59,

I appreciate you suggestion of googleing the problem. I have done just that and did not find a suitable solution that would work for my environment, so (with some assistance) I created one.

Reg hacks and other 'dirty' options will not work for me. In my environment the McAfee services, files and registry settings are protected from manipulation. Connecting to McAfee console's via a remote machine is inefficient, I need to do changes in mass. The whole point of this script is to take the manual process out of the equation and to manipulate the machines in a clean, controlled and reliable manner. Using other means could cause potentially cause unwanted results.

• Developers

Jos is probably taking a look at SciTE to make sure there isn't a bug with it.

No idea what it is you are expecting me to look at? What would be in your mind the relation to SciTE?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

r4b1dm0nk3y,

Your best bet is to make sure you have the latest SciTE4AutoIt3, which by going what you mentioned earlier isn't the case.

Note: When I use #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N @ProgramFileDir points to C:Program Files (x86).

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

I think he is referencing my issue with @ProgramFilesDir not working correctly on x64 machine with the #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N directive.

Only thing this directive does is run the X86 version of AutoIt3.exe when N and run autoIT3_x64.exe when set to Y.

The rest is AutoIt3 internals.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I see. So this is pretty much not going to help me if I'm compiling as x86. In other works if I want to use x86 or x64 I can choose to either 1, compile two versions, one to run on each architecture or 2. detect the os type and execute the function (each func configured to run on respective architecture), like I am doing now. Correct? Or is there another alternative that I am missing?

• Developers

Well, I am not sure what your requirement/challenge is but an EXE can only be either x86 or X64.

Is this still about sending keystrokes or something else?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

My current issue is still about key strokes. I was just clarifying on what you said earlier.

To recap the keystroke issue:

Keystrokes work on physical machine(s), both on my workstation and on another physical workstation. On my test VM's the keystrokes execute way too fast and do not do anything, even with sleep times of up to 1second in between each command.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I figured everything out. I just needed to add sleep() command between each _WinWaitActivate() and each Send() command. I set sleep if about 2 seconds and that worked like a charm on my VM's and physical machines. I added several other functions to the script to check service status, start if stopped, set startup type and other error checking features. AutoIT seems somewhat elementary to the many, but perhaps revolutionary to us noob's. :oops:

Thank you for all your help with this. I learned a lot in this thread and from many other threads while researching. Sometimes silence of others is the greatest is the motivator.

:bye: