APIConstants.au3 errors

APIConstants.au3, Version: 3.6 / 3.3.8.0, is giving me the following errors. I tried an earlier version 3.5 and had the same effect. I also tried some editing of the file but it just kept cascading into other errors. How to fix???

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(1145,64) : WARNING: $STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $FILE_ALL_ACCESS = BitOR($STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(1145,78) : WARNING: $SYNCHRONIZE: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $FILE_ALL_ACCESS = BitOR($STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED, $SYNCHRONIZE,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(2749,36) : WARNING: $IDI_HAND: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $IDI_ERROR = $IDI_HAND

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(2750,46) : WARNING: $IDI_ASTERISK: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $IDI_INFORMATION = $IDI_ASTERISK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(2751,45) : WARNING: $IDI_EXCLAMATION: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $IDI_WARNING = $IDI_EXCLAMATION

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(3116,53) : WARNING: $STANDARD_RIGHTS_READ: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $KEY_READ = BitOR($STANDARD_RIGHTS_READ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(3117,55) : WARNING: $STANDARD_RIGHTS_WRITE: possibly used before declaration.

Global Const $KEY_WRITE = BitOR($STANDARD_RIGHTS_WRITE,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\APIConstants.au3(1145,64) : ERROR: $STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED: undeclared global variable.

Global Const $FILE_ALL_ACCESS = BitOR($STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

F:\Backup\AutoIt\Test Area\NonClientArea.au3 - 1 error(s), 7 warning(s)

“No other God have I but Thee; born in a manger, died on a tree.” Martin Luther

• Moderators

rdwray,

What other #include files do you have in your script? :oops:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

rdwray,

What other #include files do you have in your script? :oops:

M23

Full list:

#Include <Misc.au3>

#include <WinAPI.au3>

#include <Constants.au3>

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <StructureConstants.au3>

#include <SendMessage.au3>

• Moderators

rdwray,

I get no errors when I syntaxcheck or run that list. Could you please post the rest of the script - perhaps that will help us find the problem. :oops:

M23

P.S. Please remember to use Code tags - put [autoit] before and [/autoit] after your posted code. :bye:

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Make sure you're using AutoIt V3.3.8.0 and above and re-download WinAPIEx.au3 V3.7 because I get the impression you're using an old version of AutoIt.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

M23, here is the script:

#Include <Misc.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <StructureConstants.au3>
#include <SendMessage.au3>
While 1
    GUIGetMsg()
    $hWnd = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")
    $title = WinGetTitle($hWnd)
    $coord = WinGetPos($hWnd)
    If NOT _IsPressed("01", "user32.dll") Then
       Local $fp = 0, $b = 0, $c = 0
       ToolTip("")
    Else
        If $title <> "Program Manager" AND $title <> "" Then
            $BarInfo = _GetTitleBarInfo($hWnd)
            $bH = DllStructGetData($BarInfo, "Bottom") - DllStructGetData($BarInfo, "Top")
            $x1 = $coord[0]
            $y1 = $coord[1]
            $xW = $coord[2]
            $yH = $coord[3]
            $x2 = $x1+$xW
            $y2 = $y1+$yH
            $yT = $y1+$bH
            $mc = MouseGetCursor()
            $Cx = MouseGetPos(0)
            $Cy = MouseGetPos(1)
            If $fp = 0 Then $fp = 1
            If $fp = 1 Then      ;First pass
                $fp += 1
                If $mc = $IDC_ARROW Then
                    If $Cx >= $x1 AND $Cx <= $x2 AND $Cy >= $y1 AND $Cy <= $yT Then
                        _SendMessage($hWnd, $WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, $WM_NCHITTEST, $HTMINBUTTON)
                        If @error Then  ;Title bar minimize button was not selected
                            $b = $Cx-$x1
                            $c = $Cy-$y1
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            EndIf
            If $b <> 0 Then
                $x1 = $Cx-$b
                $y1 = $Cy-$c
                $XY = " X:" & $x1 & "   Y:" & $y1
                ToolTip($XY, $x1, $y1, "", 0, 4)
            EndIf
        EndIf
    EndIf
WEnd
Func _GetTitleBarInfo($hwnd)
    $Tag_struct = "DWORD cbSize;" & $tagRECT & ";DWORD rgstate[6]"
    $BarInfo = DllStructCreate($Tag_struct)
    DllStructSetData($BarInfo, "cbSize", DllStructGetSize($BarInfo))
    DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "GetTitleBarInfo", "HWND",$hwnd, "ptr",DllStructGetPtr($BarInfo))
    Return $BarInfo
EndFunc

Where is APIConstants.au3 in that snippet? Anyway your version of SecurityConstants.au3 is outdated because $STANDARD_RIGHTS_REQUIRED is in that file since V3.3.8.0, so upgrade your Include files and you should have no problem.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Make sure you're using AutoIt V3.3.8.0 and above and re-download WinAPIEx.au3 V3.7 because I get the impression you're using an old version of AutoIt.

v3.3.6.1 - Gone looking for updates....

Therein lies your problem, if you don't want to update (though no idea why you wouldn't, way better x64 support) download the WinAPIEx.au3 exclusively for V3.3.6.1 in the first post of the WinAPIEx.au3 thread.

UDF List:

Therein lies your problem, if you don't want to update (though no idea why you wouldn't, way better x64 support) download the WinAPIEx.au3 exclusively for V3.3.6.1 in the first post of the WinAPIEx.au3 thread.

Question before I install the FULL version of 3.3.8: Is this going to affect SciTE visual properties? I put a lot of work into configuring it a long time ago and I don't want to re-educate myself on that painful situation...

I don't want to say No as I really don't want to be held accountable for messing up your setup, but any visual alterations you make should always be to the SciTEUser.properties file and not the SciTEGlobal.properties, as this is the file which is overwritten when installing SciTE4AutoIt3.

UDF List:

I don't want to say No as I really don't want to be held accountable for messing up your setup, but any visual alterations you make should always be to the SciTEUser.properties file and not the SciTEGlobal.properties, as this is the file which is overwritten when installing SciTE4AutoIt3.

I just download autoit-v3-setup.exe and none of SciTE as I all ready had the SciTE4AutoIt3 installed. I don't know what is insided of the setup file which makes me nervous.

This is the reason I let Jos and the developers decide the style I should be using, because upgrading doesn't become such of a nightmare. Like I said above if the edits were applied to the SciTEUser.properties (Options >> Open User Options File) then this shouldn't be overwritten, otherwise if this is blank then the style was applied to the Global properties file (Options >> Open Global Options File). So why not backup C:Program FilesAutoItSciTE to another location and then install, if you don't like the new style then copy the SciTEGlobal.properties file from your backup to C:Program FilesAutoItSciTE and then if that doesn't work just re-copy from your backup.

I make no guarantee though.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

This is the reason I let Jos and the developers decide the style I should be using, because upgrading doesn't become such of a nightmare. Like I said above if the edits were applied to the SciTEUser.properties (Options >> Open User Options File) then this shouldn't be overwritten, otherwise if this is blank then the style was applied to the Global properties file (Options >> Open Global Options File). So why not backup C:Program FilesAutoItSciTE to another location and then install, if you don't like the new style then copy the SciTEGlobal.properties file from your backup to C:Program FilesAutoItSciTE and then if that doesn't work just re-copy from your backup.

I make no guarantee though.

The issue arises if AutoIt needs to over write a SciTe file, I cannot copy it back anyway. I will do the backup before any install. I also downloaded the zip version and will take a look at that first. I love having fun!!!!!!!

Why not look at using AutoIt Portable in my signature (an AutoIt Creator is included too) so you can test drive it first. I love the new scheme as it closely resembles Visual Studio.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Why not look at using AutoIt Portable in my signature (an AutoIt Creator is included too) so you can test drive it first. I love the new scheme as it closely resembles Visual Studio.

Ok, I took some pain killer and used the zip file which contained an updated SciTE udf file and api which will not affect the the visual. I backed up SciTE and then copied the files and everything is A-OK and working; and I didn't get any errors on run from any "include" files. Thanks for all the help from both of you....

Off the subject: M23, I found a C++ file that will minimize a window to tray and I will post the zip in our previous discussion. I don't see why it can't be implemented in au3.

You're welcome, glad it wasn't as painful as you thought it would be.

UDF List: