[SOLVED] Extension associations?

Opening of the program is entirely up to you, I have Notepad open just as a visual aid.

But you click before on the exe then click on start example, right? My goal was don't open the software but direclty the file.

Anyway, not work in both case on #34 and #23 for multiple files. Do you know why?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but that's to add it to the context menu, principle is the same though.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

No, I select the file(s) and then 'Start Example' from there the program opens, I don't do it beforehand.

Yeah, but 'Start Example' doesn't appear if i don't click on the program before ;)

With 'Open with' i think we have the same result ( i see everytime only one path ), the problem is why for me there is only one path and for you work with multiple files. Maybe a different s.o. or Autoit version?

Yeah, but 'Start Example' doesn't appear if i don't click on the program before ;)

With 'Open with' i think we have the same result ( i see everytime only one path ), the problem is why for me there is only one path and for you work with multiple files. Maybe a different s.o. or Autoit version?

Yeh I edited my previous comment after I realised. But I only open it to add to the contextmenu, the principle is the same. I'm using V3.3.8.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Edit: I don't have a XP machine to test on.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Yeh I edited my previous comment after I realised. But I only open it to add to the contextmenu, the principle is the same. I'm using V3.3.8.1 on Windows 7 x64.

Edit: I don't have a XP machine to test on.

You can use a VM or the XP Mode. There is something i can do/test from here?

You can use a VM or the XP Mode. There is something i can do/test from here?

I'm not going to be downloading such a huge download just for this, sorry. Also XP Mode is limited to certain editions. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I'm not going to be downloading such a huge download just for this, sorry.

Ok, no problem. If you want i can test something for you. Example when i open 1 file i see:

[MultiplePID]
[General]
CopyData=0
[FileCount]
Count=1

When i open 2 file instead:

[MultiplePID]
[General]
CopyData=0
[FileCount]

And if i open with 'Start Example' i see the ini, if i open with 'Open with' the .ini doesn't appears

If i open the software, then 'Start Example' with two file the ini has:

[MultiplePID]
[General]
CopyData=0
[FileCount]
Count=2

But i see only one path

Edited by johnmcloud

OK. Well I can't start debugging this right now. My suggestion is look at the other code by JackDinn, I will look at it but only if you provide a clean working example that I can compile and run.

UDF List:

Ok, the JackDinn's code.

I'll do always the same thing

1) Compile ( CTRL+F7 ) this:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <Misc.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Debug.au3>

$MultiProcFolder = @ScriptDir & "parse"
If Not FileExists($MultiProcFolder) Then DirCreate($MultiProcFolder)
$parsedsource = $CmdLine[$CmdLine[0]]
$parsedsourceX = StringRight($parsedsource, StringLen($parsedsource) - StringInStr($parsedsource, "", 0, -1)) & ".txt"
If Not _Singleton(@ScriptName, 1) Then
FileWrite($MultiProcFolder & $parsedsourceX, $parsedsource)
Exit
EndIf
Do
Sleep(200)
$procnumber = ProcessList(@ScriptName)
Until $procnumber[0][0] < 2
$FinalFileList = $parsedsource & @CRLF
$fileList = _FileListToArray($MultiProcFolder)
If IsArray($fileList) Then
For $x = 1 To $fileList[0]
  $FinalFileList &= FileReadLine($MultiProcFolder & $fileList[$x]) & @CRLF
  FileDelete($MultiProcFolder & $fileList[$x])
Next
EndIf
_DebugSetup()
_DebugOut($FinalFileList)

2) Create 2 file, File1.txt and File2.txt in the same directory

3) I select this two file with CTRL+Click, first File1 then File2

4) Context Menu --> Open With --> Software --> JackDinn.exe

5) I see everytime only one path. The path is the first file i have clicked, so File1.txt

2) Create 2 file, File1.txt and File2.txt in the same directory

3) I select this two file with CTRL+Click, first File1 then File2

4) Context Menu --> Open With --> Software --> JackDinn.exe

5) I see everytime only one path. The path is the first file i have clicked, so File1.txt

I have duplicated your issue in a XP VM, for some reason, "Open With" behaves strangely in such a case, even with notepad (only passing one of the parameters), I got around it by selecting "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". When set as the default application, all parameters are passed normally (like in Win 7).

Try selecting "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" with the AutoIt program, then all the code we posted in this thread should work as we indicated.

EDIT: spelling and stuff

Edited by smartee

smartee,

I don't know why but you have right. If i make a direct association of a .txt to the JackDinn.exe i see both full path. I can't apply the same to the guinness script, give me error of second istance. So i'm use the JackDinn script.

Thanks to you and guinness, i think i can make this thread solved ;)

Edited by johnmcloud

Thanks to you and guinness, i think i can make this thread solved ;)

OK. For anyone reading this in the future my code does work on Windows Vista+ and probably will work on future versions of Windows.

Also JackDinn's works, but it will fail in you have more than 2 instances currently running.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: