Compiled AU3 starting hundreds of times

Hi,

I have a script AU3 that works fine (F5 under SciTE). All is good (as far I can see, of course...)

When I compile this AU3 with F7 (still under SciTE). If I run this EXE, the program start a first time, then start itself another instance of itself, and so on... Impossible to stop without closing Windows session (I'm flooded with hundreds of MsgBox and Windows Task Manager show lots of "my_script.exe"

Local $user        = "xxx"
Local $domain      = @ComputerName
Local $pwd         = "yyy"
Local $logon_flag  = 1                      ;Interactive logon with profile
Local $cmd         = """" & @AutoItExe & """ " & """<vpn_path>another_script.au3"""
Local $working_dir = "C:"
Local $show_flag   = @SW_SHOW
Local $err         = RunAs($user,$domain,$pwd,$logon_flag,$cmd,$working_dir,$show_flag)
MsgBox(0,"ok","ok")

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Edited by jlf

You are sure that "$cmd" doesn't contain the path and name of the currently running exe?

You are sure that "another_script.au3" doesn't point the the same script that's already running?

What does the other script do?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

jlf,

<F1>:

@AutoItExe : The full path and filename of the AutoIt executable currently running. For compiled scripts it is the path of the compiled script.

So $cmd contains the running script itself and RunAs starts it?

What are you exactly trying to do?

A-Jay

Rule #1: Always do a backup         Rule #2: Always do a backup (backup of rule #1)

ajag : yup :)

I'm trying to start an update batch (Windows KB, misc software) through a script (the "another_script"). But current user has only limited rights and this script shall start the "another_script" with admin rights. The compiled EXE avoid the current user to read the password (even if security is not very high...)