Help to update my script for windows 7

saloo4pro

I am a newbie in autoit, So please guide me with these questions. My script run smoothly on windows XP, Now I need to upgrade for windows 7, Problems are:

1. Text files failed to copy to program files when Setup extracts files to C or program files?

2. I cant create text files in C:?

3. I need to delete/write/create files, text, ini, reg, etc in windows drive/program files using autoit commands?

4. How to start a hidden process as thread of explorer, so no one can see my process running in task manager?

5. Is there any way to hide data (passwords, users) in some files (other than ini, text) so no one can open these files but these files data should be accessible in my program?

6. Where I can get Koda form designer(more designs, templates, options) other than default available? I need to sophisticate design on interface for users?

• Moderators

saloo4pro,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

Answers:

- 1, 2, 3. Welcome to the wonderful world of User Account Control! From Vista onwards Windows has been very reluctant to let you write anything in sensitive areas such at the root or "Program Files" folder. Search the forum for "UAC" and you will find innumerable posts explaining this in more detail. #requireadmin is also worth a look in teh Help file.

- 4. We are NOT prepared to help you with that, for obvious reasons. :naughty:

- 5. Encrypting data is always fraught with danger as there is no way to make it truely secure, no matter what the language used. It is just a question of how much effort you want to put into making the bad guy work hard to get it. Again the forum is full of threads discussing with this if you search.

- 6. As far as I know the version of Koda installed with Autoit is the latest version available - but you could always check here.

I hope that helps. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have just created a script which password protect any executable, That runs fine on XP, I know the user access control of windows 7, I need to get through this level of protection, because thousands of my script fans are urging me to upgrade script for windows 7, Do I need to move to some other plate form because autoit can't do it?

second, I am not making any script of virus, I just want to hide process,at this stage if some one knows about task manger processes, they simply exit my script exe, and my protection failed, I want a way not so simple, or can I set password to exit script exe from taskmanager?

How to integrate small text "hello" in a DLL file, and get/write info in that file, perhaps that can help me securing data?

• Moderators

I need to get through this level of protection, because thousands of my script fans are urging me to upgrade script for windows 7, Do I need to move to some other plate form because autoit can't do it? second, I am not making any script of virus, I just want to hide process

Melba answered this for you already; we are not going to assist you in bypassing the UAC. It is not a limitation of the language; you may not have malicious intent with your scripts, but if posted here on the forum it will be available to abuse by others.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thank you both for your reply, I am going to add administrative tab function to rum my script, I do not have any intention for making malicious scripts, I make scripts for ease of peoples not for stealing information. I know its easy for autoit programmer to make such scripts, even one click can damage your data and windows. Problem here is now that you guys are not going to believe that I will use your tips positively! I hope by the time being we would be good friends!

I have ideas, knows what steps to be followed, only one thing: I don't have learnt Autoit, is there any professional course or training session on autoit?

• Moderators

I do not have any intention for making malicious scripts, I make scripts for ease of peoples not for stealing information. I know its easy for autoit programmer to make such scripts, even one click can damage your data and windows. Problem here is now that you guys are not going to believe that I will use your tips positively!

As I mentioned in the PM you sent, your intentions do not matter. What matters is putting something in a public forum that could be used maliciously. Just because you have morals does not mean everyone else does.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Also the Forum Rules state...

Do not PM users asking for personal support.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018