Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SlowCoder74

EXE Details/Version/Description

14 posts in this topic

Is there a way to fill in the details, as shown when right-clicking on a .exe file and selecting the Details tab? For instance, product name, and version?

Also, currently, when I right-click on one of my AutoIT .exe projects, it shows the file version 3.3.8.1 (AutoIT version). Can that be overridden?

Install the Full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 and Hit Ctrl+F7 to be able to fill in the program details. This will generate the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ directives used by AUtoIT3wrapper to set these details at compilation time.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Install the Full version of SciTE4AutoIt3 and Hit Ctrl+F7 to be able to fill in the program details. This will generate the #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_ directives used by AUtoIT3wrapper to set these details at compilation time.

Jos

It took you a little over 3 minutes to answer my question. Way too slow. Think you can speed it up next time? :idiot: (I jest of course!)

I'll look at that. Thank you.

Ok, I compiled, and it added

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Notify when Caps/Num/Scroll Lock keys toggled.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Key State Notify
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=20121127.1
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

to the source. However, when I view the file's properties it doesn't show the updated info. Could it be because I am using Windows 7?

Show me the result of F7 from the SciTE output pane so I can see what is happening.

Jos

Will do so tomorrow ...

Here is the output from my compile ...

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.au3"
+>13:30:01 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.1.0.8    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3
+>13:30:02 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.au3" /out "C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>13:30:04 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
>13:30:04 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Updating Program Version information.
...>Setting Program ExecutionLevel Manifest information to asInvoker
...>Updating Program Manifest information.
...>Adding 4 Icon(s).
+>13:30:04 Program Resource updating finished successfully.rc:0
>Running:(3.7.0.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\upx.exe" --best --compress-icons=0 -qq "C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.exe"
    682739 ->    335091   49.08%    win32/pe     KeyStateNotify.exe
+>13:30:06 UPX Ended: rc:0
+>13:30:06 Created program:C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.exe
>Exit code: 0    Time: 5.071

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

... and you are sure that the resources of "C:Usersqme9401DesktopKeyStateNotifyKeyStateNotify.exe" does not contain any Program version information?

Update process seems to be running fine.

PS the fileversion is probably to high of a number.

Jos

Edited by Jos
1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yes, the file version was unrecognized apparently. I changed it to 2012.11.27.0 and it now successfully recognizes the information. Thank you.

It appears the limit is 4 digits per segment.

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zykd2wy5(v=vs.80).aspx

1 person likes this

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Works for me on Opera.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Seems this is the limit.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=9999.9999.9999.9999 ; <major version>.<minor version>.<additions>.<bug fixes>

MsgBox(4096, '', FileGetVersion(@ScriptFullPath))

Works for me on Opera.

Either the site incorrectly anchored the link due to the parens, or my Firefox did it. I copied the entire link and it worked. Thank you for the info. :)