OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (II)

water

What do you get if you try:

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
ConsoleWrite("_OL_Open: " & @error & @LF)
$Local_Folder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "Path\To\Folder\With\Mail\Items")
ConsoleWrite("_OL_FolderAccess: " & @error & @extended & @LF)
$listofmail = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $Local_Folder[1], $olMail, "", "", "", "UnRead,EntryID,SenderEmailAddress,Subject,Body", "", 4)
ConsoleWrite("_OL_ItemFind: " & @error & @LF)
ConsoleWrite("# of records: " & $listofmail)

This should return a count of found records.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

But there should be a line "# of records: n"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So the count is correct? Is this mail item read or unread?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Looks good too.

How about this:

#include <OutlookEX.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
$Local_Folder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "Path\To\Folder\With\Mail\Items")
$listofmail = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $Local_Folder[1], $olMail, "", "", "", "UnRead,EntryID")
_ArrayDisplay($listofmail)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Very strange!

Some more testing will be needed - tomorrow. Because I'm not in my office any more.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

After line

$oItems = $vFolder.Items.Restrict($sRestrict)
can you please insert
MsgBox(0, "", "Items: " & $oItems.Count)
in function _OL_ItemFind an rerun the last script from post #27?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I still get this in the console:

_OL_Open: 0
_OL_FolderAccess: 00
_OL_ItemFind: 0

If I put the msgbox where you said to, no message appears. It is not dropping into the else statement as we don't appear to have any restrictions set. ?

The below script returns the message box with the correct number of items in the folder:

If StringStripWS($sRestrict, 3) = "" Then
$oItems = $vFolder.Items
msgBox(0,"",$oItems.Count)
Else
$oItems = $vFolder.Items.Restrict($sRestrict)
EndIf
Edited by idahoguy4life

I figured it out!

You got me thinking it must not be the right class...so I commented out

If $oItem.Class <> $iObjectClass Then ContinueLoop

and my array returned the items.

Then I simply requested it write what $oItem.Class was and discovered the items in the folder were being stored as

$olPost !

Changing my script to below showed my array properly:

#include "OutlookEX.au3"
#include <Array.au3>
$oOutlook = _OL_Open()
$Local_Folder = _OL_FolderAccess($oOutlook, "Path\To\Public\Folder")
$listofmail = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, $Local_Folder[1], $olPost, "", "", "", "UnRead,EntryID")
_ArrayDisplay($listofmail)

Thank you so much for helping me dig through this. You are a genius :)

The rest should be simple enough :-S

Edited by idahoguy4life

I'm glad you could figure it out!

You found a bug in _OL_ItemFind because the count flag doesn't check the object class as the function does when the flag isn't set. That's why we got different results.

I will change the function and hope to post an updated version quite soon.

Thanks!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi again. Just so you know. I got the public folders script to work and i can now access all the calenders. Thank you for all your help :)

Now i have just a quick question. Is there any way to change the defualt messageclass for a specific folder? Ive done a custom form region that i want to deploy and use as standard form for all appointments. I know how to do it manually in outlook, but i would like to to it with script.

I'm not familiar with custom forms. How do you do it manually?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Custom forms or form regions are customized windows in Outlook. You could for example extend the standard contact forms with more fields if you like. Say that i want to add contacts and i want to add what size of pants that my contact has, i can add another field called "Butt size" or somthing. Then i can save and publish this as a custom form. You can also make a brand new form and save it as a entire new messageclass. The standard messageclass for appointments is "IPM.appointment". But i could switch this to my own custom form.

So if you go to "all folders" and then bring up the properties for the "Calender" folder. There is a field called

"When posting to this folder, use: ". There you can choose what message class you like to use when posting in the calender. You can replace the standard IPM.appointment to you own custom form. And thats what i would like to do. I found this code in VB that seesm to be doing somthing of the sort. Pehaps you can understand it better then me.

http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1594

Looks good, will give it a try.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Could you please give this function a try?

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: _OL_FolderClassSet
; Description ...: Set the default form (message class) for a folder
; Syntax.........: _OL_FolderClassSet($oFolder, $sMsgClass)
; Parameters ....: $oFolder   - Folder object of the folder to be changed as returned by _OL_FolderAccess
;                 $sMsgClass - New message class to set for the folder. Has to start with the DefaultMessageClass e.g. IPM.NOTE.mynote for class IPM.NOTE
; Return values .: Success - 1
;                 Failure - Returns 0 and sets @error:
;                 |1 - $oFolder is not an object
;                 |2 - message class IPM.NOTE can not be default for any folders
;                 |3 - message class IPM.POST can only be default for mail/post folders
;                 |4 - New message class has to start with the DefaultMessageClass e.g. IPM.NOTE.mynote for class IPM.NOTE
;                 |5 - Parameter $sMsgClass is invalid. A required period is missing
;                 |6 - Error setting folder property. @extended is set to the COM error
; Author ........: water
; Modified ......:
; Remarks .......:
; Related .......:
; Link ..........: http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=1594
; Example .......: Yes
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _OL_FolderClassSet($oFolder, $sMsgClass)
    If Not IsObj($oFolder) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $oPropertyAccessor, $iLoc
    Local Const $PR_DEF_POST_MSGCLASS = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x36E5001E"
    Local Const $PR_DEF_POST_DISPLAYNAME = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x36E6001E"
    Switch StringLeft(StringUpper($sMsgClass), 8)
        Case "IPM.NOTE" ; cannot be default for any folder
            Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
        Case "IPM.POST" ; default only for mail/post folders
            If $oFolder.DefaultMessageClass = "IPM.NOTE" Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
        Case Else ; New message class has to start with the DefaultMessageClass e.g. IPM.NOTE.mynote for class IPM.NOTE
            If StringInStr($sMsgClass, $oFolder.DefaultMessageClass) <> 1 Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    EndSwitch
    $iLoc = StringInStr($sMsgClass, ".", 0, -1) ; Find last "." in class
    If @error Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0)
    Local $aSchema[2] = [$PR_DEF_POST_MSGCLASS, $PR_DEF_POST_DISPLAYNAME]
    Local $aValues[2] = [$sMsgClass, StringMid($sMsgClass, $iLoc + 1)]
    $oPropertyAccessor = $oFolder.PropertyAccessor
    $oPropertyAccessor.SetProperties($aSchema, $aValues)
    If @error Then Return SetError(6, @error, 0)
    $oPropertyAccessor = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_OL_FolderClassSet

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki