I need to manipulate some text.

I need to know if there is a way to manipulate some text that I copied from a webpage. I thought maybe there was a way with Excel, but I figured I'd learn something with Autoit in the process.

http://cheats.codetwink.com/ps2/view/4521/2/

Basically if you copy the description and code from that webpage and paste it into notepad it becomes something like:

blah blah blah xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

yyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

But I need it to be formatted such as below:

blah blah blah

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

yyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

Or sometimes it may be like this:

blah blah blah xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

yyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

But ultimately it still needs to be like this:

blah blah blah

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

yyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy

zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

Essentially, if you notice, all that needs to be done is to do a line break before the X's and everything else will appear to be good to go.

If you have a different method that may be easier, that doesn't require pasting to notepad or anything, then feel free to do it your way instead of mine.

What are you ultimately going to do with the data? If you want to put it into Excel, you can use the _IE functions and get the data into an array by using _IETableWriteToArray, then write the array to a worksheet in Excel.

It would help if you could tell us exactly what some of the text would look like, rather than the blah blah blah, because it will be far easier to figure out what you need if we know what you start with, and what you want to end up with.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

blah blah blah is just the code description.

Infinite Item Usage D42287F9 69947D01

5E059B31 411996EC

That needs to be like this:

Infinite Item Usage

D42287F9 69947D01

5E059B31 411996EC

pretty simple, but i have no clue how to do that. and obviously manually just line breaking a couple times is no problem. it's the fact that it needs to be done several times depending on how many different codes I need.

What are you ultimately going to do with the data? If you want to put it into Excel, you can use the _IE functions and get the data into an array by using _IETableWriteToArray, then write the array to a worksheet in Excel.

I need to prepare the data as such so that a console application called 'cb2util' can then encrypt the 'codes' txt file, and I copy it over to my flash drive, and eventually get it to my memory card. Much quicker than having to add each code manually, and obviously less painful.

Do I have to use IE for those functions?

Please refrain from using the word 'simple' if you don't know how to achieve said problem. Please read the Forum rules at the bottom of this page in case you haven't done so already.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Please refrain from using the word 'simple' if you don't know how to achieve said problem. Please read the Forum rules at the bottom of this page in case you haven't done so already.

When I said it was simple, I meant the concept was simple, not the fact that it was an easy job to do, for a newb or anybody. What does it matter anyway? o_O

Also, I did read the rules before, and just did again. This isn't breaking any rule that I see. You aren't implying that this is considered bot automation, or help for a game, is it?

; Copy your text to the clipboard before running the script

$sString = ClipGet() ; Get clipboard contents
$sString = StringReplace($sString, @TAB, @CRLF) ; Replace Tab

ConsoleWrite($sString & @CRLF)
ClipPut($sString) ; Send to the clipboard

Well that worked quite perfectly. haha.

That would have taken me about a week to figure out. Thank you very much kind sir. :)

Edited by tp9191