Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tommytx

Time Date formatting question...

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Back in the good old days of PHP and even now.. you could set the date and time up any way you liked by just adding any separator you liked and positioning the variables in any sort of way...

But I cannot find the same here in autoit unless I just don't understand what I am reading..

For example my date time comes out:

2/23/2013 and time is ok like 13:51:34 for 24 hour time...

but here is what i need:

2013-23-02 13:51:34 but to get this I am doing a lot of jacking around... am I making this too hard?

$mytime = _NowDate() & " " & _NowTime(5)

2/23/2013 13:51:34 Need 2013-23-02 13:51:34

Just changing the : to a dash and changing the / to a dash..
But isn't there a format that gives the above without all the work?

$fname = "data\" & $key_phrase & "-" & $mytime & ".htm"
$fname = StringRegExpReplace($fname, "/", "-")
$fname = StringRegExpReplace($fname, " ", "-")
$fname = StringRegExpReplace($fname, ":", "-")
Edited by tommytx

tommytx,

Try Malkey's _Date_Time_Convert UDF - it converts to and from any format you want. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Maybe _DateTimeFormat is what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

tommytx,

It appears that you are trying to construct a date/time stamped file name. You might try something like one of these:

#include <date.au3>
local $file_name = 'My_Base_Name_' & @year & '-' & @mon & '-' & @mday & '_' & @hour & '-' & @min & '-' & @SEC
ConsoleWrite($file_name & @LF)
$file_name = 'My_Base_Name_' & stringregexpreplace(_now(),'[/ :]','-')
ConsoleWrite($file_name & @LF)

kylomas

edit: _tempfile() might suit your need if you do not need to control the formatting

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Kylomas:

Thanks that worked perfect... also thanks for the suggestions from all the others... sorry for the long acknowledgement, as it appears I did not get on the auto notify list... so did not get notified of all the fantastic activity on this thread.... sure not like Sales Force.. almost no one ever answers.....

If you are writing log type records _filewritelog() is a UDF that makes this easy. It also allows for writing to either the beginning or end of the log file.

Good Luck,

kylomas

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

If you use @year...@sec is it possible to get incorrect values by reading across a whole minute change? Better to read the whole date-time from the OS in one go, then reformat.

RichardL,

If you use @year...@sec is it possible to get incorrect values by reading across a whole minute change?

Yes, for timing or duration use one of the timer functions or UDF's. This is a simple date/time stamp on a log record or file name.

Better to read the whole date-time from the OS in one go, then reformat.

Depends on appplication...

kylomas

- Sir Winston Churchill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have established how to get tomorrows date however I can't seem to figure out how to format the date into my required format of MM/DD/YYYY.  
      I have this:
      $today=_DateToDayValue(@YEAR,@MON,@MDAY) Dim $Y, $M, $D $tomorrow=_DayValueToDate($today+1, $Y, $M, $D) The _DateToDayValue seems to have a fixed format.  I've also tried a :
      $vardate = _DateAdd( 'd',1, _NowCalcDate()) with a "StringSplit" and/or StringFormat but the _NowCalcDate seems to also be fixed to a YYYY/MM/DD format.
      I'm sure I'm missing something simple but am at a loss.
      Any help would be MUCH appreciated

• Realm
      By Realm
      After Several Minutes searching the forums for a simple solution to calculating for the Unix Time, as required for another project I am working on, I was astonished to not find one clean and universal solution. After looking over the helpfile, I noticed one simple solution given in the example with _DateDiff(). However it did not account for my current timezone or daylight savings time.
      Without further ado... This is my example of Calculating for a current Unix Time stamp or  seconds since Jan, 1st, 1970 00:00:00 GMT.
      This function will account for your timezone as well as for daylight savings time.
      Update: v0.3
      -Added Function to revert a Unix Time stamp into Date form.
      -Added parameter to original _GetUnixTime() allowing for a custom date since Jan 1st 1970 to be passed and converted to Unix Time.
      #include <Date.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <Constants.au3> Local $iUnixTime1 = _GetUnixTime() MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Seconds Since Jan, 1st, 1970 00:00:00 GMT" & @CRLF & $iUnixTime1) Local $sUnixDate1 = _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime1) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Get Date from Unix Timestamp in Local Time" & @CRLF & $sUnixDate1) $sUnixDate1 = _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime1, False) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Get Date from Unix Timestamp with $iReturnLocal = False which returns UTC Time" & @CRLF & $sUnixDate1) Local $iUnixTime2 = _GetUnixTime('2013/01/01 00:00:00') MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Unix Timestamp", "Seconds since 2013/01/01 00:00:00" & @CRLF & $iUnixTime2) ; Get timestamp for input datetime (or current datetime). Func _GetUnixTime($sDate = 0);Date Format: 2013/01/01 00:00:00 ~ Year/Mo/Da Hr:Mi:Se Local $aSysTimeInfo = _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation() Local $utcTime = "" If Not $sDate Then $sDate = _NowCalc() If Int(StringLeft($sDate, 4)) < 1970 Then Return "" If $aSysTimeInfo[0] = 2 Then ; if daylight saving time is active $utcTime = _DateAdd('n', $aSysTimeInfo[1] + $aSysTimeInfo[7], $sDate) ; account for time zone and daylight saving time Else $utcTime = _DateAdd('n', $aSysTimeInfo[1], $sDate) ; account for time zone EndIf Return _DateDiff('s', "1970/01/01 00:00:00", $utcTime) EndFunc ;==>_GetUnixTime ;$blTrim: Year in short format and no seconds. Func _GetDate_fromUnixTime($iUnixTime, $iReturnLocal = True) Local $aRet = 0, $aDate = 0 Local $aMonthNumberAbbrev[13] = ["", "Jan", "Feb", "Mar", "Apr", "May", "Jun", "Jul", "Aug", "Sep", "Oct", "Nov", "Dec"] Local $timeAdj = 0 If Not $iReturnLocal Then Local $aSysTimeInfo = _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation() Local $timeAdj = $aSysTimeInfo[1] * 60 If $aSysTimeInfo[0] = 2 Then $timeAdj += $aSysTimeInfo[7] * 60 EndIf $aRet = DllCall("msvcrt.dll", "str:cdecl", "ctime", "int*", $iUnixTime + $timeAdj ) If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then Return "" $aDate = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($aRet[0], 1), " ", 2) Return $aDate[4] & "/" & StringFormat("%.2d", _ArraySearch($aMonthNumberAbbrev, $aDate[1])) & "/" & $aDate[2] & " " & $aDate[3] EndFunc ;==>_GetUnixDate Enjoy!
      Realm
      Update: >Added some functionality and a suggestion from FireFox
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi, I created a gui with date field but formatted as time in HH:mm. It always shows "now-time". Even if I try to set it with GUICtrlSetData.
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() GUICreate("My GUI get date", 200, 200, 800, 200) Local $idDate = GUICtrlCreateDate("", 20, 20, 100, 20, $DTS_TIMEFORMAT) ; to select a specific default format Local $sStyle = "HH:mm" ; Just display hours and minutes <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< GUICtrlSendMsg($idDate, $DTM_SETFORMATW, 0, $sStyle) ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetData($idDate, "00:00") ConsoleWrite(GUICtrlRead($idDate) & @CRLF) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Loop until the user exits. While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Time", GUICtrlRead($idDate)) EndFunc ;==>Example How can I set the time field with another time and how can this field be set blank?
      Regards, Conrad
    • MyEarth
      By MyEarth
      Hi guys
      I need to get time of different city, London, Jerusalem, Mosca and many others. My starting script:
      #include <Date.au3> Local $iUTC, $iHour, $iMinute, $iSecond $iUTC = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() $iHour = DllStructGetData($iUTC, "Hour") $iMinute = DllStructGetData($iUTC, "Minute") $iSecond = DllStructGetData($iUTC, "Second") ConsoleWrite("+UTC: " & $iHour & ":" & $iMinute & ":" & $iSecond & @CRLF) My idea was start from UTC time and then add-remove hours. But what about the DST, Daylight Savings Time? How i can know if in a country is active or not? There is an API? Example with _Date_Time_GetTimeZoneInformation it will give the current time zone settings and not for other time zone. I don't have understand if is possible or not 
      On the help i have found SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime but i don't have understand how to use for other time zone...
      Thanks
    • ur
      By ur
      To get the current time stamp, I got the below code.
      #include <Date.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #RequireAdmin ; Under Vista the Windows API "SetSystemTime" may be rejected due to system security $td = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() $td = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($td) $td = StringReplace($td, " ", "_") $td = StringReplace($td, ":", "_") MsgBox(0,"",$td) But it is not giving the date or time of the timezone where the system is there.
      Please suggestt