Script not working after build

Killing the script in what way?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The script just exits... no errors no nothing. Like i've said it's really wierd. I use script editor to write the script, press f5 to test. all the files copy no problem script runs and finishes. i press f7 and build the exe then run the exe and the script runs up until it copies the autorun.inf file then the process closes and the tray icon disappears when i hover my mouse over it. The only thing it is having problems with is the autorun.inf. I can rename the same file works fine, even if i create a blank autorun.inf file it still acts the same. I even thought ok i'll "create" the autorun.inf file manually in the script but as soon as it goes to create the file same thing. I even disabled my anti-virus ... same thing.

I just reran the script I posted and uncommented the FileCopy, I used C:Temp as the source, and C:Temp1 as the destination. There's a file called autorun.inf in the Temp folder and it ran without a problem. If you're copying from a CD/DVD it's possible that the autorun.inf file is in use, but that won't stop the script it just won't be copied.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Ok, i think i've got it figured out... i have to apologize, it only seems to happening on my computer... but that being said only to a removable drive. i can copy the files to a folder on the c: drive but something about copying the autorun.inf to a removable drive on my computer and only when i run it from a compile exe. Like i said it's weird i can run it just fine from the editor, i don't know what the difference in the two could be. So consider this issue closed, i don't know what to think, once again i'm sorry for wasting your time. And it kind of doesn't surprise me with my computer lol, i'm constantly trying stuff out and testing things on it. It's long over due for a reinstall *shivers*

• 1 year later...

I cannot believe that this thread is the unique about nonsense errors when compiled.

I'm facing a similar problem just with _IE.au3 files.
The au3 script was working over hours and hours... the exe runs 2 or 3 times (cycles) then get stucked when handling $oIE object after used it.

I'd try several workarounds but none working with the final exe.

I guess IE.au3 it's a little buggy, because my app is really really basic, just _IECreate/_IENavigate functions.
On certain moments AutoIT loses the control over $oIE object. That causes even i cannot close with _IEClose() then forces me to run taskkill command.

Suggestions are really appreciated, as i cannot/won't share my script unless i can compile it to an exe.
Won't tell people to install AutoIT and won't people to watch my code.

Thank you a lot.

~ SELF SIGNED ~

How much warning points do i need to get my free spicy hammon?

I have two suggestions for you:

• Stop posting in old threads just to gain attention.
  • Post a reproducer else no one is going to help you. For personal reasons I won't be helping you, even if you ask politely.
Clearly AutoIt is your only language and you have never helped anyone but yourself, as your last two comments pretty much sum up what a waste of time it's going to be to help you. Seems you want to take everything but not give anything. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

erm3nda,

You are becoming a real nuisance as it seems that you only necro-post. And then to post this:

as i cannot/won't share my script unless i can compile it to an exe

is seriously beyond the pale. How on earth do you expect help if you do not show your script? Do you seriously expect us to keep suggesting different possible solutions until we stumble on the correct one by chance? :huh:

Given your behaviour to date I am placing you on permanent Moderator queue - this means that your posts will not appear until a Mod approves their content. And if you continue as you have been that will just not happen. :naughty:

So over to you. If you want help, give us a chance to provide it - and stop necro-posting! :mad:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I have two suggestions for you:

•  
  • Stop posting in old threads just to gain attention.
  • Post a reproducer else no one is going to help you. For personal reasons I won't be helping you, even if you ask politely.

Clearly AutoIt is your only language and you have never helped anyone but yourself, as your last two comments pretty much sum up what a waste of time it's going to be to help you. Seems you want to take everything but not give anything. 

2. I post here because was the unique related thread.

3. Didn't understand at all. Don't help me if you don't want. Thank you sir for the time taken to reply anyway but is a best idea to save it. Don't?

Clearly you know nothing about me or the programming languages i know. You can be sure at same level than the wrong you are. It's your opinion, and i should respect it, even if I think you're idiot now.

You are becoming a real nuisance as it seems that you only necro-post. And then to post this:

Given your behaviour to date I am placing you on permanent Moderator queue - this means that your posts will not appear until a Mod approves their content. And if you continue as you have been that will just not happen.  :naughty:

So over to you. If you want help, give us a chance to provide it - and stop necro-posting!  :mad:

M23 

Only necro-post? didn't understand if you say about that thread or all the threads i wrote.

About "Suggestions are really appreciated, as i cannot/won't share my script unless i can compile it to an exe." is clearly a mistaken related to my bad English (im not). I said my problem is not really the exe fails (but curious), is that "i cannot share finished program when the exe is broken, because i won't tell people as end user to install autoit engine".

Didn't say i won't share my source code and pretend to you use your magic cristall ball to tell me a solution without effort. Is not, really.

Just waiting for your instructions, but never expected this type of reply.

So, if I'm not welcome here tell me clearly and i will gone.

~ SELF SIGNED ~

• Moderators

erm3nda,

You are certainly welcome here - if you stop your annoying posting habits. :)

Only necro-post? didn't understand if you say about that thread or all the threads i wrote

Practically every post you have made is in a thread dating from several years ago. We discourage this for two main reasons:

- 1. The language advances and the functionality might well be included in core or UDF code by now

- 2. The changes in language syntax mean that it is likely that code from more than a couple of years ago may well not run under the current release interpreter without significant modification.

Didn't say i won't share my source code

Then I apologise as that was certainly the way that sentence came across. So why not post the code you use so that the more experienced people around here can take a look and see if they can spot the problem. ;)

I suggest we start again - you promise to stop necro-posting and I will lift the Mod queue. Deal? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

So why not post the code you use so that the more experienced people around here can take a look and see if they can spot the problem

New edit:

I have no  time to reproduce the same error i'm getting without creating a new app like, because i have a lot of sensitive data on my current script that i cannot omit to run it... Im using au3 file on Autoit.exe instead compiled by now...

I have made a little (shorter, 10 lines) buggy script on a new thread.

Maybe you cannot see the relation, but i do.

I wrote only basic code (not copied from any other script or forum, just seeking documentation) and i can assure the script fails ONLY when compiled.

Im very affraid. A have a public question... ¿really im the unique with compiling errors?

Edited by erm3nda

~ SELF SIGNED ~