Sometimes an error with Subscript used with non-Array variable

I have a puzzling error i can't seem to figure out.  I have a rather simple toolbar i made for aiding with windows installs to make the WinPE a little more robust.  When i run the following script from my desktop of a regular Windows install or from a Winbuilder WinPE it runs fine and without error.   If i run the same script from a vanilla (non-modified) boot.wim (no desktop environment) it has the "Subscript used with non-Array variable" error.  Its a bit of a bummer because its the vanilla boot.wim that could really benefit from the toolbar.  The only difference between the 2 environments i can think of is one has the desktop environment and the other doesn't.  I do use a setting to have the toolbar reside above the taskbar, but the vanilla boot.wim doesn't have a taskbar.  Could that be the problem, and if so, is there an easy remedy to have it function in both scenarios?

#RequireAdmin
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Files\OSInstaller.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
;#NoTrayIcon
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>

Sleep(4000)

If _Singleton("1", 1) = 0 Then
    Exit
EndIf

;Delete
FileDelete("x:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini")
FileDelete("x:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop\desktop.ini")
;Shortcuts
If FileExists("x:\windows\explorer.exe") Then
    FileCreateShortcut("x:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe", @DesktopCommonDir & "\Startup Repair.lnk", "x:\Windows\system32", @SW_SHOWNORMAL)
EndIf

If FileExists("x:\windows\explorer.exe") Then
    FileCreateShortcut("x:\windows\system32\Runsetup.exe", @DesktopCommonDir & "\WinPE Taskbar.lnk", "x:\Windows\system32", @SW_SHOWNORMAL)
EndIf

;Example()
;Func Example()
Local $hGUI = GUICreate('WinPE Taskbar', 484, 26, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, 'WinPE Taskbar')
$aTaskbar = WinGetPos("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]", "")
$aWin = WinGetPos($hGUI)
WinMove($hGUI, "", @DesktopWidth - $aWin[2] - 4, @DesktopHeight - $aWin[3] - $aTaskbar[3] - 4)
GUISetFont(6, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
GUISetBkColor(0x006020)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Install OS", 0, 0, 59, 25)
$Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("DART", 200, 0, 43, 25)
$Button3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Startup Repair", 240, 0, 83, 25)
$Button4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Recovery", 320, 0, 59, 25)
$Button5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Desktop", 376, 0, 59, 25)
$Button6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Explorer", 152, 0, 51, 25)
$Button7 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Internet", 104, 0, 51, 25)
$Button8 = GUICtrlCreateButton("ssWPI", 56, 0, 51, 25)
$Button9 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reboot", 432, 0, 51, 25)
WinSetOnTop($hGUI, "", 1)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ;Run("x:\Windows\system32\TASKBAR_EXIT_" & @OSArch & ".exe")
            Exit

Case $Button1 ;Os Gui
            If FileExists("x:\windows\system32\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe") = 1 Then
                Run("x:\windows\system32\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe")
            EndIf

If FileExists("x:\windows\system32\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe") = 0 Then
                $Test = Asc("A")
                For $Tem = 2 To 25
                    If FileExists(Chr($Test + $Tem) & ":\sources\$OEM$\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe") Then
                        $CDDRIVE = Chr($Test + $Tem) & ":"

If FileExists($CDDRIVE & "\sources\$OEM$\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe") = 1 Then
                            Run($CDDRIVE & "\sources\$OEM$\OS_" & @OSArch & ".exe")
                        EndIf

ExitLoop
                    EndIf
                Next
            EndIf

Case $Button2 ; DART
            Run("x:\sources\recovery\tools\MSDartTools.exe")

Case $Button3 ;Startup Repair
            Run("x:\sources\recovery\StartRep.exe")

Case $Button4 ;Recovery Env
            Run("x:\sources\recovery\RecEnv.exe")

Case $Button5 ; Desktop
            Local $ShellObj = ObjCreate("Shell.Application")
            $ShellObj.ToggleDesktop()

Case $Button6;  Explorer
            If FileExists(@WindowsDir & "\explorer.exe") = 1 Then
                Run(@WindowsDir & "\explorer.exe")
            EndIf

If FileExists(@WindowsDir & "\explorer.exe") = 0 Then
                $Test1 = Asc("A")
                For $Tem1 = 2 To 25
                    If FileExists(Chr($Test1 + $Tem1) & ":\boot\firadisk\explorer_" & @OSArch & ".exe") Then
                        $CDDRIVE2 = Chr($Test1 + $Tem1) & ":"

If FileExists($CDDRIVE2 & "\boot\firadisk\explorer_" & @OSArch & ".exe") = 1 Then
                            Run($CDDRIVE2 & "\boot\firadisk\explorer_" & @OSArch & ".exe")
                        EndIf

ExitLoop
                    EndIf
                Next
            EndIf

Case $Button7 ; internet
            If FileExists("x:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") = 0 Then
                Run("x:\Program Files\Opera12\opera.exe")
                Run("x:\Program Files\CD-Opera\opera.exe")
            EndIf
            If FileExists("x:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") = 1 Then
                Run("x:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe")
            EndIf

Case $Button8 ; sswpi
            $Test2 = Asc("A")
            For $Tem2 = 2 To 25
                If FileExists(Chr($Test2 + $Tem2) & ":\ssAppsInstalls\ssWPIInstaller\ssWPI.exe") Then
                    $sswpi = Chr($Test2 + $Tem2) & ":"

If FileExists($sswpi & "\ssAppsInstalls\ssWPIInstaller\ssWPI.exe") = 1 Then
                        Run($sswpi & "\ssAppsInstalls\ssWPIInstaller\ssWPI.exe")
                    EndIf

ExitLoop
                EndIf
            Next

Case $Button9 ; reboot
            Run("x:\windows\system32\wpeutil REBOOT")

EndSwitch
WEnd
GUIDelete($hGUI)
;EndFunc   ;==>Example

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam
    Return $HTCAPTION
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCHITTEST

Where's the error coming from, and what have you tried to find out what's causing it? Any MsgBoxes to tell you which line of the script might be causing it? What does WinGetPos return when you have the error? I'm going to assume that is where the error is coming from, as it's the only place I can see you using an array.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It's probably the WinGetPos functions which you should be looking at, add error checking to see if they return an array i.e. @error or UBound.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks BrewManH and guinness, i actually didn't know about the @error command.   I have some really extravagant code i could of posted, but this was as minimal an example i could find in my au3s to reproduce the error.  The error was WinGetPos, but i have spent so much time coding  im racoon eyed and stupid atm.  As i tried my best before the post to have the toolbar reside roughly above the taskbar, can you take pity on me and guide me in the right direction  to an alternate method doing the same thing without an error?   Im not a beginner, but i am a novice, and with my code i bit off more than i can chew.  Some of my au3 apps i use have 20,000 lines of code.  If i can figure this one thing out, i can finally get some well deserved R&R and perfect my various codes.  I 100% am one of those people that relies on the help to solve problems, but i can't seem to find an alternative to this one problem and my brain is mush.  If either of you know an easy method without any effort on your end, can you please provide an alternative method example or a specific place in the help to search?  

Edited by halikus

I don't use WinPE so I can really help. Look at @DesktopHeight and Width,maybe that will help if WinGetPos fails.

20,000 lines, I think my biggest application is something like 5,000!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018