@ScriptDir and Network Drives

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Is there a way to have it return the UNC instead of the mapped path?  I thought it was supposed to return the UNC based on other forum threads.

I could also use the first array item from  :

$MyPath = _WinNet_GetUniversalName(@ScriptDir)

but I believe I would first have to make sure @ScriptDir is not reporting a UNC

Can you give an example what DriveMapget returns and what you expect?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Can you give an example what DriveMapget returns and what you expect?

I have to deconstruct @ScriptDir if I use DriveMapGet.  If I use:

MsgBox(0,"test" ,DriveMapGet(@ScriptDir))

I get a message box with no message, suggesting that the function fails with a full path.

I would have to split @scriptDir, then get the ServerShare of the drive and then reconstruct it to use RunAs to run something via a UNC  So to display the UNC in a message box for a test, I end up with:

_PathSplit( @ScriptDir, $MyDrive, $MyDir, $MyFile, $MyExtension)
MsgBox(0,"test" ,DriveMapGet($MyDrive) & @CRLF & $MyDir & @CRLF & $MyFile & @CRLF & $MyExtension) ;display the Server\Share and other pieces
MsgBox(0,"test" , DriveMapGet($MyDrive) & $MyDir) ;dispaly the full UNC path

As you can see, to use the full UNC path, I  need to put the strings together again, as shown.  So why not use:

_ArrayDisplay($MyPath, "Demo _PathSplit()") ;display all the values
MsgBox(0,"test",$MyPath[0]) :display the full UNC path

And then I can just reference $MyPath[0] when I need the full UNC path.

Either way, I have to know that I am getting the mapped version of @ScriptDir and not the UNC version. or at least act according to which I am getting.

I am still confused as to when @scriptDir returns a UNC and when it returns a UNC.  I am hoping there is a way to force it to return a UNC and be done with it all without any conversions.

This should give you the UNC path:

$sDir = @ScriptDir
$aDir = StringSplit($sDir, ":")
If @error = 0 Then
    $sInfo = DriveMapGet($aDir[1] & ":")
    $sInfo &= $aDir[2]
    MsgBox(0, "", $sInfo)
EndIf

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Your solution works fine for me.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I came up with something similar, but was of the understanding @ScriptDir was supposed to return a UNC.  Is this not the case?  Is there a setting that can be made to force it to a UNC?

I came up with this which tests for a mapped drive or UNC first as I am almost positive I have seen @ScriptDir give me a UNC before:

#include <WinNet.au3>

$ScriptPath = @ScriptDir
;Make sure it is a UNC and not a mapped drive
if StringInStr($ScriptPath, ":") > 0 Then
    $ScriptPath = $MyPath[0]
EndIf

Is there a reason I should not use _WinNet_GetUniversalName()?

There are many ways to skin a cat. Use whichever solution returns the correct result.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Correct. I just opened a script in SciTe and passed the UNC path to the open dialog. Then @ScriptDir gives you the UNC path.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I went through some trouble like this before while trying to make a login script that checks if it is running from the network and if so copy itself to the users' appdata and run again.

But eventually I had an environment that had appdata stored on the server. :x 

This is how I learned to just do it with:

If @ScriptDir <> @AppDataDir Then _CopyandRun

Which of course was simpler, more reliable, and faster.

Edited by blckpythn