Sign in to follow this  
blckpythn

StdoutRead a Powershell window.

I have a script that executes powershell commands to interact with Office 365(Microsoft hosted Exchange service).

I want to hide the powershell window and interpret the output silently, so that non-savvy users can reset passwords and such without having to learn powershell or understand its errors.

However, when I use:

Func RunCommand($commandtorun)
    $output = ""
    If WinExists("Administrator:") Then WinActivate("Administrator:")
    Send($commandtorun & "{ENTER}")
    While 1
        $output &= StdoutRead($pwshell)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
    MsgBox(0, "stdoutread", $output)
EndFunc   ;==>RunCommand

It doesn't exit the loop until I close the powershell window.(by design I believe)

Is there another way to return just a particular command's output?

Also, if I use $Stdin_child, the powershell window doesn't display its prompt for a command until I close my script.

Is that by design also?

How are you starting the powershell command window? The Run command allows you to read the StdIO streams, have you tried that?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

How are you starting the powershell command window? The Run command allows you to read the StdIO streams, have you tried that?

I'm starting it with the following and having trouble with the stdoutread command.

$pwshell = Run(@SystemDir & '\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe  -NoExit -Command "Import-Module MSOnline"', "", @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

The issue with powershell not showing the prompt is when I add

+ $stdin_child

after

$stderr_child + $stdout_child

I have not tried anything else.

Edited by blckpythn

To keep PowerShell hidden maybe the >COM interface helps.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

To keep PowerShell hidden maybe the >COM interface helps.

Keeping it hidden isn't the issue, I haven't even gotten to that yet.

I'm just trying to read the output so that when I do hide it, I can see if there was an error with the command and let the end-user know.

Little update: Even though it doesn't show the prompt when using $STDIN_CHILD, I can successfully use the StdinWrite() command.

However, StdoutRead still isn't getting any data or exiting its loop.

Edited by blckpythn

I have a working example I will post on Monday.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-08-19 - Version 1.4.13.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Taks Scheduler (NEW 2019-10-09 - Version 0.9.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

That's the way I grab the PS output:

$sCMD = "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command . " & _
            "'D:\Exchange Server\V14\bin\RemoteExchange.ps1'; Connect-ExchangeServer -auto; Enable-Mailbox -Identity " & _
            $Kurzzeichen & " -Alias " & $Kurzzeichen & " -Database " & $sEXDatabase & $sSMTPAddress
    $pid = Run($sCMD, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD + $STDERR_CHILD)
    StdinWrite($pid, @CRLF)
    StdinWrite($pid)
    ; Ausgabe von STDOUT
    $sSTDOUT = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput = StdoutRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If $sOutput <> "" Then $sSTDOUT = $sSTDOUT & @CRLF & $sOutput
    WEnd
    ; Ausgabe von STDERR
    $sSTDERR = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput = StderrRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If $sOutput <> "" Then $sSTDERR = $sSTDERR & @CRLF & $sOutput
    WEnd

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Both of your examples require powershell to exit in order to return the stream, is there a way to return it without exiting powershell?

What I posted is only one example and it should grab StdOut and StdErr as soon as Run returned. Try this:

$sCMD = "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command . " & _
            "'D:\Exchange Server\V14\bin\RemoteExchange.ps1'; Connect-ExchangeServer -auto; Enable-Mailbox -Identity " & _
            $Kurzzeichen & " -Alias " & $Kurzzeichen & " -Database " & $sEXDatabase & $sSMTPAddress
    $pid = Run($sCMD, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDIN_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD + $STDERR_CHILD)
    StdinWrite($pid, @CRLF)
    StdinWrite($pid)
    ; Ausgabe von STDOUT
    $sSTDOUT = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput = StdoutRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If $sOutput <> "" Then 
          $sSTDOUT = $sSTDOUT & @CRLF & $sOutput
          ConsoleWrite($sOutput & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    WEnd
    ; Ausgabe von STDERR
    $sSTDERR = ""
    While 1
        $sOutput = StderrRead($pid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        If $sOutput <> "" Then 
            $sSTDERR = $sSTDERR & @CRLF & $sOutput
            ConsoleWrite($sOutput & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    WEnd

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

What I posted is only one example and it should grab StdOut and StdErr as soon as Run returned. Try this:...

The thing is, I'm running powershell with -NoExit because I'm having to authenticate with O365 and that involves running a few commands sequentially.

Then I have to leave that session open to let the user pass commands to. So the proccess doesn't send an @error to StderrRead. Therefor, it doesn't return anything until after the session is ended.

This doesn't help me because I need the errors DURING the session.

I have to run

$LiveCred = Get-Credential <--they need to provide their credentials or I will have them input it earlier and automate it.

Then $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $LiveCred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirection

Then Import-PSSession $Session

Then Connect-MsolService <--again, credentials needed.

After all that, they can start resetting passwords and whatnot, but I want to monitor for errors WHILE powershell is still open.

Am I not making sense or doing it stupidly?

Makes sense.

In this case I would have a look at the PS COM interface as I have posted before. Seems to allow to send command by command and return the result in a buffer.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Makes sense.

In this case I would have a look at the PS COM interface as I have posted before. Seems to allow to send command by command and return the result in a buffer.

I followed the link in that post but cannot find the ActiveXPoSH download.

Did you register an account as described >here?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Did you register an account as described >here?

Sure did. From the post it looks like it is part of PrimalScript 2012, but that is not free. I'm downloading the "Try It" or trial... we'll see.

Edited by blckpythn

Then I suggest to PM ptrex because he is the author of the OP.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Don't think it counts as recro-posting. It is just helpful for others :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Got it!

Using ActiveXPosh, the example of:

Func ExecuteCMD($sPSCmd)
 Dim $outtext
 ; Set the $OUTPUT mode to $BUFFER
 $ActiveXPosh.OutputMode = $OUTPUT_BUFFER
 $ActiveXPosh.Execute($sPSCmd)

; Get the $OUTPUT line by line and add it to a variable
 For $str In $ActiveXPosh.OUTPUT()
   $outtext =  $outtext & $str
  $outtext =  $outtext & @CRLF
 Next

; Alternatively you can get the $OUTPUT as a single String
; $outtext = $ActiveXPosh.OutputString
 ConsoleWrite ($outtext & @CR)

$ActiveXPosh.ClearOutput() ; Empty the $OUTPUT $BUFFER
EndFunc

Works perfectly for getting the return of individual commands without "exiting" the session.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By antonioj84
      I need some help with the powershell code below
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> #RequireAdmin $PS='Get-NetConnectionProfile | Where-Object { $_.NetworkCategory -match "$Public" } | Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private' $sCommands = "powershell -Command " & $PS &"" $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & $sCommands, "", @SW_SHOW , $stdout_child)  
    • By TheyCallMeBacon
      Has anyone had success managing LAPS with AutoIT?  (LAPS is Microsoft's Local Admin Password Solution.)
      I am running v3.3.14.2 and Powershell 5.1.17134.858 on Windows 10 1803 build 17134.885.
      I have read the entire AutoIT Help file, all of the AD UDF scripts and supporting HTML files, and a large part of the Internet and have researched myself into paralysis.
      My company has more than one domain with two-way trusts and use LAPS on each domain.  At present, we remote in to a jump box in each domain when we need to manage a device there. I want to build a multiple-domain console that works just like the LAPS UI, but allows the user to select a domain via pull-down. 
      At this point, I can't even get the crazy thing to work on the current domain.  
      If I feed it $sComputername = 'T4211BLC1' 
      $sComputerName = GUICtrlRead($idComputerName) $iPID = Run('powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass Get-AdmPwdPassword "' & $sComputerName & '"', "c:\", @SW_Show, $STDOUT_CHILD) ; Wait until the process has closed using the PID returned by Run. ProcessWaitClose($iPID) ; Read the Stdout stream of the PID returned by Run. While 1 $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) if @error then ExitLoop if $sOutput <> "" Then $sStdout = $sStdout & @CRLF & $sOutput WEnd sends this to the console:
      Get-AdmPwdPassword : The term 'Get-AdmPwdPassword' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + Get-AdmPwdPassword T4211BLC1 + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Get-AdmPwdPassword:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException But if I put this on the Windows command line:
      powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass Get-AdmPwdPassword "T4211BLC1" ...it runs perfectly.
      ComputerName DistinguishedName Password Expiration Timestamp ------------ ----------------- -------- ---------- T4211BLC1 CN=T4211BLC1,OU=GPO Computers Testing OU,O... YQc7Cl39wFrIF5 6/10/20... So (if you're still awake),
      Why can't Powershell find 'Get-AdmPwdPassword' when called from within AutoIT? Why can't I read STDOUT? FYI - I've tried ShellExecute, and calling a .ps1 from the script, even Run('cmd /k ...) and I get the same result - Powershell doesn't recognize the cmdlet.
      Thanks in advance!!
    • By a350
      I send a string Sun is shining, the weather is sweet to my Powershell script for converting text to JSON request and then to speech.
      This snippet works as intended:
      $CMD = "powershell " & $powershellScript & " -Text '" & $sText & "' -Path " & $outputFile[1] & ".wav" $execCommand = Run($CMD, '' , @SW_HIDE, 0x2) This one differs only by single quotes:
      $CMD = 'powershell ' & $powershellScript & ' -Text "' & $sText & '" -Path ' & $outputFile[1] & '.wav' $execCommand = Run($CMD, '' , @SW_HIDE, 0x2) And only the first word Sun is voiced for some reason.
      I wonder why is it so and is it on Autoit side or PS/JSON?
    • By AdamUL
      Below are some functions that I created when I needed to get some Group Policy information via script.  The quickest way I found to get this information was using the Group Policy Module for PowerShell.  This is not a full UDF for the Group Policy Module.  There are a lot more options available with the cmdlets, and this only touches on a few.  To use the functions below, for a Windows client, you will need to install Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT).  For Windows Server 2012 or later, you will need to install the Group Policy Management Console.  
      Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT)
      Installing the Group Policy Management Console via PowerShell for Windows Server 2012 or later.  Run in an Admin PowerShell prompt.
      Install-WindowsFeature –Name GPMC PowerShell Group Policy Module Documentation
      For the example below, the AD UDF is only required to query GPO names, but is not required to use the functions.  
      #include <AD.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> Global $sLDAPFilter = "(name=*)" Global $sExcludeFilter = "" Global $sIncludeFilter = "" Global $sBaseDN = "DC=ad,DC=university,DC=edu" Global $sDataToRetrieve = "sAMAccountName" $sIncludeFilter = "(&(displayName=LIBS-*))" ;GPO Names. $sLDAPFilter = "(&(objectClass=groupPolicyContainer)" & $sExcludeFilter & $sIncludeFilter & ")" $sDataToRetrieve = "displayName,name" _AD_Open() Global $aGPONames = _AD_GetObjectsInOU($sBaseDN, $sLDAPFilter, 2, $sDataToRetrieve) If @error Then MsgBox(64, "Active Directory Functions", "No objects found") Exit _AD_Close() EndIf _AD_Close() ;Add column headers to the output array. Global $aDataToRetrieve = StringSplit($sDataToRetrieve, ",", 2) For $i = 0 To UBound($aGPONames, 2) - 1 Step 1 $aGPONames[0][$i] = $aDataToRetrieve[$i] Next _ArraySort($aGPONames) _ArrayDisplay($aGPONames, "LIBS GPOs") ;For Testing. Global $aGPOPermissions = _AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS($aGPONames[1][0]) If @error Then Exit 1 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOPermissions, $aGPONames[1][0]) Global $sOU = "OU=libs,OU=active,DC=ad,DC=university,DC=edu" Global $aGPOLinks = _AD_GetGPOLinksPS($sOU) If @error Then Exit 2 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOLinks, $sOU) Global $aGPOInheritedLinks = _AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS($sOU) If @error Then Exit 2 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOInheritedLinks, $sOU) Global $aGPOs = _AD_GetAllGPOsPS() If @error Then Exit 3 _ArraySort($aGPOs) _ArrayDisplay($aGPOs, "GPOs") Global $aGPOName = _AD_GetGPOByNamePS($aGPONames[1][0]) If @error Then Exit 4 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOName, $aGPONames[1][0]) Global $aGPOGuid = _AD_GetGPOByGuidPS($aGPONames[1][1]) If @error Then Exit 5 _ArrayDisplay($aGPOGuid, $aGPONames[1][1]) Global $sReportName = "C:\Users\adamul\Desktop\Group Policy Object (GPO) PowerShell\Reports\" & $aGPONames[1][0] & ".html" _AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS($aGPONames[1][0], $sReportName) If @error Then Exit 6 Global $sReportGUID = "C:\Users\adamul\Desktop\Group Policy Object (GPO) PowerShell\Reports\" & $aGPONames[1][1] & ".html" _AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS($aGPONames[1][1], $sReportGUID) If @error Then Exit 6 Func _AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS($sGPOName) ;An array of permission level for one or more security principals on a specified GPO. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPPermissions -Name ''' & $sGPOName & ''' -All"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOPermissionsPS Func _AD_GetGPOLinksPS($sOUName) ;An array of GPOs that are linked directly to the location. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; (Get-GPInheritance -Target ''' & $sOUName & "').GpoLinks" ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOLinksPS Func _AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS($sOUName) ;An array of GPOs that are applied to the location when Group Policy is processed on a client. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; (Get-GPInheritance -Target ''' & $sOUName & "').InheritedGpoLinks" ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOInheritedLinksPS Func _AD_GetAllGPOsPS() ;An array of information on all the GPOs in a domain. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -All"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetAllGPOsPS Func _AD_GetGPOByNamePS($sGPOName) ;An array of information on one Group Policy Object (GPO) in a domain by Display Name. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -Name ''' & $sGPOName & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;Add end of line characters for single return group to be processed. $sGPOCmdOutput = $sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") ;Remove last @CRLF to prevent blank row in return array. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringTrimRight($sGPOCmdOutput, 2) Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOByNamePS Func _AD_GetGPOByGuidPS($sGPOGuid) ;An array of information on one Group Policy Object (GPO) in a domain by GUID. Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Import-Module GroupPolicy; Get-GPO -Guid ''' & $sGPOGuid & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;Add end of line characters for single return group to be processed. $sGPOCmdOutput = $sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF Local $iGPOCmdOutputSS = StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF) If $iGPOCmdOutputSS = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) Local $sGPOCmdOutputSS = StringMid($sGPOCmdOutput, 1, $iGPOCmdOutputSS) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF & $sGPOCmdOutputSS & @CRLF) ;For testing. Local $sRegEx = "([^:\r\n]*):.*" Local $aProperties = StringRegExp($sGPOCmdOutputSS, $sRegEx, 3) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aProperties) ;For testing. If StringInStr($sGPOCmdOutput, "ArgumentException") Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ;Get data on multiple lines to a single line. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sGPOCmdOutput, "(\r\n\h{2,})", "") ;Remove last @CRLF to prevent blank row in return array. $sGPOCmdOutput = StringTrimRight($sGPOCmdOutput, 2) Local $aGPOCmdOutput = StringSplit($sGPOCmdOutput, @CRLF & @CRLF, 1) ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput) ;For testing. ;Convert from a list output to a 2D array. Local $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$aGPOCmdOutput[0]][UBound($aProperties)] ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) Local $aTemp For $i = 1 To $aGPOCmdOutput[0] Step 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aGPOCmdOutput[$i], @CRLF, 1) For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] Step 1 For $k = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 If StringInStr($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k]) Then $aGPOCmdOutput2D[$i - 1][$k] = StringStripWS(StringReplace($aTemp[$j], $aProperties[$k] & ":", ""), 3) EndIf Next Next Next ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aGPOCmdOutput2D) ;For testing. For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 Step 1 $aProperties[$i] = StringStripWS($aProperties[$i], 3) Next _ArrayTranspose($aProperties) _ArrayConcatenate($aProperties, $aGPOCmdOutput2D) Return $aProperties EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOByGuidPS Func _AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS($sGPOName, $sReportFullPath, $sReportType = "HTML") ;Generates a report either in XML or HTML format for a specified GPO by name in a domain. Switch $sReportType Case "HTML", "XML" Case Else Return SetError(1, 0, False) EndSwitch Local $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sReportFullPath, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "$1") ;~ ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;~ If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, False) Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Get-GPOReport -Name ''' & $sGPOName & ''' -ReportType ' & $sReportType & ' -Path ''' & $sReportFullPath & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. If $sGPOCmdOutput <> "" Then SetError(3, 0, False) Return True EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOReportByNamePS Func _AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS($sGPOGuid, $sReportFullPath, $sReportType = "HTML") ;Generates a report either in XML or HTML format for a specified GPO by GUID in a domain. Switch $sReportType Case "HTML", "XML" Case Else Return SetError(1, 0, False) EndSwitch Local $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sReportFullPath, "(^.*\\)(.*)", "$1") ;~ ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) ;For testing. ;~ If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(2, 0, False) Local $sGPOCmd = 'powershell "Get-GPOReport -GUID ''' & $sGPOGuid & ''' -ReportType ' & $sReportType & ' -Path ''' & $sReportFullPath & '''"' ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmd & @CRLF) ;Turn off redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(False) Local $iPIDGPOCmd = Run($sGPOCmd, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ProcessWaitClose($iPIDGPOCmd) ;Turn on redirection for a 32-bit script on 64-bit system. If @OSArch = "X64" And Not @AutoItX64 Then _WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(True) Local $sGPOCmdOutput = StringStripWS(StdoutRead($iPIDGPOCmd), 3) ;~ ConsoleWrite($sGPOCmdOutput & @CRLF & @CRLF) ;For testing. If $sGPOCmdOutput <> "" Then SetError(3, 0, False) Return True EndFunc ;==>_AD_GetGPOReportByGuidPS  
      Adam

• By GillesMaisonneuve
      Good morning,

I am trying to read a Unicode utf8 string from a perl subprocess via StdoutRead.
      I use an AUtoIt GUI and display result in an 'Edit' control (see my code below) using 'Courier New', a font that can handle Unicode characters.
      I was expecting a result looking like (CMD console):
      ++$ chcp 65001>NUL: & perl -Mutf8 -CS -e "use 5.018; binmode STDOUT,q(:utf8); say qq(\x{03A9})" & chcp 850>NUL: Ω Instead I get someting like this (see downward the screen copy):
      ++$ chcp 1250>NUL: & perl -Mutf8 -CS -e "use 5.018; binmode STDOUT,q(:utf8); say qq(\x{03A9})" & chcp 850>NUL: Ω Obviously while I was expecting to receive an utf8 char, it seems to have been converted to Windows ANSI codepage 1250 (Windows default for Western/Central Europe, right ?)
      What am I doing wrong? Is there someone who could guide me?

Here is my code and my output in the GUI.
      Creating and configuring the Edit control:
      Local $Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit( "", 20, 110, 780, 500, BitOr($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_EDIT,$ES_MULTILINE,$ES_READONLY) ) GUICtrlSetData($Edit1, "This field will contain text result from external Perl command") GUICtrlSetFont($Edit1, 10, $FW_THIN, $GUI_FONTNORMAL, "Courier New")  
      Executing Perl command (note: `-Mutf8` and `-CS` garantees that I work in utf8 and STDOUT accepts wide-characters):
      local $ExePath = 'perl.exe -Mutf8 -CS ' ;~ if perl in PATH, no need for full path C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe local $Params = '-e "use 5.018; use utf8; use charnames q(:full); binmode STDOUT,q(:utf8);' & _ 'say scalar localtime; say qq(\N{GREEK CAPITAL LETTER OMEGA})"' local $Cmd = $ExePath & ' ' & $Params Local $iPID = Run($Cmd, "", @SW_HIDE, BitOR($STDERR_CHILD, $STDOUT_CHILD))  
      Reading STDOUT and displaying it into the Edit control:
      While 1 $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID) If @error Then ; Exit the loop if the process closes or StdoutRead returns an error. ExitLoop EndIf WEnd If $sOutput <> '' Then GUICtrlSetData($Edit1, $sOutput) EndIf  
      And now, what I get on my GUI: