AutoIt3HelpFiles.zip

Jos

Helpfile suggestion  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Introduce also Syntax Colors for the SYNTAX block in the Helpfile?

• Yes
    • No

guinness

I did a lighter yellow - AdlibRegister

I found out the Clipboard copy doesn't work on my browser. Here's the function if you would like to change it:

<script>
function ClipBoard(){
    var text = document.getElementById("holdtext");
    window.prompt ("CTRL+C to copy to clipboard:", text.innerText);
}
</script>

And in the document's top right corner, and in the "copytext" element's top right corner:

<a href="#" onclick="ClipBoard();">

It opens a prompt with code to copy etc.

[indent=3][/indent]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VixinG

I would not like to discuss in this topic. My option works in IE, but your are not working at all.

I'm sorry, your code doesn't work for me in any browser, even IE, that's why I wanted to help. It's just me :)

> Uncaught TypeError: Object #<HTMLTextAreaElement> has no method 'createTextRange' AscW.htm:26
ClipBoard AscW.htm:26
(anonymous function)

Regards

Edited by VixinG

[indent=3][/indent]

Apart from Azijo, no-one has given any reasons for keeping this idea, unless you consider different colour suggestions an approval (which appears to be the case). although very few forum members have expressed an opinion. I found the square brackets difficult to differentiate. I think using two colours would make more sense - giving pseudo code elements one colour (perhaps black) and AutoIt code a different colour (or vice versa). I believe this would help beginners rather than confuse them.

Edited by czardas

• Moderators

Hi,

We already see many new users try to include the "optional" [ ] pseudo-syntax in their code and then wondering why it does not work. I would not wish to see the initial syntax explanation given the same colouring as the example code - the chances for confusion are just too great. :(

In my opinion the only colouring of that section of the Help file page that might be advantageous would be putting the [ ] pseudo-syntax in light grey to distinguish it from the real syntax . ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

We already see many new users try to include the "optional" [ ] pseudo-syntax in their code

I have not seen

4 - voted "yes"

3 - voted "no"

At the Russian forum I made long ago, problems didn't see. And all are silent, everything means agree.

Edited by AZJIO

It's the syntax that needs to be understood. Syntax highlighting is very helpful with real code. I have never had a problem with the colours used in the syntax section of the help file. The complication is that it contains pseudo code elements. These ought to be different and stand out. If everything is highlighted, you lose that option.

Edited by czardas

• Moderators

AZJIO,

Please do not take comments against syntax colouring so personally - we have as much right to express our opinion as you. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Is that possible to have an external stylesheet that the chm file can use? RIght now default.css is embedded in the chm file.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018