Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
power1power1

Temporarily map a key to another

10 posts in this topic

The question that I have is what do you suggest to temporarily map a key to another?

I want to temporarily map say M key to N key. I used  _IsPressed() to see if M is pressed and then send N key. The issue was the N key would have been sent when M key was pressed and Windows didn't like that. So I added another _IsPressed() to check and send N key after M key was released. This resolved the issue with Windows. Now the problem is it doesn't feel well that the N key is sent on releasing M key rather than pressing M key.

HotKeySet("M", "M")

Func M()
    HotKeySet("M", "")
    Send("N")
    HotKeySet("M", "M")
EndFunc

Hi 0xdefea7. Thanks for the script. I tested it and it works OK. I also noticed I won't be able to map Ctrl to another key. Is there any work around you might know of?

Why would you like to do this?

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Well, there are two Ctrl keys on the keyboard and I wanted to make use of one of them as a new key.

In the help file for HotKeySet() - it clearly states that you cannot set Ctrl key (by itself), as it itself is a modifier. That said, you will have to look into other methods (e.g. hooking the dll) to get what you want. 

Can you elaborate on "hooking the dll" method?

OK, thanks a lot.

For those who follow this question: I ended up updating the ExitNow() function as follows:

Func ExitNow()
   HotKeySet("{F3}")
   Send("{F3}")
   Exit
EndFunc

And I added the following line to the script:

OnAutoItExitRegister("OnAutoItExit")

Well, there is a Sleep(10) which I changed it to Sleep(100) as well.