Sign in to follow this  
chipchip

How to detect slow internet connection?

chipchip

Hi Helper,

sorry  for my english

i try to detect slow internet connection from my data card by reading string from COM port:

it generate the strings like below:

rssi:

^mode: 5,7

^mode: 5,4

^mode: 3,3

^mode: 5,5

ok

i want to capture only string : ^mode:3,3 (mean bad signal) and make sure at the moment the connection speed is slow. But those string change every 2 or 3 sec..

my code look like:

$instr = _commgetstring()

$instr = StringReplace($instr,@CR,@CRLF)

If StringInStr($instr, "^MODE:3,3") Then

(do somme things here)

but it 's seem not correct

any help would be appreciated. 

Edano

try StringInStr($instr, "^MODE: 3,3")

you forgot a space behind the colon

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

chipchip

try StringInStr($instr, "^MODE: 3,3")

you forgot a space behind the colon

Hi Edano, thank for your quick reponse

the syntax was correct but it need 1 condition : internet speed at this moment is slow, be cause sometimes it have "^mode:3,3" in string but connection speed is exellent. I don't know how to define the speed, or some one have a solution?

Edano

ping

[color=rgb(255,0,0);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]FukuLeaks[/color][/font]

chipchip

ping

i thing about ping but not easy for me ..

guinness

Use IneGet with background set to 1 and then use InetGetInfo with some maths to determine the speed. Look in my signature for _Inet functions I created.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

chipchip

Use IneGet with background set to 1 and then use InetGetInfo with some maths to determine the speed. Look in my signature for _Inet functions I created.

Hi Guiness,

imagine i'm new to autoit ): can you give me a exemple?

thanks for your help.

guinness

Hi Guiness,

imagine i'm new to autoit ): can you give me a exemple?

thanks for your help.

I did. All you had to do was look in my signature. But I will imagine you're totally new to Forum etiquette as well >>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

chipchip

Guiness,

it mean i should download somthing to determine speed? 

guinness

Why not just use a speedtesting site instead of complicating yourself?

• Like 1

UDF List:

chipchip

Why not just use a speedtesting site instead of complicating yourself?

thanks, i'm still learning...

Kidney

Here is a script i made from using one of the UDF from Ascend4nt. it does what you r asking but it will also shut down your computer if idle for too long. let me know if you need anything explained.

Note: make sure you check the includes so you know which files you need.

EDIT: meant Ascend4nt

NetworkSpeed.au3

Edited by Kidney

guinness

Those aren't my UDFs unfortunately.

UDF List:

chipchip

Here is a script i made from using one of the UDF from guinness. it does what you r asking but it will also shut down your computer if idle for too long. let me know if you need anything explained.

Note: make sure you check the includes so you know which files you need.

Thanks but it take too long...

Kidney

Those aren't my UDFs unfortunately.

lol meant Ascend4nt

guinness

...and Melba23.

UDF List:

Kidney

...and Melba23.

i did not grab the network statistics from Melba23

guinness

No, but you did the ExtMsgBox. I like the UDF, but for purposes of demonstrating a MsgBox would have been suffice.

UDF List: