Is it possible to download email attachments from gmail without 3party software?

Hi my fellow coders.

Im currently developing a program to monitor server performance at alot of diffrent locations. I have created a webbbased application that the program send information to, and everyting works great. However i do have some servers on remote sites that are locked down and do not have access to port 80. Therefor i have used the the script son this forum to make the program send an email with the data as an attached CSV, and it works great. The big isssue is that everyday i need to manually download this email and we are talking about 20 mail with 2 attahced files, every day.

So my question is:

Is there a way to download theese attachments to a specific folder on my machine/server without using a third party application? I know i could do it with Outlook or Mozilla thunderbird. But i would prefer not to use any of these.

Ive checked gmails atom feed. But i dosnet look like you could download attachments with that. I also checked a pop UDF that looks promesing but it didnt support SSL (witch is needed for google as far ias i understand).

So i leave the uestion open. Suggestions? Thanks :)

Edited by Tjalve

IIRC this has been discussed on the forum. If you search for "gmail attachment download" or something similar you should be able to find the thread.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I checked the german forum you linked to.

Unfortunately the script doesn't support SSL neither.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

If you could use Outlook then it would be rather simple to automate using my OutlookEX UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You could try the ActiveX part of EAGetMail from here.

I haven't had much luck with it ;)

Edited by DatMCEyeBall

"Just be fred, all we gotta do, just be fred."  -Vocaliod

"That is a Hadouken. A KAMEHAMEHA would have taken him 13 days and 54 episodes to form." - Roden Hoxha

@tabhooked

Clock made of cursors ♣ Desktop Widgets ♣ Water Simulation