Split String To Array

I am confused.

I have a String like this:

Info1||||Info2||||Info3||||Info4

I have an Array like this:

Local $InfoParts[3]

And I like to split my string by |||| in the array. So Every Array Element gets the next part. Like this:

$InfoParts[0] = "Info1"
$InfoParts[1] = "Info2"
$InfoParts[2] = "Info3"
$InfoParts[3] = "Info4"

But it won't work. I tried StringSplit but how can I put them In a new element? :o

Edited by MadaraUchiha

$MyString = "Info1||||Info2||||Info3||||Info4"
$Parts[3] 

$Parts[0] = StringSplit($MyString,"||||")
$Parts[1] = StringSplit($MyString,"||||")
$Parts[2] = StringSplit($MyString,"||||")
$Parts[3] = StringSplit($MyString,"||||")

I mean this splits it but everytime it splits all not sorted.
I like to get the Items in the array in the right order of splitting.
So $Parts[0] gets Info1 and $Parts[1] gets Info2 and $Parts[2] gets Info3 etc etc...

$Parts = StringSplit($MyString,"||||", 3)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Try this:

#include <Array.au3>
$Parts = StringSplit(StringReplace($MyString, "||||", "|"), "|", 2)

_ArrayDisplay($Parts)

@guinness: that will not work as expected. ;)

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Hm...

#include<Array.au3>
Local $Parts[3]
$Parts = StringSplit($MyString,"||||", 2)
MsgBox(0,'',$Parts[0])
MsgBox(0,'',$Parts[1])
MsgBox(0,'',$Parts[2])
MsgBox(0,'',$Parts[3])

First msgbox returns Info1, the others are empty?

EDIT:

This seems to work:

#include <Array.au3>
$Parts = StringSplit(StringReplace($MyString, "||||", "|"), "|", 2)
msgbox(0,'',$Parts[0])
msgbox(0,'',$Parts[1])
msgbox(0,'',$Parts[2])
msgbox(0,'',$Parts[3])
Edited by MadaraUchiha

You're right UEZ. Change it to 3. I didn't test it that's why.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Well in the new AutoIt beta I would write it as $STR_ENTIRESPLIT + $STR_NOCOUNT because magic numbers are awful.

UDF List:

Yeah, I'm a bit late, but try putting 3 as the last parameter in StringSplit. I'm on a public computer, and can't test, but I'm thinking that the delimiter is just thinking that it's a single '|' and not 3. So you need parameter 1, at least. I don't know if using 3 is valid. If it isn't, just try it using 1, and start your array at [1] and not [0]

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

Yeah, I'm a bit late, but try putting 3 as the last parameter in StringSplit. I'm on a public computer, and can't test, but I'm thinking that the delimiter is just thinking that it's a single '|' and not 3. So you need parameter 1, at least. I don't know if using 3 is valid. If it isn't, just try it using 1, and start your array at [1] and not [0]

It's valid. Otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it!

#insulttoinjury

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Okay, guys, thanks so far, but there is one last problem.

In my case, the string contains line breaks (@LF)

So the String looks like this:

Info5||||Info6||||Info7||||Info8
Info9||||Info10||||Info11||||Info12

So I first need to split by @LF and in a loop split every Line by |||| and show the result in a msgbox.

How can I accomplish this?

I tried that:

For $i = 0 To 2 Step 1
   $Parts = StringSplit(StringReplace($Result, @LF, "  "), "|", 2)
   For $Index = 0 to 4 Step 1
       ;???
    Next
Next

Why not strip the @LF? Hint: See my signature.

UDF List:

It's valid. Otherwise I wouldn't have recommended it!

#insulttoinjury

I'm sorry! I was just expanding it a little further with some explaintion ;)

Okay, guys, thanks so far, but there is one last problem.

In my case, the string contains line breaks (@LF)

So the String looks like this:

Info5||||Info6||||Info7||||Info8
Info9||||Info10||||Info11||||Info12

So I first need to split by @LF and in a loop split every Line by |||| and show the result in a msgbox.

How can I accomplish this?

I tried that:

For $i = 0 To 2 Step 1
   $Parts = StringSplit(StringReplace($Result, @LF, "  "), "|", 2)
   For $Index = 0 to 4 Step 1
       ;???
    Next
Next

You can't just take the string as a whole and remove the line breaks? Also, why replace the @LF with a space (" ") instead of just nothing ("")

We ought not to misbehave, but we should look as though we could.

I know mistersquirrle, I didn't take offence to it.

UDF List:

Try it like this...

#include <array.au3>

local $str

$str &= 'Info1||||Info2||||Info3||||Info4' & @crlf
$str &= 'Info5||||Info6||||Info7||||Info8' & @crlf
$str &= 'Info9||||Info10||||Info11||||Info12'

local $array = stringregexp($str,'([^\|\r\n]+)',3)

_arraydisplay($array)

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I'm sorry! I was just expanding it a little further with some explaintion ;)

You can't just take the string as a whole and remove the line breaks? Also, why replace the @LF with a space (" ") instead of just nothing ("")

I am not sure how to solve this.

But I think I need two loops? One to split by @LF and another one to split every line by ||| ? But how? Yes And I mean I split by @LF then load all those into an array, right? Then split every array Item into another array by |||? But how to script this...? I am kinda Brainfucked O_o 

Just replay @LF with "||||" and you are done.

#include <Array.au3>
$MyString = "Info1||||Info2||||Info3||||Info4" & @LF & _
            "Info5||||Info6||||Info7||||Info8" & @LF & _
            "Info9||||Info10||||Info11||||Info12"
$Parts = StringSplit(StringReplace($MyString, @LF, "||||"), "||||", 3)

_ArrayDisplay($Parts)

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

here ya go...if you want an array for each line

#include <array.au3>
$string = "Info1||||Info2||||Info3||||Info4" & @CRLF & _
"Info5||||Info6||||Info7||||Info8" & @CRLF & _
"Info9||||Info10||||Info11||||Info12"
ConsoleWrite($string)

$aCRLFSplit = StringSplit($string,@CRLF,3)
For $i = 0 To UBound($aCRLFSplit)-1
    $aCRLFSplit[$i] = StringSplit($aCRLFSplit[$i],"||||",3)
    _ArrayDisplay($aCRLFSplit[$i])
Next
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

kylomas,

You don't need to escape | in a character class.

UDF List: