Customizing Constructors Proglem

Can I ask for a little bit of help, I think my error(s) are in the last line, but I'm lost?

// Use this constructor to make the_hobbit, a book by "J.R.R. Tolkien" with 320 pages. Notice by using the constructor you can do this in only one line instead of three!

// 3 lines required to make harry_potter

var harry_potter = new Object();
harry_potter.pages = 350;
harry_potter.author = "J.K. Rowling";

// A custom constructor for book

function Book (pages, author) {
    this.pages = pages;
    this.author = author;
}

// Use our new constructor to make the_hobbit in one line

var the_hobbit = new Book(" a book by:" + author("J.R.R. Tokien") + " with" + pages(320) + " pages.");
Edited by GratefulEnergy

I don't know what language you are programming in, but it should be something like this:

var the_hobbit = new Book(320,"J.R.R. Tokien");

print( "a book by: " + the_hobbit .author + " with " + the_hobbit.pages + " pages" );

I'm doing the JavaScript course at Codeacademy, but I had waited so long, I searched and found this site, an thought to ask for some help... such a newbie that I honestly didn't even think to say what language it was as I thought it would just be apparent (poor assumption).  

So instead of print I would use console.log yeah?

Well, first complete the codeacademy lessons methinks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I'm doing the JavaScript course at Codeacademy, but I had waited so long, I searched and found this site, an thought to ask for some help... such a newbie that I honestly didn't even think to say what language it was as I thought it would just be apparent (poor assumption).  

So instead of print I would use console.log yeah?

BTW, I had tried that, passing the values in the parameter locations such as you've done, just placing 320 in the pages spot and author name in author spot and I get the output that it's asking for, but still it won't pass me saying:

Oops, try again. Make sure that the_hobbit's author is J.R.R. Tolkien by passing it as the first argument to the Book constructor.

Very grateful for you help my friend!

Edited by GratefulEnergy

Well, first complete the codeacademy lessons methinks.

Listen bud, the last thing I'm looking for is a futile back-and-forth with you online.  This is the description of the Forum "Developer Chat": General coding talk. Scripting, programming, C++, etc

My post certainly fits that criteria, as well as the fact that I was transparent and candid that this was Codeacademy content/lesson material with which I was "Stuck on"... so your prescription to "finish codeacademy" is that which I'm currently attempting to do, attempting to learn, attempting to understand and gain skills.  Please be kind enough to either help, or say nothing at all.

I'm just saying I have completed 28% of those JavaScript tutorials and it's pretty simple stuff. Learn to search for information, because no doubt your problem has been asked already.

Also if you think that last post wasn't me being kind, then you're going to have a huge wakeup call when you start asking on JavaScript related Forums.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I'm just saying I have completed 28% of those JavaScript tutorials and it's pretty simple stuff. Learn to search for information, because no doubt your problem has been asked already.

Also if you think that last post wasn't me being kind, then you're going to have a huge wakeup call when you start asking on JavaScript related Forums.

I actually searched the Q&A Forum and it was one of the few I couldn't locate in any way.  I ended up getting my issue solved on my own, but none the less, the point of this forum IS for such activity as which I engaged in... just sayin.  Congratulations BTW on your swift and easy success in the lessons, as I'm a father of 3 and run two companies and am doing these lessons in the evening, focus is sometimes lacking, and an explanation  goes a long way.  Stackoverflow seems to be a much more friendly environment than here anyways so I'm not too beat up over it, I'm just a huge proponent of positive energy and lifting others up, so excuse me if I personally hold higher standards for humanity than that.

Take care.

Congratulations BTW on your swift and easy success in the lessons

Oh cheers. I am pretty pleased with my progress too.

UDF List: