Sign in to follow this  
smellyfingers

Outlook 2013 window

smellyfingers

Hi, i've been trying to get text from active Outlook 2013 window to read the mailbody text but it seems i need to do it with com instead, but how do i create the object from the active window and only if it's an actual active window of a mail only then retrieve the text in the body?

Any pointers were to start even would be helpful

Thanx !

water

Use my OutlookEX UDF ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

smellyfingers

Yeah that would be cool if i knew how to connect to the active object still.

Like i know how to open the recent mail like this:

Global Const $InBox = 6

Global $outlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
Global $NameSpace = $outlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")

$InboxItems = $NameSpace.GetDefaultFolder($InBox).Items

;MsgBox(0,"",$InboxItems.Count)

Local $myFolder = $NameSpace.GetDefaultFolder($Inbox)
Local $myItem = $myFolder.Items($InboxItems.Count)

$myItem.Display

But if i allready have a mail open, how do i retrieve that info into a variable?

Edited by smellyfingers

water

I'm not in my office at the moment but I think you need the ActiveInspector method.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

smellyfingers

Ok, ill need to look into that, thanx :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• water
      By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook.
      Theads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2018-09-01)
      None
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I need to open the attachments from mails without downloading them. Is it possible using OutlookEx UDF ?
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members,
      I'm trying to get the attachments from mails using OutlookEx UDF and then save them in a particular location.
      The UDF considers even the signature images and other images in the mail body as attachments, and saves it in the folder I point. I want only the proper attachment documents to be saved.
      Requesting the guidance of the forum members.

Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members,
      I'm trying to move unread mails from Inbox to a different folder using OutlookEx UDF.
      But its not working for me. I'm not sure what mistake I do.
      I get the error code 6 when the following is executed. From the UDF it is observed that  "No or an invalid item has been specified".
      Note : The UDF version is 1.3.3.1. AutoIt version (v3.3.14.2).
      #include <OutlookEX.au3> Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open() If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Inbox", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject", "", 1) If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Could not find a task item in folder 'Outlook-UDF-Test\SourceFolder\Tasks'. @error = " & @error) _ArrayDisplay($aOL_Item, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script - Unread mails") _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test\TargetFolder\Mail") If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Error moving specified task. @error = " & @error) Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      Thanks and regards,
      Gowrisankar R.
    • cag8f
      By cag8f
      Hi all.  Does AutoIt have any functions/tools (either built-in or user defined) that can help me automate the process of exporting an OST mailbox to a PST file in Microsoft Outlook (2013)?
      I know how to carry out the process manually.  At the Microsoft Forums, I have asked if it is possible to do the same via a script, but some have said it is not possible.  It may be possible if I was using Microsoft Exchange, but I am not.
      I've seen some posts about an Outlook UDF on this site (here and here), but I don't see any mention of exporting a mailbox.  
      In my post at the Microsoft Forums, many paid third party applications were suggested.  But for now I would like to pursue the custom scripting route as far as I can.
      The ultimate goal of this exercise is to automatically create a weekly backup of my Outlook mailbox for offline storage.
      Thanks in advance.