Newbie Help - Reading excel data to populate webform

Hi all,

First of all please excuse my ignorance. I am very new to autoit and still very much trying to get the hang of it all.

If someone could possibly assist (or possibly point me in the right direction if this particular wheel has already been invented!) that would be awesome.

What I am after is to develop a script that can extract data out of columns in excel and use this data to populate a webform. As the webform is a workplace database I cannot provide much detail and will likely need to figure that bit out myself, however if I could get some help on setting up a script that can read/extract data out of excel and the basics on inserting that data onto a webform, that would be great.

If some additional details help, please feel free to ask and I will try and provide what I can. I would need the script to loop, as each row of data would relate to a new 'matter' in this database. The data will generally be in two columns in the spreadsheet, however the option for more columns would be great in case it is needed down the track.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with this. Much appreciated!

The latest beta comes with the most current version of the rewritten Excel UDF. Either use the _Excel_RangeRead function or wait for an event that is triggered when a user enters some data into a cell.

To populate a web form depends on the browser you use. UDFs are available for IE, FF at least.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki