Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rickname

How to Find if Link is HTTP or other protocol ?

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

So lets say I have the link : "autoitscript.com/forum/"

How can I find if its HTTP or HTTPS secured or maybe other protocol ? I would prefer via the _IE UDFs if possible... :sweating:

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Rickname

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Yes, but this gives all the links which some are HTTP and others are HTTPS. How can I find the state for my specific link ?

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Check if the fifth letter is an s.

Is this a real question.

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Snips & Scripts

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

:) This method doesn't work as I said, if you try this example, I mean with the "autoitscript.com" link, this link WON'T APPEAR in the listed links ! So even if I search for it, it will find nothing !  :

; Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
; loop through items and display the associated link URL references

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate( "autoitscript.com" )
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Ok so I open hidden IE window running the stub link, and I will read the address bar with the AutoIt methods... seems it would do the job..

But I can't also find if its http or https from the source code of the page ?

Use the .protocol object method on the internet explorer object created in your hidden IE window. Just like you got the .href you want the protocol of the object.

Snips & Scripts

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

Ok my mistake if I wasn't explicit enough >_<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Tell me, please, who knows why the function does not work with the specified site? _INetGetSource ("https://residence.biz.ua/")
      It is necessary to work with the protocol https. What is the problem?
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone
      I'm working on a little project, and, I encountered a little strange error when I try to add some data to an array...
      The code I wrote is this:
      Func _WMI_Get_Win32_TemperatureProbe($blnCanUseWMI, $blnCustomArrayDisplay = False, $blnReturnEU = False) If $blnCanUseWMI Then Local $objWMI_QueryResult = $objWMI.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_TemperatureProbe", "WQL", 32) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error executing the query on Win32_TemperatureProbe class.", @error, 9999) Else Local $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe[1][3] _ArrayDelete($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, 0) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error deleting the 0st element $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) Else Local $objWMI_Variable = Null, $strWMI_QueryResult = "", $i = 0 For $objWMI_Variable In $objWMI_QueryResult $strWMI_QueryResult &= "QUERY RESULT" & "|# " & $i & "|/" & @CRLF & _ "Accuracy" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Accuracy & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Availability" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Availability & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "Caption" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Caption & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "ConfigManagerErrorCode" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ConfigManagerErrorCode & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "ConfigManagerUserConfig" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ConfigManagerUserConfig & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "CreationClassName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.CreationClassName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "CurrentReading" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.CurrentReading & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Description" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Description & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "DeviceID" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.DeviceID & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "ErrorCleared" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ErrorCleared & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "ErrorDescription" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.ErrorDescription & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "InstallDate" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.InstallDate & "|" & "[datetime]" & @CRLF & _ "IsLinear" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.IsLinear & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "LastErrorCode" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LastErrorCode & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdFatal" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdFatal & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "LowerThresholdNonCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.LowerThresholdNonCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "MaxReadable" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.MaxReadable & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "MinReadable" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.MinReadable & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Name" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Name & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "NominalReading" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NominalReading & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "NormalMax" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NormalMax & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "NormalMin" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.NormalMin & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "PNPDeviceID" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PNPDeviceID & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "PowerManagementCapabilities" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PowerManagementCapabilities & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "PowerManagementSupported" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.PowerManagementSupported & "|" & "[boolean]" & @CRLF & _ "Resolution" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Resolution & "|" & "[uint32]" & @CRLF & _ "Status" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Status & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "StatusInfo" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.StatusInfo & "|" & "[uint16]" & @CRLF & _ "SystemCreationClassName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.SystemCreationClassName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "SystemName" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.SystemName & "|" & "[string]" & @CRLF & _ "Tolerance" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.Tolerance & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdFatal" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdFatal & "|" & "[sint32]" & @CRLF & _ "UpperThresholdNonCritical" & "|" & $objWMI_Variable.UpperThresholdNonCritical & "|" & "[sint32]" $i+=1 Next ConsoleWrite($strWMI_QueryResult & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, $strWMI_QueryResult) ; I'll wait for an answer... See you later :) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error inserting item #" & $i & " in the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) Else If $blnCustomArrayDisplay Then _ArrayDisplay($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, "Win32_TemperatureProbe:", "", 64 + 32 + 4, "|", "VARIABLE NAME|ACTUAL VALUE|ENGINEERING UNIT", 350, 0xD3D3D3) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error displaying the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.", @error, 9999) EndIf EndIf If $blnReturnEU = False Then _ArrayColDelete($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe, 2) If @error Then __ConsoleWrite("Error deleting the column #2 of $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array.") EndIf EndIf If IsArray($arrWin32_TemperatureProbe) Then Return $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe Else Return False EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndIf EndFunc And I get this error ( undocumented in the Help File on _ArrayAdd() function ):
      [15/09/2017 10:24:46] : Error inserting item #4 in the $arrWin32_TemperatureProbe array. > Error: 0 Adding a ConsoleWrite() before the _ArrayAdd() function, I can see the content of $strWMI_QueryResult, and, here it is:
      QUERY RESULT|# 0|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      Caption|Sensore numerico|[string]
      ConfigManagerErrorCode||[uint32]
      ConfigManagerUserConfig||[boolean]
      CreationClassName|Win32_TemperatureProbe|[string]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|CPU Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 0|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      ErrorDescription||[string]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      LowerThresholdCritical||[sint32]
      LowerThresholdFatal||[sint32]
      LowerThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]
      MaxReadable|1270|[sint32]
      MinReadable|64266|[sint32]
      Name|Sensore numerico|[string]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      PowerManagementCapabilities||[uint16]
      PowerManagementSupported||[boolean]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      SystemCreationClassName|Win32_ComputerSystem|[string]
      SystemName|DESKTOP-25LFPVU|[string]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdCritical||[sint32]
      UpperThresholdFatal||[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 1|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|True Ambient Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 1|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 2|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|Memory Module Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 2|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]QUERY RESULT|# 3|/
      Accuracy|32768|[sint32]
      Availability||[uint16]
      CurrentReading||[sint32]
      Description|Video Card Thermal Probe|[string]
      DeviceID|root\cimv2 3|[string]
      ErrorCleared||[boolean]
      InstallDate||[datetime]
      IsLinear||[boolean]
      LastErrorCode||[uint32]
      NominalReading||[sint32]
      NormalMax||[sint32]
      NormalMin||[sint32]
      PNPDeviceID||[string]
      Resolution|1000|[uint32]
      Status|Unknown|[string]
      StatusInfo||[uint16]
      Tolerance|32768|[sint32]
      UpperThresholdNonCritical||[sint32]

Could please anyone help me out? 
      Thanks in advance
      Francesco
    • Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings,
      I want use WinHttpRequest to access a OpenShift API server, it use a self signed certificate.
      Does now work...
      I never try with a self signed certificate, how do this?
      Best regards
      Global $oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1") $oHTTP.Open("GET", "https://openshift.domain:1234/api/", False) $oHttp.Option(4) = 0x0100 + 0x0200 + 0x1000 + 0x2000 $oHTTP.Option(9) = 0x0080 ;WinHttpRequestOption_SecureProtocols ;~ $oHttp.SetClientCertificate("LOCAL_MACHINE\\Personal\\certificado.crt") $oHttp.Send() $oHttp.WaitForResponse() Local $oAllHeaders = $oHttp.GetAllResponseHeaders() $oReceived = $oHttp.ResponseText $oStatusCode = $oHttp.Status $oHttp = 0 If $oStatusCode = 200 Then ConsoleWrite("$oAllHeaders--------------------" & @LF & $oAllHeaders & "$oAllHeaders--------------------" & @LF) Else ConsoleWrite("< error = " & $oReceived & @LF & $oAllHeaders & @LF) EndIf  
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I recently opened a bug report without reading the Helpfile... My bad . After @Melba23's gentle reminder, I was curious about why it was like that.
      It is about SetError's behaviour. This is the example from the bug report:
      Example() If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error" & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("No Error" & @CRLF) EndIf Func Example() SetError(1) Sleep(1000) EndFunc What I tried to do is set Example's (my user defined function's) @error value to 1... but the value set by SetError is cleared after calling a function, I wonder why? Why should calling to an external function effect my function's @error which is set when my function returns.
      Setting the error of a UDF in advance by using SetError makes sense... but I cannot find a reason why calling a function should clear it? Please note that I am not talking about @error, I am talking about the @error set by my function when it ends/returns!
      I hope someone can enlighten me, thanks for the answers in advance!
      P.S I tried to explain my best but my English is not very good and I didn't feel like I did a good job explaining today, so please pardon any mistakes that I have made
    • Dante_t
      By Dante_t
      Hi Guys, I need help. I have searched the forum before posting and i couldn't find anything. The code below works fine when downloading files from "http" sites, but when trying to download from "https" sites, no files are downloaded. I tried different sites and I experience the same problem everywhere. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? Please note that I'm not a programmer and I'm new to this. I'm just using logic wherever i can to get things done. your help will be highly appreciated.

#include <InetConstants.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
      ; Download a file in the background.
      ; Wait for the download to complete.

Example()
      Func Example()
          ; Save the downloaded file to the temporary folder.
          Local $sFilePath = "d:\"
          ; Download the file in the background with the selected option of 'force a reload from the remote site.'
          Local $hDownload = InetGet("https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS#/media/File:Internet2.jpg", $sFilePath& "Internet2.jpg", $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND)
          ; Wait for the download to complete by monitoring when the 2nd index value of InetGetInfo returns True.
          Do
              Sleep(250)
          Until InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADCOMPLETE)
          ; Retrieve the number of total bytes received and the filesize.
          Local $iBytesSize = InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADREAD)
          Local $iFileSize = FileGetSize($sFilePath&"Internet2.jpg")
          ; Close the handle returned by InetGet.
          InetClose($hDownload)
          ; Display details about the total number of bytes read and the filesize.
          MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "The total download size: " & $iBytesSize & @CRLF & _
                  "The total filesize: " & $iFileSize)
          ; Delete the file.
          ;FileDelete($sFilePath)
      EndFunc   ;==>Example