Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

How to Find if Link is HTTP or other protocol ?

Rickname

So lets say I have the link : "autoitscript.com/forum/"

How can I find if its HTTP or HTTPS secured or maybe other protocol ? I would prefer via the _IE UDFs if possible... :sweating:

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Rickname

MikahS

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Rickname

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Yes, but this gives all the links which some are HTTP and others are HTTPS. How can I find the state for my specific link ?

MikahS

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Rickname

Check if the fifth letter is an s.

Is this a real question.

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

MikahS

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Snips & Scripts

Rickname

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

:) This method doesn't work as I said, if you try this example, I mean with the "autoitscript.com" link, this link WON'T APPEAR in the listed links ! So even if I search for it, it will find nothing !  :

; Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
; loop through items and display the associated link URL references

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate( "autoitscript.com" )
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

JohnOne

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Rickname

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Ok so I open hidden IE window running the stub link, and I will read the address bar with the AutoIt methods... seems it would do the job..

But I can't also find if its http or https from the source code of the page ?

MikahS

Use the .protocol object method on the internet explorer object created in your hidden IE window. Just like you got the .href you want the protocol of the object.

Snips & Scripts

Rickname

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

Ok my mistake if I wasn't explicit enough >_<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ScriptJunky
      By ScriptJunky
      I noticed a lack of a constants file for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() so I made this for anyone who wants to add it to their library. Enjoy!  (file attached below)
      #include-once ; #INDEX# ======================================================================================================================= ; Title .........: WinAPI GetSystemMetrics Constants ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5 ; Language ......: English ; Description ...: Constants for _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics(). ; Author(s) .....: ScriptJunky ; =============================================================================================================================== ; #CONSTANTS# =================================================================================================================== ; _WinAPI_GetSystemMetrics() Global Const $ARRANGE = 56 Global Const $CLEANBOOT = 67 Global Const $CMONITORS = 80 Global Const $CMOUSEBUTTONS = 43 Global Const $CONVERTIBLESLATEMODE = 0x2003 Global Const $CXBORDER = 5 Global Const $CXCURSOR = 13 Global Const $CXDLGFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXDOUBLECLK = 36 Global Const $CXDRAG = 68 Global Const $CXEDGE = 45 Global Const $CXFIXEDFRAME = 7 Global Const $CXFOCUSBORDER = 83 Global Const $CXFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXFULLSCREEN = 16 Global Const $CXHSCROLL = 21 Global Const $CXHTHUMB = 10 Global Const $CXICON = 11 Global Const $CXICONSPACING = 38 Global Const $CXMAXIMIZED = 61 Global Const $CXMAXTRACK = 59 Global Const $CXMENUCHECK = 71 Global Const $CXMENUSIZE = 54 Global Const $CXMIN = 28 Global Const $CXMINIMIZED = 57 Global Const $CXMINSPACING = 47 Global Const $CXMINTRACK = 34 Global Const $CXPADDEDBORDER = 92 Global Const $CXSCREEN = 0 Global Const $CXSIZE = 30 Global Const $CXSIZEFRAME = 32 Global Const $CXSMICON = 49 Global Const $CXSMSIZE = 52 Global Const $CXVIRTUALSCREEN = 78 Global Const $CXVSCROLL = 2 Global Const $CYBORDER = 6 Global Const $CYCAPTION = 4 Global Const $CYCURSOR = 14 Global Const $CYDLGFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYDOUBLECLK = 37 Global Const $CYDRAG = 69 Global Const $CYEDGE = 46 Global Const $CYFIXEDFRAME = 8 Global Const $CYFOCUSBORDER = 84 Global Const $CYFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYFULLSCREEN = 17 Global Const $CYHSCROLL = 3 Global Const $CYICON = 12 Global Const $CYICONSPACING = 39 Global Const $CYKANJIWINDOW = 18 Global Const $CYMAXIMIZED = 62 Global Const $CYMAXTRACK = 60 Global Const $CYMENU = 15 Global Const $CYMENUCHECK = 72 Global Const $CYMENUSIZE = 55 Global Const $CYMIN = 29 Global Const $CYMINIMIZED = 58 Global Const $CYMINSPACING = 48 Global Const $CYMINTRACK = 35 Global Const $CYSCREEN = 1 Global Const $CYSIZE = 31 Global Const $CYSIZEFRAME = 33 Global Const $CYSMCAPTION = 51 Global Const $CYSMICON = 50 Global Const $CYSMSIZE = 53 Global Const $CYVIRTUALSCREEN = 79 Global Const $CYVSCROLL = 20 Global Const $CYVTHUMB = 9 Global Const $DBCSENABLED = 42 Global Const $DEBUG = 22 Global Const $DIGITIZER = 94 Global Const $IMMENABLED = 82 Global Const $MAXIMUMTOUCHES = 95 Global Const $MEDIACENTER = 87 Global Const $MENUDROPALIGNMENT = 40 Global Const $MIDEASTENABLED = 74 Global Const $MOUSEPRESENT = 19 Global Const $MOUSEHORIZONTALWHEELPRESENT = 91 Global Const $MOUSEWHEELPRESENT = 75 Global Const $NETWORK = 63 Global Const $PENWINDOWS = 41 Global Const $REMOTECONTROL = 0x2001 Global Const $REMOTESESSION = 0x1000 Global Const $SAMEDISPLAYFORMAT = 81 Global Const $SECURE = 44 Global Const $SERVERR = 289 Global Const $SHOWSOUNDS = 70 Global Const $SHUTTINGDOWN = 0x2000 Global Const $SLOWMACHINE = 73 Global Const $STARTER = 88 Global Const $SWAPBUTTON = 23 Global Const $TABLETPC = 86 Global Const $XVIRTUALSCREEN = 76 Global Const $YVIRTUALSCREEN = 77  
      WinAPISystemMetricsConstants.au3
    • rcmaehl
      By rcmaehl
      A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

Notes:
      Fixes WinGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
      Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
      _WinGetClassList
      _WinGetClassNNList
      _WindowGetHandleList
      _WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
      WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:
      10/04/2016 (v0.4): _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY _WinGetClassNNList Fixed : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY 10/03/2016 (v0.3): _WinGetClassList Added : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array _WinGetClassNNList Added : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags _WindowGetHandleList Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING! _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING! 10/01/2016 (v0.2): WindowsExConstants.au3 Added : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well. 10/01/2016 (v0.1): _WindowGetHandleList Added : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window. _WindowGetHandleListFromPos Added : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window. Known and Reported Bugs:
      None reported To Do:
      To Be Decided. Opinions welcome! Upcoming Changes:
      To Be Decided.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning everyone

I was playing a little bit with "Screen Capture" UDF, and I was trying to make a "Window" capture, but, since I made a GUI which through I fire the event "Capture", my GUI is captured as well, and I don't want to
      This is the line of code that makes the capture:

_ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($strScreenCaptureFileName, $objActiveWindow, 0, 0, -1, -1, False) And these are the lines of code which select the "active" window:

Local $objCurrentWindow = 9999 If _IsPressed("01") Then $objCurrentWindow = WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]") If $objCurrentWindow <> $objMyGUI Then $objActiveWindow = $objCurrentWindow EndIf EndIf Sorry If I made stupid mistakes
      Thanks in advance.

Francesco
    • kcvinu
      By kcvinu
      Hi all,
      I am playing with _GUICtrlButton_Create function. How can i change this button's (or the entire form's) font ?. The in-built GUICtrlSetFont function is not working even when i convert the control handle to control ID with _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID ( ) function.  Do i need to use CreateFont api finction and send WM_SETFONT message ? Or is there any other easy and safe ways to do this ?. Thanks in advance.
      Note : This window is created by CreateWindowEx function, not by GUICreate function. 
      By 31290
      Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine
      Well, I'm currently writing a small script that goes to a certain web page, finds the first link of a specified section and download the file associated to this link.
      Depending on the computer that the tool is launched, the script gets the computer model and search in the (provided here) ini file which link to follow.
      At first, Dell was kind enough to provide only one link but now, they provide two of them. The first one is now a .txt file (  ) whereas my script has been designed to download only the fist and latest link released for the BIOS Update.

Here's the current code which is working with only the first and latest link of the BIOS category:
      So the question is: 
      In the case of double links like shown in the picture above, how it is possible to tell the script to download only the link containing an the .exe file?
      Of course, I could have changed the array result to [1] instead of [0] [which is working] but it seems that Dell does that randomly and that I deal with a lot of computer models.
      Thanks for the help you can provide, 
      -31290-

SEE_BIOS_LINKS.ini