Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

How to Find if Link is HTTP or other protocol ?

Rickname

So lets say I have the link : "autoitscript.com/forum/"

How can I find if its HTTP or HTTPS secured or maybe other protocol ? I would prefer via the _IE UDFs if possible... :sweating:

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Rickname

MikahS

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Rickname

You can use _IELinkGetCollection to get all the links on a page. This example on the helpfile shows how to get the link out of the object. From their you can parse it and check whether it is HTTP or HTTPS. :)

Yes, but this gives all the links which some are HTTP and others are HTTPS. How can I find the state for my specific link ?

MikahS

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Rickname

Check if the fifth letter is an s.

Is this a real question.

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

MikahS

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Snips & Scripts

Rickname

Find the specific link in that collection, then put the string into a variable. You can use StringReplace or StringInStr to do this, then take the whole path and parse out the HTTP or HTTPS. I would first search for HTTPS then HTTP as searching for HTTP and if it is 'HTTPS' it will find it, so searching for the HTTPS would be best.

:) This method doesn't work as I said, if you try this example, I mean with the "autoitscript.com" link, this link WON'T APPEAR in the listed links ! So even if I search for it, it will find nothing !  :

; Open browser with basic example, get link collection,
; loop through items and display the associated link URL references

#include <IE.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate( "autoitscript.com" )
Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumLinks = @extended

Local $sTxt = $iNumLinks & " links found" & @CRLF & @CRLF
For $oLink In $oLinks
    $sTxt &= $oLink.href & @CRLF
Next
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Link Info", $sTxt)

JohnOne

Omg dude, Ive said I don't have the FULL link, only the stub of it ! :ermm:

If I would had the FULL link ofcourse I wouldn't ask this, pls read carefully o:)

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Rickname

_IENavigate using a hidden external window and get the address from that, close the window, parse the string for the HTTPS or HTTP. :)

Ok so I open hidden IE window running the stub link, and I will read the address bar with the AutoIt methods... seems it would do the job..

But I can't also find if its http or https from the source code of the page ?

MikahS

Use the .protocol object method on the internet explorer object created in your hidden IE window. Just like you got the .href you want the protocol of the object.

Snips & Scripts

Rickname

What you say in your own head is no good to the forum.

Ok my mistake if I wasn't explicit enough >_<

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, for a script of mine, I wish to keep a time frame on till how the program will work.. basically, I want the program to read the date and if the read date < 'a particular date', the program continues, else it exit. I don't want to read the time from the computer as the program can be fooled by resetting the pc time. is there a way to read time from internet - so that the user cannot fool the program by date reset? thanks
    • xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,
      as a start in Autoit i tried something i was missing since im using Autoit. 

I build a custom MessageBox which has a large amount of custom options and which scales its size on the parameters you set. 

Aviable Settings:
      -Title
      -Unlimited Buttons
      -Text Color (Buttons, Text)

-Background Color (Msgbox, Buttons, Label) 

-Button Timeout
      -Autoclose Timeout
      -Icon (Default, No Icon, Custom)

-Label/ Button Style. 
      -Transparency

I tried to keep this as close as i could to a Msgbox i was used too on my batch times.

After i was ready i realised, @Melba23 probably build a way better msgbox which would have suit my needs enterly, anyway thanks to @Melba23 because i use his Stringsize UDF. 

local $Message = _sMsgBox("Test", 6, "Continue?") if @extended <> -1 Then MsgBox(0, @extended, $Message&" Button pressed")  
      ScalingMessageBox.au3
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members, 
      I am working on a project where, emails from outlook are to be read and moved to various folders within the mailbox, based on the content of the emails.
      I used the below code for moving mails. It works fine when I run it against individual mail ids. But when I run it on Shared mailbox, the mails are not moved to respective folders.
      _OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $sEntryId, Default, $sDestinationFolder) The value of $sEntryId is saved in an excel report initially. The current process reads the $sEntryId from the excel and passes it to "_OL_ItemMove" statement.
      Requesting the guidance of the forum members in this issue.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am working with Word UDF ( thanks @water! ), and, especially, with the function _Word_DocFindReplace().
      The replace does work everywhere in the document, but, it does not work in Headers or Footers.
      Am I missing something or am I forced to use the code below?
      I have already looked in the Help file ( about _Word_DocFindReplace() ), but there are no mentions about replace text in Headers/Footers.
      Sub FindAndReplaceFirstStoryOfEachType() Dim rngStory As Range For Each rngStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges With rngStory.Find .Text = "find text" .Replacement.Text = "I'm found .Wrap = wdFindContinue .Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll End With Next rngStory End Sub Thanks everyone in advance

Best Regards.
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      I'm trying to get data from http://poe.trade/ - disclaimer, although this site is about a game, my script will not in any way interact directly with the game in any way. The script is just to get data from the site.
      To explain how it works - you submit a POST request and a custom URL is returned, then you do a GET request on that URL and you get the final URL you want.

First issue:
      Now, I've tried doing so by using https://apitester.com/ and the first phase works. Here's how it looks like at APITester:
      Request Headers POST /search HTTP/1.1 Host: poe.trade Accept: */* User-Agent: Rigor API Tester Content-Length: 43 Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Request Body online=x&name=kaom%27s%20heart&league=incursion When I submit this, the response I get is this:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <title>Redirecting...</title> <h1>Redirecting...</h1> <p>You should be redirected automatically to target URL: <a href="http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme">http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme</a>. If not click the link. So I then do a GET request for 'http://poe.trade/search/ioritewoteteme', which results in this response:
      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"> <title>Redirecting...</title> <h1>Redirecting...</h1> <p>You should be redirected automatically to target URL: <a href="http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito">http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito</a>. If not click the link. Great, this link (http://poe.trade/search/inamotezuakito) is exactly what we want.
      However, when I try to do the same in autoit, the result is quite different:
      Global Const $HTTP_STATUS_OK = 200 $test = HttpPost("http://poe.trade/search", "/online=x&name=kaom%27s%20heart&league=incursion") ClipPut($test) MsgBox(1, "", $test) Func HttpPost($sURL, $sData = "") Local $oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") $oHTTP.Open("POST", $sURL, False) If (@error) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Host", "poe.trade") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "Rigor API Tester") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Accept", "*/*") $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded") $oHTTP.Send($sData) If (@error) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) If ($oHTTP.Status <> $HTTP_STATUS_OK) Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) Return SetError(0, 0, $oHTTP.ResponseText) EndFunc The code above returns: ' 謟 '
      Any ideas as to what I am doing incorrectly?

Second issue:
      Once I get the final link using APITester and do a GET on that i get a bunch of hieroglyphs. A friend of mine advised that the data is GZiped, which is a pain in the butt to be honest. However, apparently curl can uncompres that.
      How would I go about it?

Thanks