Sign in to follow this  
Jfish

Get all HMTL elements with same ID - not in table

Jfish

I apologize for the simplicity of this question - I don't know much about HTML elements and I did a search on the forum first.

I just started using the _IETableWriteToArray function in some of my project and I love it because it allows me to easily grab lists and stuff them in an array.  Now I am trying to do the same thing with some HTML that does not use tables.  However, the HTML IDs for the sections containing the data I want to read repeat themselves throughout.  Example (where "foobar" is repeated throughout):

<div id="foobar" style="width: 440px; float: left; padding-left: 10px">DATA<br>MORE DATA<br>MAORE DATA<br>MORE DATA</div>

I know that I can refer to a given element like this:

Local $element = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "foobar")

However, I am wondering what is the best way to grab the values of all the same ID elements and get them into an array? Any guidance would be appreciated.

JFish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Chimp

.... maybe using the InnerHTML property

Local $element = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "foobar")
Local $sText = $element.InnerHTML

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Jfish

@Chimp -

Thanks, that does help a lot.  It brings back everything including all tags etc but I can parse a lot of that out.  I recently saw a post where someone was using jquery and au3.  They did something like this:

$testValue= $oIE.document.parentWindow.jQuery('#objectID').val()

I don't know much about jquery but I believe that would probably eliminate the need to whittle down the innerhtml that comes back.  Are you familiar with that approach?  Could that be used to get a collection of the values that I am after while ignoring the html? 

EDIT: I also noticed that the :

$element.InnerHTML

Only seems to work for the first element with that ID.  If there is more than one the others seem to be ignored.  Any ideas on that?

Edited  by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Chimp

@Chimp -

Thanks, that does help a lot.  It brings back everything including all tags etc but I can parse a lot of that out.  I recently saw a post where someone was using jquery and au3.  They did something like this:

$testValue= $oIE.document.parentWindow.jQuery('#objectID').val()

I don't know much about jquery but I believe that would probably eliminate the need to whittle down the innerhtml that comes back.  Are you familiar with that approach?  Could that be used to get a collection of the values that I am after while ignoring the html? 

.. not familiar with jQuery

you could also try with the InnerText property,

EDIT: I also noticed that the :

$element.InnerHTML

Only seems to work for the first element with that ID.  If there is more than one the others seem to be ignored.  Any ideas on that?

In an HTML page there should be only one element with a specific ID, in fact a specific ID can be assigned to only a single element

If you see more elements with the same ID maybe is because you are in presence of "frames", that is like if you have more pages in the same page, so, if you want to refer to elements of different pages (frames), you need to get references to single frames first.

have a look to >this link for an "authoritative" explanation :)

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Seminko
      By Seminko
      Is there a way to grab non-hardcoded but rather javascript generated data from a webpage?
      Tried a get request as well as _IEBodyReadHTML but both seem to grab the code without the javascript generated data.
      $oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1") $oHTTP.Open("GET", "link", False) $oHTTP.Send() $oReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText $oStatusCode = $oHTTP.Status Global $DataArray[10][5] If $oStatusCode <> 200 Then Exit MsgBox(1, "Error", "Status Code <> 200") EndIf FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\output.txt", $oReceived) ; //////// #include <IE.au3> Local $FullLink = "link" Local $oIE = _IECreate($FullLink, 0, 0) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE) FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\output.txt", $sText)  
    • FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      I try to get all the text from a news site around a subject.
      The first run I get all the text inside a attribute in an array.
      When i try to go back and reload another page it chrashes and think it because "$oIE.GoBack"
      I couldn't find anything in the help/forum around this subject.
      Do I need to reload the $oIE or something afther an X.GoBack?
      The error i got is :
      if $oTag2.GetAttribute("class") == "NewsDetail" Then if $oTag2^ ERROR I'm not shure why I got this error, maybe someone could explain?
      Also I'm open for some pointers in this test script because I'm pretty new in working whit the IE.UDF
      Maybe there is an simpler way to get the same results?

test script:
      #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") Global $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.iex.nl/Zoeken/Nieuws.aspx?q=air%20france") ;get first subject Global $oLink1 = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ctl00_ctl00_Content_LeftContent_NewsSearch_repNews_ctl00_linkNews") Sleep(500) _IEAction($oLink1, "click") Sleep(500) Global $oTags = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") Global $aResults[1] For $oTag In $oTags if $oTag.GetAttribute("class") == "NewsDetail" Then _ArrayAdd($aResults, $oTag.innerTEXT) EndIf Next $aResults[0] = UBound($aResults) - 1 _ArrayDisplay($aResults, "Episodelist") ConsoleWrite($aResults[1] & @CRLF) $oIE.GoBack ;get second subject Global $oLink2 = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "ctl00_ctl00_Content_LeftContent_NewsSearch_repNews_ctl01_linkNews") Sleep(500) _IEAction($oLink2, "click") Sleep(500) Local $oTags2 = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "div") Local $aResults2[1] For $oTag2 In $oTags2 if $oTag2.GetAttribute("class") == "NewsDetail" Then _ArrayAdd($aResults2, $oTag2.innerTEXT) EndIf Next $aResults2[0] = UBound($aResults2) - 1 ConsoleWrite($aResults2[1] & @CRLF) Func Terminate() _IEQuit($oIE) Exit EndFunc ;==>Terminate  
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am having a hard time understanding why this is not working. I was hoping some one could help explain it to me. 
      $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("input") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" Then $target = $tag ExitLoop EndIF Next MsgBox(0,"",$target) If $target = "fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl" THEN MsgBox(0,"","itworked") I have tried 
       MsgBox(0,"",$target.Attribute)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.Value)  MsgBox(0,"",$target.InnerText) I would expect to see this in the msgbox
      fTs-p3298-l0 wplEditControl  
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to grab the id "in2xk_26" however it the characters before the underscore always change. (in the name too)
      Is there a way I can find a id or name by the last 3 charcters?
      Using something like "stringright?"
      So I would want to search for just "_26" in this case.
      This is assuming that there are no other _26

#include <Excel.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Global $iMousespeed = 25,$target = "",$TagName = "",$Value = "",$Atrribute = "" $oIE = _IEAttach("MEDITECH") $TagName = "input" $Value = "in2xk_26" $Attribute = "id" $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName($TagName) ;TagName ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute($Attribute) ;Attribute ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE If string($class_value) = $Value Then ;Value ------ MAKE SURE TO NAME THESE $target = $tag $iScreenX = _IEPropertyGet($target, "screenx") $iScreenY = _IEPropertyGet($target, "screeny") $iWidth = _IEPropertyGet($target, "width") $iHeight = _IEPropertyGet($target, "height") $oMouseCords = MouseMove($iScreenX + $iWidth / 2, $iScreenY + $iHeight / 2, $iMousespeed) MouseClick($MOUSE_CLICK_LEFT) ExitLoop EndIf Next  

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I was wondering how I read data inside of a iframe. I would like to be able to click something inside a iframe. However, I can't even find the tag. 
      The id and name change all the time so I can't use those. 
      The code highlighted in blue is what I am trying to click. (second picture)
      Here is what I have tried.
      $target = "" $tags = $oIE.document.GetElementsByTagName("div") For $tag in $tags $class_value = $tag.GetAttribute("class") If string($class_value) = "s_92 altstyle s_93 s_94" Then $target = $tag ConsoleWrite("Tag Found " & $target.outerText&@CRLF) ExitLoop EndIf Next