Xandy

Solved - Combo Clear Only Selection String

Xandy

Hi I'm struggling to clear the display text of of a GUI control combo selection string.

I would like to clear the selection like it is clear after it is populated, but not remove any items from the list.

Here is a small example.

#include <GuiComboBox.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; Create GUI
$hgui= guicreate("Clear ComboBox Edit Text", 320, 200)
$control_combo= guictrlcreatecombo("", 10, 10, 250, 20, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
$control_clear_button= guictrlcreatebutton("Reset Blank Combo Selection String", 10, 40, 200, 20)
guisetstate()
guictrlsetdata($control_combo, "a|b|c"); Populate Combo

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $control_clear_button
            guictrlsetdata($control_combo, ""); This clears the entire list frustrating me

case $gui_event_close
            exitloop
    endswitch;guigetmsg()
wend;main loop
Does anyone one know how I can reset the selection to "", clear, empty set?

I've tried SetEditText but doesn't work CBS_DROPDOWNLIST.

SOLVED:

Sorry I thought I had tried this: _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($control_combo, -1) is the solution.

Edited by Xandy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • ahha
      By ahha
      I'm using the excellent _Excel UDF to read a whole spreadsheet into an array I want to operate on.  I can read a specified range without a problem.  What I'd like to do is allow the user in Excel to select a range (contiguous is fine) and be able to read that range so that I know what range to operate on without having the user input the range via a keyboard.  I'm stuck and any hints greatly appreciated.  The code below uses the Helpfile .xls to illustrate where I crash.
      ; #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y ; use this to debug in console window <--- LOOK #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Debug.au3> ;for _DebugArrayDisplay $sExcelFullFileName = "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\Extras\_Excel1.xls" ;use Autoit test for example $oExcel = _Excel_Open() ;Create application object and open an Excel workbook $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sExcelFullFileName) $aExcelArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default) _DebugArrayDisplay($aExcelArray, $aExcelArray) ;let's look at it $aI5K6 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default,"I5:K6") ;read a rangeI5:K6 and return value _DebugArrayDisplay($aI5K6, $aI5K6) ;let's look at range it ;rather than defining the range explicity I'd like to read the selection in Excel and use it ;need a function like _Excel_SelectionRead ;try hacking Excel.au3 _Excel_RangeRead to see if can create _Excel_SelectionRead looks like .Selection .Value .Text and .Address possible MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Info", "Select cells in Excel then click OK") ;ACTUALLY get range of the selection and this will suffice for us to use on the $aExcelArray $vRange = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Selection.Address($vRange) ;tried all sorts of permutations and clearly I need help _DebugArrayDisplay($vRange, $vRange) ;let's look at range it ;$vResult = $oExcel.Transpose($vRange.Value) ;_DebugArrayDisplay($vResult, $vResult) ;let's look at range it _Excel_Close($oExcel, False, True) Exit  
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"
    • Rskm
      By Rskm
      Hi, I have the following line in a text file 'input.txt'. I know the line number - say '6'. I wish to replace the text 'WWW' in the below line with a random number (I can generate that with random()).
      WERIS  WWWJP   3.83  8.330  1.000                1097.RAXX 
      The WWW is a 3 digit integer (could be any number between 0 to 999), I can use stringtrimleft and get the numerical value of WWW in this file
      so, basically, I know the string to replace (ie; WWW stored in a variable), I know the line number to work on and the file location/name and the replacement variable (through random()). My requirement is to fill that 3 spaces with my random number (which Is a integer between 1 and 999)
      please put ur suggestions