Xandy

Solved - Combo Clear Only Selection String

1 post in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi I'm struggling to clear the display text of of a GUI control combo selection string.

I would like to clear the selection like it is clear after it is populated, but not remove any items from the list.

Here is a small example.

#include <GuiComboBox.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; Create GUI
$hgui= guicreate("Clear ComboBox Edit Text", 320, 200)
$control_combo= guictrlcreatecombo("", 10, 10, 250, 20, $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST)
$control_clear_button= guictrlcreatebutton("Reset Blank Combo Selection String", 10, 40, 200, 20)
guisetstate()
guictrlsetdata($control_combo, "a|b|c"); Populate Combo

while 1
    switch guigetmsg()
        case $control_clear_button
            guictrlsetdata($control_combo, ""); This clears the entire list frustrating me

case $gui_event_close
            exitloop
    endswitch;guigetmsg()
wend;main loop
Does anyone one know how I can reset the selection to "", clear, empty set?

I've tried SetEditText but doesn't work CBS_DROPDOWNLIST.

SOLVED:

Sorry I thought I had tried this: _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel($control_combo, -1) is the solution.

Edited by Xandy

I am not a lawyer.  (-_-) Xandy About  (^o^) Discord - Xandy Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc  
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i have a problem :" can't set the name of file with a special character like: \;/;";|;...  have anyway to short the StringInSrt and Stringreplace? i am using this code but too long
      $title=InputBox(0,'','','')
         if StringInStr($title,'\') or StringInStr($title,'/') or StringInStr($title,':') or StringInStr($title,'*') or StringInStr($title,'?') or StringInStr($title,'"') or StringInStr($title,'<') or StringInStr($title,'>') or StringInStr($title,'|') Then
             $title=StringReplace($title,'\','-')
              $title=StringReplace($title,'/','-')
               $title=StringReplace($title,':','-')
                $title=StringReplace($title,'*','-')
                 $title=StringReplace($title,'?','-')
                  $title=StringReplace($title,'"','-')
                   $title=StringReplace($title,'<','-')
                    $title=StringReplace($title,'>','-')
                     $title=StringReplace($title,'|','-')
         EndIf

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I need a random string generator which creates 15 letters/numbers.
      How can I make that?
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i have a question related to strings items in an Array and sorting. Maybe someone can advice me how to solve the issue.
      I have an Array of strings, every item of the Array is as following:
      INFO [13.06.2017 11:48:01] [Thread-13] [ConGenImpUsb -> waitForConnection]  INFO [07.06.2017 08:55:44] [main] MDU5 - Ver 5.1x I want to sort the item in the array by date and time, is there any function which allows me to sort by date/time?
      Thanks in advance