kcvinu

How to know if a button is clicked

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have searched this forum for a solution. But i couldn't find one. I have a third party application and it has a button. I need to start my script when that button is clicked. I have tried with "GUIGetMsg" function but didn't work. I have all the information about that program like window title and button handle etc. Please help.

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Example in F1 work fine!

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)
    Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 210, 170, 85, 25)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case -3
                Exit
            Case $idClose
                MsgBox(0,"","YouPess Close")
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Regards,

Hi  

Trong, i have already said that gui getmsg is not working for me. Because it is a third party app. not created by me. So how can i use GuiGetMsg ?

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Hi 

l3ill, i didn't get your point. 

My Contributions

Well, you are trying to run a script the second you push a button in a 3rd party software.

Which is proving to be a challenge.

My suggestion is to start your 3rd party program with your script.

Which can in turn push this button and any other functions you care to add.

Example:

I have a cubase (music mixing software) template that I start anytime I want to practice.

It needs 20-40 seconds to load and there are several pop ups that have to be clicked for it to continue loading.

I made a script that starts cubase with the practice template and continues running, watching for the pop ups and clicks on them as they appear.

Just a suggestion on a different way to proceed, may or may not be viable for your situation.

good luck !

Bill

1 person likes this

Hi 

l3ill, That's a good idea. I can wrap the 3rd party app inside my script. Thank you for this suggestion. But What about  my question ?. Is that an impossible task ?

My Contributions

I'm a idiot? Sorry I did not read carefully!

Regards,

Hi 

Trong, it's oke. No problem..

:)

My Contributions

_WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx for monitoring/interacting 3rd party applications.

1 person likes this

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hi 

SmOke_N, Thank you. Let me try. :)

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      I am clicking on a button on to submit o form UI.
      Problem is, the code working on windows 10,7, server 2012 r2 but not on windows server 2008.
      I checked the IDs also on that OS, they didn't change.
      Even the ControlClick is returning the status as success only but button is not getting clicked.
      But controlsettext on other fields are working.
      ;$MartConfigWindow is window object ControlClick($MartConfigWindow, "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]")  
    • lattey
      By lattey
      I used the window info tool to get what I've got below, but it just doesn't click the button. I run the script, nothing happens. 
      WinActivate("SELECTION") Sleep(200) ControlClick("SELECTION", "", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:2]") i think maybe the autoit cannot detect the windows. So what i do:

MouseClick( "", 503, 500) local $blanktitle = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") If StringInStr($blanktitle, "SELECTION") Then msgbox("","", "got") WinActivate($blanktitle) ControlClick($blanktitle, "", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:2]") Endif The script can detect the windows as the it is prompt "got" message. But it just doesn't click the button.
      Please help.
      Thanks for any help you can offer.
    • perlabsrat
      By perlabsrat
      Hello, I have a Logitech MX500 mouse, this has 7 buttons plus a wheel.
      I am trying to figure out how to detect clicks on three of the buttons on this mouse but have been unable to do so. I am not running any Logitech software just the standard Windows 7 driver. The buttons are all working fine but when I try to figure out which button was clicked unable to detect three of the buttons.

Using this code snippet I am able to see all the button presses with the exception of these three marked by '?'.
      Is there some alternate method for detecting button clicks? I have been searching for example but have yet to find anything.
      Thanks...

#include <Misc.au3> Dim $a While 1 For $a = 1 To 100 If _IsPressed($a) Then ConsoleWrite("you pressed " & $a & @CRLF) Next WEnd
    • Ubermensch
      By Ubermensch
      Hello,
      I am currently trying to automatically click the "Yes" button in the ActiveX prompt/popup message after opening the IE (html).
      At 1st, I encounter the "Allow Blocked Content". I already resolve it just by changing settings in the IE Options. But after resolving the "Allow Blocked Content", there's a popup message appear.
      I have attached the ActiveX Prompt.
      Here is the 1st code that I try to use.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> _IECreate("C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\sampleAWD10.html",0,1,0) Local $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) AdlibRegister("_ActiveXRun",250) Local $oLastName = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Text4") Local $oGetItem = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "getitem") _IEAction($oGetItem, "click") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Form Element Value", _IEFormElementGetValue($oGetItem)) Func _ActiveXRun() $retWin = WinGetHandle("[Class:Button]","") $winTitle = "[HANDLE:" & $retWin &"]" $ctrlHandle = ControlGetHandle($winTitle,"", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]") $ctrlTitle = "HANDLE:" & $ctrlHandle &"]" WinWaitActive($ctrlTitle,"[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]",10) $k = ControlGetPos($winTitle, "","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]") $x = $k[0] $y = $k[1] WinActivate ($winTitle,"An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?") ControlFocus($winTitle,"An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]") ControlClick($winTitle, "","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]","primary",1,$x,$y) ControlSend($winTitle, "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]", "{ENTER}", 0) EndFunc Here is the console output.
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\AWD10.1.au3" /UserParams +>12:44:11 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_10/ CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0409) CodePage:0 utf8.auto.check:4 +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\april\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\april\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\AWD10.1.au3 +>12:44:11 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\AWD10.1.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop "C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\AWD10.1.au3" (31) : ==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.: $x = $k[0] $x = $k^ ERROR ->12:44:24 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1 +>12:44:24 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 1 Time: 13.76 I also tried a simpler code.
      include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> _IECreate("C:\Users\april\Documents\Logo\JRB\AutoIt\AutoBOT\AWD10\sampleAWD10.html",0,1,0) Local $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", 1) _IELoadWait($oIE) $k = ControlGetPos("[CLASS:#32770]", "","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]") $x = $k[0] $y = $k[1] ControlClick("[CLASS:#32770]", "","[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2]","primary",1,$x,$y) Local $oLastName = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Text4") Local $oGetItem = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "getitem") _IEAction($oGetItem, "click") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Form Element Value", _IEFormElementGetValue($oGetItem)) There's no error in the console output for the 2nd code I have tried.
      And here is the Window Info for the ActiveX prompt.
      >>>> Window <<<< Title: Internet Explorer Class: #32770 Position: 580, 338 Size: 376, 146 Style: 0x94C808C4 ExStyle: 0x00010101 Handle: 0x00000000001516FA >>>> Control <<<< Class: Button Instance: 2 ClassnameNN: Button2 Name: Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2] ID: 1 Text: &Yes Position: 184, 77 Size: 80, 22 ControlClick Coords: 37, 12 Style: 0x50010000 ExStyle: 0x00000004 Handle: 0x00000000001215DE >>>> Mouse <<<< Position: 228, 120 Cursor ID: 0 Color: 0xFFFFFF >>>> StatusBar <<<< >>>> ToolsBar <<<< >>>> Visible Text <<<< &No An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction? &Yes >>>> Hidden Text <<<<  

• VeryGut
      By VeryGut
      I am unable to access an annyoing pop-up window an press the "No" button. So far I have tried a combination (including using coordinates etc.) of the following:
      ControlClick("[TITLE: Worksite; CLASS: #32770]", "&No", "[CLASS: Button2]")
      Doesnt seem to be working :C
      >>>> Window <<<< Title: WorkSite Class: #32770 Position: 786, 471 Size: 356, 162 Style: 0x94C801C5 ExStyle: 0x00010101 Handle: 0x00000000000209E2 >>>> Control <<<< Class: Button Instance: 2 ClassnameNN: Button2 Name: Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:2] ID: 7 Text: &No Position: 158, 96 Size: 88, 26 ControlClick Coords: 40, 11 Style: 0x50010000 ExStyle: 0x00000004 Handle: 0x000000000004075E >>>> Mouse <<<< Position: 987, 604 Cursor ID: 0 Color: 0x3687CE >>>> StatusBar <<<< >>>> ToolsBar <<<< >>>> Visible Text <<<< &Yes &No Cancel Do you want to save the changes you made to 'TEST.xls'? >>>> Hidden Text <<<<