kcvinu

How to know if a button is clicked

kcvinu

Hi all,

I have searched this forum for a solution. But i couldn't find one. I have a third party application and it has a button. I need to start my script when that button is clicked. I have tried with "GUIGetMsg" function but didn't work. I have all the information about that program like window title and button handle etc. Please help.

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

VIP

Example in F1 work fine!

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)
    Local $idClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 210, 170, 85, 25)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case -3
                Exit
            Case $idClose
                MsgBox(0,"","YouPess Close")
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Regards,

kcvinu

Hi  

Trong, i have already said that gui getmsg is not working for me. Because it is a third party app. not created by me. So how can i use GuiGetMsg ?

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

kcvinu

Hi 

l3ill, i didn't get your point. 

My Contributions

l3ill

Well, you are trying to run a script the second you push a button in a 3rd party software.

Which is proving to be a challenge.

My suggestion is to start your 3rd party program with your script.

Which can in turn push this button and any other functions you care to add.

Example:

I have a cubase (music mixing software) template that I start anytime I want to practice.

It needs 20-40 seconds to load and there are several pop ups that have to be clicked for it to continue loading.

I made a script that starts cubase with the practice template and continues running, watching for the pop ups and clicks on them as they appear.

Just a suggestion on a different way to proceed, may or may not be viable for your situation.

good luck !

Bill

• Like 1

kcvinu

Hi 

l3ill, That's a good idea. I can wrap the 3rd party app inside my script. Thank you for this suggestion. But What about  my question ?. Is that an impossible task ?

My Contributions

VIP

I'm a idiot? Sorry I did not read carefully!

Regards,

kcvinu

Hi 

Trong, it's oke. No problem..

:)

My Contributions

SmOke_N

_WinAPI_SetWindowsHookEx for monitoring/interacting 3rd party applications.

• Like 1

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

kcvinu

Hi 

SmOke_N, Thank you. Let me try. :)

My Contributions