Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
In this posting below you will find a script to get an Active Directory User's Group Memberships including nested Group Memberships:
quite a while ago I started this thread: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/193984-ad-member-of-group-in-group/
#include <AD.au3> _AD_Open() $user=_AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN("ASP") $group=_AD_SamAccountNameToFQDN("daten-Bestellung-QS_lesen") $result=_AD_IsMemberOf($group,$user,false,True) ; $Group is the 1st, $User the 2nd param ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $result = ' & $result & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console _AD_Close() this works fine, thanks for the help in the other thread.
Howto to get the "chain" of groups for nested group memberships?
In AD.AU3 I found the function _AD_RecursiveGetMemberOf(), which might be an approach, (get all the group content then sort out what's needed), just wondering if there is another function that I've overlooked, that directly would give me the "nested membership chain" *ONLY*?
It has been a long time since I posted, role changes etc involving work and I finally am back to modifying a program I write in AutoIt that has AD integration. I am at a point where we are modifying our structure where I am validating users access via what Distribution List they belong to in our AD OU's. What I have run into is the OU is a sub OU of a sub OU now. Meaning: CN=team, OU=DL, OU=Groups, DC=business.com(working), is now CN=Team, OU=SubDL, OU=DL, OU=Groups, DC=business.com (Not working). Just curious if the AD functionality should be able to read it or maybe I am missing something?
ElseIf _AD_IsMemberOf("CN=Team,OU=Distribution Lists,OU=Groups,DC=business,DC=com", $sFQDN_User) Then #works for primary Distro ElseIf _AD_IsMemberOf("CN=Team,OU=SubDL,OU=Distribution Lists,OU=Groups,DC=business,DC=com", $sFQDN_User) Then #fails for subOU of DL How I am accessing AD to get the information:
_AD_Open() Global $aUser = _AD_GetObjectsInOU("", "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(samaccountname=" & @UserName & "))", 2, "ADsPath,Displayname,distinguishedName") Global $sDisplayName0 = $aUser ; Displayname ;MsgBox(0,"", $sDisplayName0) If StringLeft($sDisplayName0, 2) = "9-" Then $Displaynamestring = StringTrimLeft($sDisplayName0, 2) $Displaynamestring1 = StringTrimRight($Displaynamestring, 6) The error code generated is a 1 with a 0 extended. I assume it is because it cannot find the SubOU.
Thanks for any assistance.