ivananonymous

Getting the average of an excel file? B2:B62 for example in AutoIT

ivananonymous

Hello,

I am fairly new to AutoIT so please bear with me. I just can't understand the _Excel functions and I have been spending hours to do this. So far, this is what I have done. I created an excel file using the typeperf.exe in windows to monitor its cpu usage with 60 samples in 5 sec interval. I managed to create an excel file and right now I need to average its results in which I am very unsuccessfulI understand that I first need to open the excel file if I already have one via _Excel_Open. e.g. _Excel_Open("C:\sample.csv). After that, what do i actually do? I've also seen 

_ExcelWriteCell

and I don't think it's the command I need.

Thanks,
Ivan

water

You need 

_Excel_Open to start up Excel or to comnect to a running instance  

You then need _Excel_BookOpen to open an existing workbook  

Then use _Excel_RangeWrite to write data to the open workbook. 

You will find examples for each command in the help file. 

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

ivananonymous

Thanks man that _Excel_RangeWrite was awesome :) 

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• yasha
      By yasha
      i want am trying to select a nimber to run a program and then select where to save the excel result at before hand
      the problem is that it does not save in the folder i want but the folder before any solutions
      #.................
      $sFolder = ""
          ; Create a constant variable in Local scope of the message to display in FileSelectFolder.
          Local Const $sMessage = "Select a folder"
          ; Display an open dialog to select a file.
          $sFileSelectFolder = FileSelectFolder($sMessage, $sFolder)
          If @error Then
              ; Display the error message.
              MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No folder was selected.")
          Else
              ; Display the selected folder.
              MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "You chose the following folder:" & @CRLF & $sFileSelectFolder)
          EndIf
      $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")                   ; Create an Excel Object
      $oExcel.Visible = 1                                        ; Let Excel show itself
      $oExcel.Workbooks.Open("J:\OPS\OPS_Share\Planners\2 - Weekly Reports\Auto download\"& $YY & $MM & $DD & " ORDER.xls",0)
      $oExcel.ActiveWorkbook.Saveas ( $sFileSelectFolder,""& $YY & $MM & $DD & " ORDER.xlsx", 1)
      $oExcel.ActiveWorkBook.Close
      $oExcel.Quit
      i only want to save it as ddmmyy order inside documents but it saves in libraries as documents ddmmyy order.
    • PiyushJhawar
      By PiyushJhawar
      I am part of QA team of an analytics application. We support third party tools like Excel , Tableue .
      I have to write automation script that connect Excel to our analytics application. In short i want below to automate
      > Open Excel
      > Click on "Data" option available in header and then click on "From Other Services " then click on "From Analysis Services"
      > It will open pop up and then need to write username password there.
      I am new in this tool . Can any one please provide me link of any document that help me to create above script
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How to use _Excel_RangeSort to sort my excel file by three different headers Column A1, B1, and C1 have headers on which I want to sort by. The headers on which I want to sort are department, employee type, and name.
      I still really new to AutoIt so I do not actually know how to properly start this line or lines of code, to be honest. The example code is the best I can do.
      _Excel_RangeSort($OpenWorkbook, Default, "A1:C1", "1:1", $xlDescending, Default, $xlYes, Default, $xlSortRows) I just need to sort by those three headers in that order of department, employee type, and name, plus in descending order.

any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      My program has to first search for names in Column D that do not match up with column C. I got that search to work using arrays. It was slow and I could not figure out how to delete them so I just manually put coded the names that do not belong. I found their cell location but I do not know how to store that location and delete it.
      This is what I have so far.
      Local $NameToDelete1[6]  = _Excel_RangeFind($OpenWorkbook, "Smith, Bill") _ArrayDisplay($NameToDelete1, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example 1", "", 0, "|", "Sheet|Name|Cell|Value|Formula|Comment") _Excel_RangeDelete($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $NameToDelete1[2], $xlShiftUp)  
      Please help, I wanted to have this program done yesterday but I did not see this problem until yesterday. 
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated.