Juvigy

Outlook 'resend' selected mail

Juvigy

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do a 'resend' of an email in outlook. I found some VBA that should do it , but it doesn't work;

$oOutlook = ObjCreate("Outlook.Application")
$myItem = $oOutlook.ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item(1)
$myItem.Display
$objItem = $oOutlook.ActiveExplorer.CommandBars.FindControl(Default,3165)
ConsoleWrite($objItem.Name &@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($objItem.Caption &@CRLF)
$objItem.Execute
MsgBox(0,"","")
$oOutlook =  0
Exit

I don't get any errors.

water

Why do you want tor resend an item? To the same recipient(s)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Juvigy

It is convenient - same recipients , same body , same subject , same attachments. For example a small change in the text is needed - resent and edit it easily and fast. Above script is reported to run ok on older versions but i have 2013 and it doesnt work on it.

water

I suggest to create a template from this mail and then call _OL_ItemCreate passing the template name. Do the needed changes and send the mail.
So no automation of the GUI is needed.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Juvigy

Templates are OK if frequently used , but for one/few times it is not. Resent mail is more useful as you cant have templates for everything.

water

What does

$myItem.Display()
$myItem.Send()
$oOutlook =  0
Exit

do?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

water

I haven't found a method to re-send a message using COM. Maybe that's the reason why the GUI is being automated.
I suggest to grab the mail temporally, save it as a template (filetype: oft), create a new item using this template, make the needed changes and send the mail. Then the temp template can be deleted.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Juvigy

Interesting - it sends the same message , but problem is you cant modify anything.
 Also it strangely does something - instead of having the email 2 times in the Sent folder - it moves the one from bellow to the top. The recipient receives is 2 times though.
 But i will test more.

@Edit : Strange- this works too:

$oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")
$myItem.Display
$myItem.subject = 'Test2'
$myItem.Send

It opens a sent email , modifies the subject to test2 and sends it. I though that was not possible :)

Edited by Juvigy

water

If this doesn't work as expected I suggest the approach from my previous post ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki