morganlove

Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites

3 posts in this topic

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

Hi.  did you ever get around this problem?  I'm facing it now.

thanks

On 22/09/2015 at 8:28 PM, morganlove said:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

According to the help file you need to provide userid/password in the URL:

To use a username and password when connecting simply prefix the servername with "username:password@", e.g.
"http://myuser:mypassword@www.somesite.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-02-03 - Version 1.4.7.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• taylansan
      By taylansan
      Hi All, 
      I have a question related to _IEFormElementOptionSelect in the reference file. This drop down contains three items; Homepage, Midipage, Freepage. 
      How can I get the name of these items? If I use .innertext, in another drop down list contains spaces, so I cannot split them. 
      ; Open a browser with the form example, get reference to form, get reference ; to select element, cycle 10 times selecting options byValue, byText and byIndex #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "ExampleForm") Local $oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "selectExample") _IEAction($oSelect, "focus") For $i = 1 To 10 _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "Freepage", 1, "byText") Sleep(10) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "midipage.html", 1, "byValue") Sleep(10) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, 0, 1, "byIndex") Sleep(10) Next _IEQuit($oIE) ;== Question == $aItems = StringSplit($oSelect.innerText, " ") For $i = 1 To $aItems[0] - 1 ConsoleWrite("Item-" & $i & ": " & $aItems[$i] & @CRLF) Next  
    • Mark917
      By Mark917
      I am trying to extract a date and time from a website using InetRead.  The source for the page I am reading shows the date and time as shown below.  I need to somehow extract the correct date and time from this information.  Is there a function or calculation that will do this?  The source shown here correlates to 15:20 (time) 29.03.17 (date).
      <div class="cell game-date" data-time="1490818800000"> <div class="site__time" data-time="1490818800000"> <div class="time"></div> <div class="date"></div> </div> </div>  
    • jonson1986
      By jonson1986
      Hey
      I'm trying to use InetGet function to download multiple images from a website, some pages having three images, some pages having 4 images some of them having more...
      I wrote belong codes to work with autoit and having issues when autoit find not matching url available then autoit just script stopped without any error and I just want to same all the avaialble images on the website if links are not more left then script should moves on but script just stopped...
      Here is complete scenerio
      I've so many webpages with random number of images are hosting on those pages, in below code, InetGet able to download first three files easily and when it reaches to 4th link that is missing on the webpage that's why script stopped just but I want autoit to download only those images those are links are available and rest of files needs to be skipped automatically for this page if on the next page 4th link of image avaiable then autoit script needs to download 4th one also.
      Furthermore, please help me to download files with it's original names instead of whatever name I want to same them like in InetGet I've to give some name to the file that I'm willind to download instead of original name that is available online.
      Please Help me.
      Here i my code;
      $File6 = @ScriptDir & "\images_source.txt" $txt6 = FileRead($File6) $target_source7 = _StringBetween($txt6, 'src="', '"') if Not @error Then InetGet ( $target_source7[0], @ScriptDir & '\Description\Image1.jpg'); 1st image download coz link is available InetGet ( $target_source7[1], @ScriptDir & '\Description\Image2.jpg'); 2nd image download coz link is available InetGet ( $target_source7[2], @ScriptDir & '\Description\Image3.jpg'); 3rd image download coz link is available InetGet ( $target_source7[3], @ScriptDir & '\Description\Image4.jpg'); 4th image not able to download coz link is not available and script just stopped EndIf  
    • therks
      By therks
      Does anybody know how I would go about getting the window title bar colour on Windows 10? I tried using _WinAPI_GetSysColor, and manually reading the registry (HKCU\Control Panel\Colors, ActiveTitle) but in either case I get the same (0x99B4D1, wrong) result.
      RegRead('HKCU\Control Panel\Colors', 'ActiveTitle') ; Returns 153 180 209 (aka 99B4D1) _WinAPI_GetSysColor ($COLOR_ACTIVECAPTION) ; Returns 0xD1B499 (aka 99B4D1)  
      By 31290
      Hi Guys, 
      Since I'm able to get a Dell equipment warranty status thanks to my API key, I'm using an UDF to extract data from an XML file and get the end date. > 
      Thing is, when using InetGet, the original file is in JSON format and the UDF is not working anymore, even if I download the file with the xml extension. Therefore, and when I manually download the page with Chrome, I have a proper XML file where the UDF is working fine.
      Here's my code:
      I even tried to convert the json to xml > https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/185717-js-json-to-xml/
      I took a look here https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/104150-json-udf-library-fully-rfc4627-compliant/ but I don't understand anything :/

The XML read UDF is just perfect for my needs but I'm stuck here... 
      Thanks for any help you can provide
      -31290-
      3MTXM12.json
      3MTXM12.xml