morganlove

Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites

3 posts in this topic

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

Hi.  did you ever get around this problem?  I'm facing it now.

thanks

On 22/09/2015 at 8:28 PM, morganlove said:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

According to the help file you need to provide userid/password in the URL:

To use a username and password when connecting simply prefix the servername with "username:password@", e.g.
"http://myuser:mypassword@www.somesite.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• therks
      By therks
      As the title says, does anyone know of a way to open the Windows 10 action center using AutoIt. Maybe via rundll or some other applet?
      My intention is to just hide the normal icon, then have an AutoIt system tray icon that will open the action center on click. And I can't just send the Win+A hotkey because I have it disabled. 
      Thanks for reading.
    • TMelanson
      By TMelanson
      Hi folks,
      I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
      Background:
      I have the need to run a program with admin credentials (#RequireAdmin), and then get the SID of the locally logged in account. Not the admin account.
      If you look at the attached script, Line 16 uses the @UserName variable and returns the SID for the admin account I used to launch the app.
      I want to use line 17 which passes the result of the _GetUsername function which is a username using  ($UserName) to the WMIService.
      I'm getting " The requested action with this object has failed.:" error message.
      Any suggestions would be appreciated!

test1.au3
    • onlineth
      By onlineth
      I’m wondering how to add a Windows Hello option to the additional PIN, Fingerprint, and Facial Recognition options? I'd like an interface that could be linked to the Windows Hello authentication system and AutoIt itself.
      I understand that this discussion did not meet the Forum Rules, I apologize about that. I'd like to point out that this post is asking for a way to attach into the Windows Hello service. I'd like to follow the same concept that YubiKey's interact with Windows Hello as seen here: https://www.yubico.com/2016/09/yubikey-works-windows-hello/.
    • afallenhope
      By afallenhope
      Hello all! 
      I am having a bit of trouble and was wondering if anyone may have a workaround for my issue. I made a script that would automatically install a piece of software each night on a Windows 7 Box. Now I have been instructed to do the same with a Windows 10 box since the application is now being tested on Windows 10. 
      The way I did the win7 installation was that I made a script and then made an executable that I call with a batch file along with the Installer. So the process is 
      AutoitMainFile calls batch file, batch file opens Installer, and the automatedinstaller.exe  The automatedinstlaller waits 10-20 seconds to make sure the Installer has been fully loaded.
      When I try to do the same both get loaded but the automatedinstallation.exe does not send commands to the installer. The code does work and nothing from the program we are wanting to install has changed as our Windows 7 runs every night no problem. 

Do I need to make a new automatedinstall script for windows 10? 
      Any advice is appreciated 
      Thanks,
      Richard
    • Dent
      By Dent
      Hi everyone,
      My script uses IE11 on Win7 to log in to a site and enters data into a couple of forms. Upon clicking a link this data is used by the site to generate a PDF report.
      With my current set-up if I do this manually the PDF opens in a new IE tab and I can download or print it. If I right-click the link that creates the PDF and choose Save Target As the PDF is generated and the Open/Save As dialogue at the bottom of the screen opens. All good.
      However I would like the script to automatically download the PDF and close IE and then exit. Closing IE (_IEQuit) and exiting the script are easy enough, but I'm struggling getting the script to download the PDF.
      The link to generate the PDF contains a unique number each time the page with the link is reached, so it's not static. The link position however, using _IELinkGetCollection I can tell the link to generate the PDF is always the 10th one from the end of the page, so using $iNumLinks - 10 I am able to click the link.
      What I believe I need to use is InetGet however the problem I've been facing is that the link isn't static and I haven't worked out a way to access the link by index - is this possible?
      Here is the website HTML for the section containing the link although I don't think it's of much use but it at least shows the format of the link (I can't post a link as it's a password protected area)...
      <div class="rmButton right"><a title="Generates a PDF version of the market report in a new window." href="/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991" target="_blank">print/save as pdf</a></div> The full link https://www.rightmove.co.uk/rmplus/generatePdf?mr_id=60991 just for completeness - visiting it will give a HTTP 500 unless logged in.
      And here is the code that clicks this link opening the generated PDF in a new tab...
      $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) $iNumLinks = @extended $PrintPDF = _IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, ($iNumLinks - 10)) So, how to use InetGet to visit that link? Or is there a way to Save As the newly opened tab? I've tried _IEAction($oIE, "saveas") but it seems not to work in a tab containing only a PDF.