morganlove

Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites

4 posts in this topic

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

Hi.  did you ever get around this problem?  I'm facing it now.

thanks

On 22/09/2015 at 8:28 PM, morganlove said:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

According to the help file you need to provide userid/password in the URL:

To use a username and password when connecting simply prefix the servername with "username:password@", e.g.
"http://myuser:mypassword@www.somesite.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#4 ·  Posted

I forgot about this, but the solution was to turn off "Enable Protected Mode" in the IE Security tab.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Hanukka
      By Hanukka
      Hello there,
      https://stackoverflow.com/questions/901712/how-to-check-whether-a-checkbox-is-checked-in-jquery
      I want to check the checkbox in the frame which pops up after choosing "run code snippet" option. ( Internet Explorer one would be prefered )
      Can you please please send the right code or some snippet here.. 
    • rg20
      By rg20
      Greetings all,

I have an app that runs fine in windows 7 but not windows 10.
      issue : when entering the filename to save, it enters it into the saveAs dialog box, but Office still tries to save as "Diagram1" or "Presentation1"

$FileError = "" MonitorProcess2("VISIO") _DebugOut("Visio Done") MonitorProcess2("POWERPNT") _debugOut("Powerpoint Done") CloseSave($FileSavePathName, $SaveAsWindow) _DebugOut("Saved and closed Powerpoint") _VSO_DocumentSave($objVisioFile) while not _VSO_DocumentSaved($objVisioFile) WEnd _VSO_VisioClose($objVisioFile) _DebugOut("Saved and closed Visio") else _DebugOut("Filename Does not exist = "& $FilePathName) EndIf the monitor process2 just makes sure the processes are complete before trying to save the files.

The closeSave function is below, but since I am opening the file with the proper name, this is not an issue
      func CloseSave($SaveFile, $SaveAsWindow) _DebugOut("Save File ") _DebugOut($SaveFile) send("!{F4}") send ("!S") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") _DebugOut("WINDOW - current window is Powerpoint to enter filename " & $title) while not ($title = $SaveAsWindow) $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") wend ControlSetText ($SaveAsWindow,"","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]",$SaveFile) send ("!S") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") while not StringInStr($title,"Visio") $title = WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]") wend EndFunc  
    • brodillo
      By brodillo
      Hello, I've experience using automation anywhere. Now I want to learn Auto It for my automatization projects.
      I've tried to implement an example using calculator program in Windows 10.
      When I used au3Info program to identify  an escefific zone in the calc window , au3info always return the same advanced class  [CLASS:ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow; INSTANCE:1] 
      Is there a restriction for windows 10?
      See my little script

Run("Calc.exe")
      WinWaitActive("Calculadora")
      WinActive("Calculadora")
      $old="0"
      $new="1020"
      $controlNumber="[CLASS:ApplicationFrameInputSinkWindow; INSTANCE:1]"
      ControlSetText("Calculadora","",$controlNumber,$new)
      ControlSend("Calculadora","",$controlNumber,$new)

I've tried using controlSetText and ControlSend.

Thank you for your help

• DLS
      By DLS
      I have a working script that changes the core affinity and process priority of multiples of a specific application I have running.  
      I have that part figured out.

I would like to make a little modification to it.

Windows10 introduced virtual desktops.  I am trying to have different core affinity and priority of processes on the visible and non-visible desktops.  
      What I need is a bool function that could be described as IsWindowOnCurrentDesktop($hWnd).  I have searched the winAPI.au3 but I do not believe anything like that exists built it.
      I have searched multiple places before asking for help. I found a Microsoft supplied example of the function I need using C#, but I am unfamiliar with C# to a degree that I cannot port the system call over.
      https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/winsdk/2015/09/10/virtual-desktop-switching-in-windows-10/
      Help is appreciated but not expected.  Thanks in advanced.   In the meantime I will be learning C# syntax and class structure.
    • taylansan
      By taylansan
      Hi All, 
      I have a question related to _IEFormElementOptionSelect in the reference file. This drop down contains three items; Homepage, Midipage, Freepage. 
      How can I get the name of these items? If I use .innertext, in another drop down list contains spaces, so I cannot split them. 
      ; Open a browser with the form example, get reference to form, get reference ; to select element, cycle 10 times selecting options byValue, byText and byIndex #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IE_Example("form") Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "ExampleForm") Local $oSelect = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "selectExample") _IEAction($oSelect, "focus") For $i = 1 To 10 _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "Freepage", 1, "byText") Sleep(10) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, "midipage.html", 1, "byValue") Sleep(10) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSelect, 0, 1, "byIndex") Sleep(10) Next _IEQuit($oIE) ;== Question == $aItems = StringSplit($oSelect.innerText, " ") For $i = 1 To $aItems[0] - 1 ConsoleWrite("Item-" & $i & ": " & $aItems[$i] & @CRLF) Next