morganlove

Inetget and InetRead don't recognize IE cookies on Windows 10 and so can't be used on password-protected sites

4 posts in this topic

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

Hi.  did you ever get around this problem?  I'm facing it now.

thanks

On 22/09/2015 at 8:28 PM, morganlove said:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, scripts using Inetget and InetRead no longer seem to recognize Internet Explorer cookies. This makes them useless for websites that require you to be logged in to. Has there been some sort of change to IE cookies because of the upgrade and new Edge browser? Is there a way around this?

According to the help file you need to provide userid/password in the URL:

To use a username and password when connecting simply prefix the servername with "username:password@", e.g.
"http://myuser:mypassword@www.somesite.com"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#4 ·  Posted

I forgot about this, but the solution was to turn off "Enable Protected Mode" in the IE Security tab.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have a workplace GUI that has a search field function that pulls up customer records to allow changes. I am attempting to 1)LOGIN 2)Enter Search field, enter a number and then {ENTER} 3)change specific field once customer record loads. I have very limited experience in GUI manipulation but I am able to login using the below:
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/ASAG/index.htm') Call ("RacksheetSignIn") Func RacksheetSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/RackSheets/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc However I can't seem to use the _IEGetObjByName or Mouseclick to focus on the search field to allow me to enter my search criteria. When I "inspect element" in the Search field I get the attached:

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

• BBs19
      By BBs19
      Features:
      Create modern looking borderless and resizable GUIs with control buttons (Close,Maximize/Restore,Minimize, Fullscreen, Menu) True borderless, resizeable GUI with full support for aerosnap etc. Many color schemes/themes included. See MetroThemes.au3 for more details. 3 type of Windows 8/10 style buttons. Modern checkboxes, radios, toggles and progressbar. All buttons, checkboxes etc. have hover effects! Windows 10 style modern MsgBox. Windows 10/Android style menu that slides in from left. Windows 10 style right click menu
      Example(Image): 

Hover effect of the control buttons:

Windows 10-Style MsgBox:

Windows 10/Android-Style menu:

Credits: @UEZ, for the function to create buttons with text using GDIPlus. @binhnx for his SSCtrlHover UDF
      Version 5.0 - Changelog - 03.09.2017
      New features:
      Hover effects, minimize,maximize,restore and other GUI effects are now working natively, there is no need to call any function in a loop. This also allows the hover effects to work if the main script is paused due to "Sleep, Msgbox etc." The hover effects now work slightly faster and create less CPU usage, however the startup time of the main script is slightly increased. Thanks to @binhnx for his SSCtrlHover UDF. Maximize, Minimize, Fullscreen and Restore buttons now work natively, meaning you don't need to set actions for them manually.  If you prefer handling the buttons manually, then you can disable this by setting "$ControlBtnsAutoMode = False" Added _Metro_CreateButtonEx2 -> Creates a slightly rounded button without a frame around. Hovering changes the button color to a lighter color. Added _Metro_CreateCheckboxEx2 -> Creates a modern round checkbox. Added _Metro_CreateRadioEx -> Creates a metro style radio with colored checkmark. Added "_Metro_RightClickMenu" an easy to use rightclick menu. You can use this with listviews or anything else. Check out the example for a demo of the rightclick menu and how to implement it. -> Rightclick on Button3 to show the menu. Added multiple new themes with flat colors and updated the old themes. Check out the example for a demo with all themes by pressing the menu button -> Themes Demo Improvements:
      You can now delete all controls that have hover effects(buttons, checkboxes etc.) using GUICtrlDelete($ControlHandle). This will also automatically release all resources and remove the control from the global array. Many other optimizations,changes and bugfixes.  
      Download UDF with example:

• TotalAuto
      By TotalAuto
      Hi All
      I am new to AutoIT, its community, and pretty much programming in general. 
      After a bit of online research, I decided to focus on AutoIT as my first programming attempt as it seems quite powerful and amazing once you become advanced at it. I have read some introductory pdfs which where good, including from the guy I think who invented it. I also watched various sketchy youtube videos, checked out the forum etc. I have to admit it's a bit confusing starting off but I reckon if I just keep pushing forward with continual hard work I can only get better.  
      My first AutoIT project has been to open Internet Explorer and automatically log into Twitter to save doing it manually. I plan to run this after windows start up via task scheduler. I am using the #include <IE.au3> UDF but for some reason about 20% of the time I receive the following orange error notifications at the bottom of the editor (pic attached). When it happens the IE browser just doesn't open but the program continues to run which mucks up the script. 
      Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed? Also is there some other better, less error prone way, to open IE and automatically log in?
      I have tried to use the Get Object NAME and ID commands to insert the username and password (i.e. the xxxxxxxxxx's) but when I right click to use "Inspect element" there is no name or id. It seems to be some sort of java script reference?
      I am using Windows 7 with latest updates and Internet Explorer version 11.
      As this is my first post I hope I am following protocols, and if not, please let me know and I will improve.
      Thanks

• VIP
      By VIP
      I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
      I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
      But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.
      Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

• ur
      By ur
      For the below form, I am able to automate using below code for textboxes.

#include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("http://localhost:18170/MartAdmin/", "url") _IELoadWait($oIE) $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-16-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-18-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') But for the Login button, there is no id or name.
      The html code when I click on Inspect element in browser, shown below.
      <button tabindex="0" class="x-btn-text" style="width: 64px; position: relative;" type="button">Log In</button> Please let me know how to click this.?