leke

Keeping the console window open after execution has finished

leke

I have an app that rips .ts files, but I'm having a problem seeing the the error message ffmpeg is displaying because the console window closes right after the message is rendered. 

If I manually type the equivalent command from the command line, the .ts file rips ok, so I'm guessing it's not the command itself that is the issue. 

How do I get the console window to remain open when running it through my autoIt app? 

Code in question...

Func RipIt($WhereIsFfmpeg, $TsPath)
    ; Creates rip in same folder as original.
    $ffmpeg_command = $WhereIsFfmpeg & " -i " & $TsPath & " -b:v 1200k -vcodec libx264 " & $TsPath & ".mp4" ; The ffmpeg rip settings.
    Run($ffmpeg_command, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ; the ffmpeg command.
EndFunc

Source code.exe

MyEarth

Check on the help for StderrRead / StdoutRead so you can get the output from ffmpeg command line

P.S. In $ffmpeg_command don't forget the quotes " " if there are space in the path/variable like:

'"' & $TsPath & '"'

Edited by MyEarth
  • Like 1

leke

Check on the help for StderrRead / StdoutRead so you can get the output from ffmpeg command line

P.S. In $ffmpeg_command don't forget the quotes " " if there are space in the path/variable like:

'"' & $TsPath & '"'

Thanks, I tried the adding quotes first and it ended up being the problem. I did read about the StderrRead / StdoutRead args in the docs, but couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do. I guess I should just add them in to the Run function with the old code and see what happens. 

water

Use RunWait. This waits until the called program has finished processing.

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

TheSaint

For Ffmpeg I tend to use the following

Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'ffmpeg.exe ' & $parameters, $ffmpegdir, @SW_SHOW)

And while troubleshooting, I use /k instead of /c which then keeps your console window open.

Edited by TheSaint
  • Like 1

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• boomingranny
      By boomingranny
      Use this UDF to add a console gui to your script (with log file):
      It uses the Hidden Autoit window (that you probably didn't even know existed)
      Closing Console window will terminate script.
      example of console:

#include-once #include <GuiEdit.au3> EnableConsoleGui("example.log") ;example: ;------------------------ ConsoleWrite ("Hello World") For $i = 1 To 10 ConsoleWrite (".") Sleep(200) Next ConsoleWrite ("done") ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ConsoleWrite ("close me to exit"&@CRLF) While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd ;------------------------ ;end of example code Func EnableConsoleGui($Logfile="") ;EnableConsoleGUI ;by Daniel Barnes 20/04/2018 ;Uses AutoIt's Hidden window as a console (output only) Global $pidChild ;if we don't have a parent (as the parent window would have our script name) If Not WinExists(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) Then Opt("TrayIconHide",1) ;get Autoit's hidden window handle local $hWnd = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()) ;move the autoit hidden window to the middle of the screen WinMove($hWnd, "", (@DesktopWidth / 2) - 250, (@DesktopHeight / 2) - 250, 500, 500) ;get the Handle of the edit box in Autoit's hidden window $hEditBox = ControlGetHandle($hWnd,"","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ;show it WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_SHOW) ;set its title = our script name WinSetTitle($hWnd,"",StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) ;Spawn a child "copy" of the script, enabling reading of its console... If @Compiled Then ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) Else ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) EndIf OnAutoItExitRegister("EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID") ;read the console, while the child window exists (and the console window is visible) While ProcessExists($pidChild) $ConsoleRead = StdoutRead($pidChild) If $ConsoleRead then $text = StringLeft(ControlGetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox),65535) If $Logfile Then FileWrite($Logfile,$ConsoleRead) $text &= $ConsoleRead ControlSetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox,$text) ConsoleWrite($ConsoleRead) ;scroll to bottom of console edit window _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hEditBox, 65535, 65535) endif Sleep(250) WEnd exit endif EndFunc Func EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID() ;if this func isn't used ;when you close the console gui ;the child "clone" of your script will keep running ProcessClose($pidChild) EndFunc
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      While programming I often use ConsoleWrite() for debugging. If the script isn’t to big I often don’t do extra logging but let my ConsoleWrite()’s inside. Sometimes difficulties appear later when @compiled and weeks are gone. So my first thought often is let’s run the script and catch the console outs of my script. So I coded a console reader.
      There are two ways to start the buggy script. First via $cmdline send to the reader and second with drag’n’drop onto the readers gui.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <WinAPIProc.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiRichEdit.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $data = "" Global $g_aPID = [0] Global $g_bFreeze = False Global $g_iZaehler = 0 Global $g_hGUI = GUICreate("Console: StdoutRead" , 800, 800, -1, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit") Global $text = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",10,30,780,760, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_READONLY + $ES_NOHIDESEL) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED); + $GUI_FOCUS) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_DROPPED, "_Dropped") _GUICtrlEdit_SetLimitText($text, 8388608) ; a filesize about 1mb Global $g_LaZeilen = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Zeilen: " & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler), 680, 10, 100, 9, $SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP, $WS_EX_LAYERED) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKSIZE) Global $g_hCbFreeze = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("&Freeze", 13, 5, 90) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($g_hCbFreeze, "_Freeze") Global $g_hBuCopy = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Copy All", 125, 5, 70, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($g_hBuCopy, "_Copy") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then _ViaCmdline() _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF) EndIf Global $sText = StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler) & @TAB _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $sText) Local $nextline While 1 If $g_aPID[0] > 0 Then $nextline = _ConsoleReadLine() $nextline = StringReplace($nextline, @CRLF, @CRLF & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler) & @TAB) $sText = $nextline If $g_bFreeze = False Then _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $sText) EndIf GUICtrlSetData($g_LaZeilen, "Zeilen: " & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler)) EndIf _ProcessExist() WEnd #region - Funcs Func _ConsoleReadLine() Local $Result,$crPos While True _ProcessExist() For $i = 1 To $g_aPID[0] $data &= StdoutRead($g_aPID[$i]) If @error Then ExitLoop Next $crPos = StringInStr($data, @CRLF) If $crPos Then $Result = StringLeft($data, $crPos) & @CRLF $data = StringRight($data, StringLen($data) - $crPos) $g_iZaehler += 1 Return $Result EndIf WEnd Return SetError(1, 1, $data) EndFunc Func _Dropped() Local $hPID = Run(@GUI_DragFile, "", Default, $STDERR_MERGED) ConsoleWrite("DROP: " & $hPID & " " & @GUI_DragFile & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($g_aPID, $hPID) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndFunc Func _ViaCmdline() Local $hPID = Run($CmdLine[1], "", Default, $STDERR_MERGED) ConsoleWrite("CMDLINE: " & $hPID & " " & $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($g_aPID, $hPID) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndFunc Func _Freeze() $g_bFreeze = Not $g_bFreeze ConsoleWrite("FREEZE: " & $g_bFreeze & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetState($text, $GUI_FOCUS) EndFunc Func _Copy() ConsoleWrite("COPY" & @CRLF) ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($text)) EndFunc Func _ProcessExist() For $i = $g_aPID[0] To 1 Step - 1 If Not ProcessExists($g_aPID[$i]) Then ConsoleWrite("GONE: " & $g_aPID[$i] & @CRLF) _ArrayDelete($g_aPID, $i) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndIf Next EndFunc Func _Exit() If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then ; if reader is started by $cmdline then no script will exit but reader For $i = 1 To $g_aPID[0] ConsoleWrite("KILL: " & $g_aPID[$i] & " " & _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName($g_aPID[$i]) & @CRLF) ProcessClose($g_aPID[$i]) Next EndIf ConsoleWrite("EXIT" & @CRLF) Exit EndFunc #endregion Funcs Maybe someone will find it useful too. 
      One last remark. If only one script is given via $cmdline to the reader no scripts will exit if consolereader exits. But otherwise all scripts dropped onto the readers gui will exit too. This is by design. If you want to change this do it inside func _exit().
      Regards, Conrad 
      P.S. Possibly some #includes are not necessary anymore but have been while scripting.
    • ur
      By ur
      I am running the tomcat batch file through autoit   and need to wait until the below line I get in console output.

But when I am trying to read the console output using the ProcessEx UDF, I am getting only the partial output.
      So, can you please suggest how to handle this.
    • PClough
      By PClough
      Hi everyone!
      I want to programmatically alter the structure of a large number of PDF which have different sizes and orientation, and come from different generators. To do this I need to be able to capture different parameters describing their layout.  I use a console tool called pdfInfo (part of the xpdf public domain suite) which provides me with everything I need. The idea is first to run pdfInfo against my pdf file redirecting the console's output to a text file. And then to load and parse the text file to get the parameters I need.  The only problem is that no output file is ever created.  I've looked through the forums and saw a number of threads loosely related to this but none of the suggested solutions (like using StdoutRead) has worked for me. I should say maybe that I'm running Win10.
      So here's the code that doesn't work:
      $pdfInfo = "f:\pdfinfo.exe" $pdfTest = "f:\test.pdf" RunWait(chr(34) & $pdfInfo & " -box " & $pdfTest & " > f:\log.txt", "", @SW_HIDE) If you use in a console the command line: 
      f:\pdfinfo.exe -box f:\test.pdf > f:\log.txt
      it works perfectly.  But the piece of code above does not create the log.txt file. So any idea what I am doing wrong.  Thanks for any help!