kcvinu

Autoit data in VB.net

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am playing with this code. My aim is to get the data created by an autoit exe from vb.net. But i think this is not the safest method. Look at this code. And suggest me some better ideas.

This is my autoit code

#include <Clipboard.au3>

_ClipBoard_Open (Null)
_ClipBoard_Empty ( )
Local $s_path = "F:\MyFolder\Myfile.ini"
Local $s_val = IniRead($s_path,"Mysection","Mykey","def")
_ClipBoard_SetData($s_val, 1)
_ClipBoard_Close ( )

Exit

I have compile this autoit file as MyEXE.exe

And this is my vb.net code

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim text As String
    Process.Start("C:\Users\Vinod\Desktop\MyEXE.exe")
    text = Clipboard.GetText(TextDataFormat.Text)
    Label1.Text = text
End Sub

This is working, but if we copy something just before the button click, then we didn't get the proper value. So i am seeking any better ideas. 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you @Danp2 . Let me read. 

Edit - At a first look, WM_COPYDATA seems interesting. :)

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@JohnOne , Yeah, i have got it. Planned to invest some time for further reading. Thanks. 

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• caramen
      By caramen
      Hello Guys,
      I am trying to make a screenshoot copy it to clipboard and paste it into a word document i want to do that to simplify my procedures création. 

I am trying to use the way of sending Keys "^c" & "^v" i tryed also CTRLDOWN and c but no one of these is working. 

First question :
      Why that's not working? 
      Is there anyother way i can work with ?

I watched the help file for FileCopy but it s only moving Files and not copy them. 

Maybe you can see somthing going wrong in my script but i guess it s not a syntax problem. 
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.14.2 Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <ScreenCapture.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> HotKeySet("{F2}", "Capture") HotKeySet("{F3}", "Windows") HotKeySet("{F4}", "Copy") Global $Numero = 0 Attendre () Capture() Func Capture() ; Capture full screen $Numero = $Numero+1 _ScreenCapture_Capture (@DesktopDir & "\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg") ShellExecute( @DesktopDir &"\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg") Sleep (500) Run("C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /Select, /n,/e," & @DesktopDir & "\ScreenCapture\Image"&$Numero&".jpg" ) WinWaitActive("ScreenCapture") Sleep(1500) Send("^c") ;~ Send ("{CTRLDOWN}") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("C") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("{CTRLUP}") EndFunc ;==>Example Func Windows () Global $Windows = WinGetTitle("[active]") MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Windows", "Windows selected for copy is : "&@CRLF&$Windows) EndFunc Func Copy () WinActivate (""&$Windows) Sleep (100) Send("^v") ;~ Send ("{CTRLDOWN}") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("V") ;~ Sleep(10) ;~ Send ("{CTRLUP}") EndFunc Func Attendre () While 1 Sleep (10) ;~ GUICreate ("Help",100,100) WEnd EndFunc  
    • Katie_Deely
      By Katie_Deely
      Hey

I have a GUI with an edit-field and a button.
      First I write some text into the edit-field and select a part of it. After that I press the button, and the selection is edited.
      How would I do that, though? When the text is selected and I press the button, it's unselected before the button actually raises an event. 
    • jamesinnewcastle
      By jamesinnewcastle
      Hi All
      I have used my script to paste a string ($TestCSVGenerator) onto the clipboard - it has text seperated by tabs and at certain intervals there are CRLF. I am certain that this is a valid string because after I run my script (and it fails to do what I need) I can then manually 'Paste' the string into Excel using CTRL v and Excel puts the text in rows separated by the tab position and starts a new row of cells after a CRLF. (I make sure that the clipboard was empty before running my program).
      All I need is a command that pastes the string into a certain cell and in theory the above should happen but it doesn't!
      First I tried the following:
      _Excel_RangeWrite ($oWorkbook, 1, $TestCSVGenerator, "C18", False, True)
      This pastes, but everything goes in one cell! I've tried all the combinations of True/false
      Next I tried:
      _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.ActiveSheet, Default, "C18")
      This pastes nothing at all (gives @error =4 ), if I define a range of cells Excel does highlight them.

Any ideas or alternative methods? I guess I could paste the text painfully cell by cell but Excel seems to understand what I have on the clipboard if I paste it manually - it's the automation that is flooring me!

Cheers
      James

• CaptainSparky
      By CaptainSparky
      Hello.
      I have designed and created a simple Clipboard manager in AutoIt. The project is open for any ideas, I hope you found it useful (and if you did please like my post so I can continue making software).
      Features
      [Done] Can store data in up to 5 slots.
      [Done] Options form.
      [Done] System Tray menu.
      [Done] Supports Hot-keys when pasting/copying data.
      [Done] Ability to copy and store text.
      [Done] Clipper theme.
      [Coming soon] Ability to copy and store files and folders.
      [Coming soon] Clipboard history form. ( currently logs history into a text file )
      And Much Much More!
      Source
      Conclusion
      If you find any bugs or you have any ideas you are free to leave them here.
      Please give this script a try because it took time. If you enjoyed this script PLEASE smash the like button, Thanks!
      ALSO: Have any script ideas? Please share them with me because I will make them!

Clipper.au3
    • PaLmeTToX
      By PaLmeTToX
      Hello
      I am trying to store the last 5 clipboard contents to a array. When i run my code, autoit is jumping in front of the system control +c and it is not copying anything to the clipboard. I am stumped, any ideas?

Global $x=0 Global $arr[5] HotKeySet("^c","_stepper") #cs******************************************************************************************************* ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #ce******************************************************************************************************* func _stepper() MsgBox(0, "Just message", "stepper is called") $arr[$x]=ClipGet() $x=$x+1 if $x=5 then $x=0 MsgBox(0, "Just message",$x) EndFunc #cs******************************************************************************************************* ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #ce******************************************************************************************************* While 1 Sleep(500) WEnd