kcvinu

Autoit data in VB.net

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am playing with this code. My aim is to get the data created by an autoit exe from vb.net. But i think this is not the safest method. Look at this code. And suggest me some better ideas.

This is my autoit code

#include <Clipboard.au3>

_ClipBoard_Open (Null)
_ClipBoard_Empty ( )
Local $s_path = "F:\MyFolder\Myfile.ini"
Local $s_val = IniRead($s_path,"Mysection","Mykey","def")
_ClipBoard_SetData($s_val, 1)
_ClipBoard_Close ( )

Exit

I have compile this autoit file as MyEXE.exe

And this is my vb.net code

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    Dim text As String
    Process.Start("C:\Users\Vinod\Desktop\MyEXE.exe")
    text = Clipboard.GetText(TextDataFormat.Text)
    Label1.Text = text
End Sub

This is working, but if we copy something just before the button click, then we didn't get the proper value. So i am seeking any better ideas. 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you @Danp2 . Let me read. 

Edit - At a first look, WM_COPYDATA seems interesting. :)

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@JohnOne , Yeah, i have got it. Planned to invest some time for further reading. Thanks. 

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello.
      I fail trying to save content from WhatsApp other then plain text to a file that way, that non-char-content will be preserved in it's correct encoding. e.g. Emojis are spoiled.
      I've tried to do so using just filewrite() as well as forcing UTF
      #include <clipboard.au3> MsgBox(0,"Ready to read clipboard","Mark some WhatsApp content with non-char elements, e.g. Emojis, copy that to your clipboard (CTRL+c), then click OK here.") $ClipContent=_ClipBoard_GetData() ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ClipContent = ' & $ClipContent & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & "Extended: " & @extended & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $File="C:\temp\ClipSaveToFile.txt" $h=FileOpen($File,2+8+64) ; overwrite, create path, UTF16 FileWrite($h,$ClipContent) FileClose($h) $h=FileOpen($File,64) $NeuGelesen=FileRead($h) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $NeuGelesen = ' & $NeuGelesen & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF & StringLen ($NeuGelesen) & @CRLF ) ;### Debug Console FileClose($h) _ClipBoard_SetData($NeuGelesen) MsgBox(0,"Done","Re-read content of TEMP file was placed to the clipboard. Now paste this into WhatsApp. (Emojis will be spoiled)") I've also tried other encodings (16, 32, 64, 512)

Or what is a different, functional approach to save WhatsApp Content to File in a way, to be able to to get it back to post it back to WhatsApp?

Regards, Rudi.
    • AndreyS
      By AndreyS
      Hello to you, dear developers!
      Could you please tell me if there is an easy way to determine if the information was pasted from the clipboard?
      Without any variation of the insertion via Ctrl+V, or through the context menu.
      I revised the Help and many forum topics, but found nothing suitable.
      Can there be any WinAPI system events that determine this event?
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Its possible to past previously copied text to somewhere with autoit script ?
      If yes, How it ?
      example : Before I copied ABCD and then copied the PQRS, how to past the previously copied ABCD ?
    • mmoalem
      By mmoalem
      I seem to have an issue with clipget() - the following bit of code copy URL from chrome address bar - than using clipget() i try to grab the URL into a variable and input it into a spreadsheet. the script did not put anything into the sheet 
      originally I though it was an issue with  OOo/LibO Calc UDF and posted it there :

than I tried writing $NewURL into a text file and than just a msgbox but it comes blank. (the URL is in the clipboard as i can paste it)

send ("!d") ;select URL in browser send ("^c") ;copy selected URL Local $NewURL = ClipGet() MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION + $MB_TOPMOST, $sTitle, $NewURL ) am I doing something wrong? is there an issue with a URL characters?
    • tcurran
      By tcurran
      Here's a short UDF that will, at least in most cases, detect whether a window can be copied from or pasted to programmatically--for example, by Send()ing ctl-c, ctl-v. This is often disabled when programs (like your AutoIt script) run at a lower UAC integrity level than the application they are trying to operate on.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> Func _WindowIsPasteable($handle) ;accepts window handle; returns true or false whether a window will accept Ctl-C, Ctl-V Local $bCanPaste = True Local $hTestWindowPID = 0 Local $hTestWindowTID = _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($handle, $hTestWindowPID) _WinAPI_AttachThreadInput(_WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId(), $hTestWindowTID, True);attach to window we want to paste into $bCanPaste = _WinAPI_GetFocus() ;Test whether window is paste-able--returns False if it is not _WinAPI_AttachThreadInput(_WinAPI_GetCurrentThreadId, $hTestWindowTID, False);detach from window thread Return $bCanPaste EndFunc Pass it a window handle; it returns true or false whether a window will accept programmatic pasting. The function may not work on the CMD window, since it handles the clipboard uniquely.
      This function works by attaching to the program thread of the window whose handle it receives, then attempting to perform a GetFocus on that thread. In most cases, the attempt will fail if the window will not accept programmatic copy-paste.