Mian

How to select or delete a column in excel sheet on the basis of heading in the first row

I wrote a script which deletes a single or range of columns from an excel file, however, I found that the file is frequently modified and the automation is not smooth.

The task can be achieved in two ways, please help me in whichever is simple.

1) Instead of column number, I delete single column or range of columns on the basis of heading in the first cell of the column. This way I will be able to select the desired columns even if the column number changes.

2) I select the columns on the basis of heading in the first cell of each column and paste it in a new sheet or new excel file. This way I will get the desired column where ever they are in the file.

Thanks

The Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt should provide the necessary functions: _Excel_RangeRead and _Excel_RangeDelete.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Codenameglassy
      Hello so i need help, so i have a while(1) Loop but i want to restart the loop form the begining if a specific event occurs or what i want on screen is occured.. i want  to restart the loop from beginning , leaving the rest of the script.
      But if the event didnt occur it follows the rest of the script and goes on while loop..
    • By TheDcoder
      Hello everyone, I am working on a project which requires reading a few values from Excel, the catch is that I need it to be very fast... unfortunatley I found out that read operations using the supplied Excel UDF are very slow, more than 150 ms for each operation on average
      Here is my testing setup that I made:
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $iTotalTime = 0 Test() Func Test() Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Local $oBook = _Excel_BookAttach("Test.xlsx", "FileName", $oExcel) Local $sSheet = "Sheet1" If @error Then Return MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Excel Failed", "Failed to attach to Excel") Local $iNum For $iRow = 1 To 6 Time() Local $iNum = Number(_Excel_RangeRead($oBook, $sSheet, "A" & $iRow)) If ($iNum = 1) Then ConsoleWrite("Row " & $iRow & " is 1 and value of column B is " & _Excel_RangeRead($oBook, $sSheet, "B" & $iRow)) Else ConsoleWrite("Row " & $iRow & " is not 1") EndIf ConsoleWrite(". Reading took: ") Time() Next ConsoleWrite("The whole operation took " & $iTotalTime & " milliseconds." & @CRLF) EndFunc Func Time() Local Static $hTimer Local Static $bRunning = False If $bRunning Then Local $iTime = Round(TimerDiff($hTimer), 2) $iTotalTime += $iTime ConsoleWrite($iTime & @CRLF) Else $hTimer = TimerInit() EndIf $bRunning = Not $bRunning EndFunc And Test.xlsx in CSV format:
      1,-1 -1,1 1,-1 1,1 -1,-1 1,1 Here is the actual xlsx but it should expire in a week: https://we.tl/t-EVkxGp1kc6
      And finally output from my script:
      Row 1 is 1 and value of column B is -1. Reading took: 276.06 Row 2 is not 1. Reading took: 163.36 Row 3 is 1 and value of column B is -1. Reading took: 302.58 Row 4 is 1 and value of column B is 1. Reading took: 294.65 Row 5 is not 1. Reading took: 152.33 Row 6 is 1 and value of column B is 1. Reading took: 284.92 The whole operation took 1473.9 milliseconds.  
      Taking ~1.5 seconds for reading 6 rows of data is bad for my script, which needs to run as fast as possible . It would be nice if I can bring this down to 100 ms somehow, I am not very experienced working with MS office so I thought about asking you folks for help and advice on how I can optimize my script to squeeze out every bit of performance that I can get from this script

Thanks for the help in advance!
    • By TrashBoat
      Im trying to iterate through a 2d array created by 
      ProcessList() function that returns a 2d array containing names and pid's, i wanted to filter through the names and delete entries that have "svchost.exe" and this is how i did it
      Func _Sanitize($array) For $x = 1 To UBound($array) - 1 ConsoleWrite($array[$x][0] & @CRLF) If $array[$x][0] == "svchost.exe" Then _ArrayDelete($array, $x) EndIf Next EndFunc ;==>_Sanitize And i get this error message
      What is wrong?
    • By SlackerAl
      I have been using some AutoIt scripts to manipulate Excel for a few weeks now. Today they stopped working. I have rebooted the PC and I'm not aware of any other significant changes. I can start and use Excel conventionally without a problem, but any attempt to create an excel object from AutoIt fails. E.g
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Excel.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_Open Example 1", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Produces:
      @error = 1
      @extended = -2147221005
      I can't find that COM error listed anywhere... Anyone have any ideas?
    • By gahhon
      Global Const $DIR_WA_FOLDER = @MyDocumentsDir & '\Whatsapp Extension' Global Const $DIR_SHORTCUT = @DesktopDir & '\WhatsappWeb.exe' Func _Create_Shortcut() Local $sMessage = "Creating shortcut " _Metro_SplashTextScreen(1, "", $sMessage) AdlibRegister("_Metro_LoopInProgress") If FileExists($DIR_WA_FOLDER) Then $iDelete = FileDelete($DIR_SHORTCUT) If $iDelete Then _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Debug: Desktop's shortcut is deleted.") Else _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Debug: Desktop's shortcut is not found. But, desktop's shortcut is still created.") EndIf If FileExists($DIR_WA_FOLDER & '\WhatsappWeb.exe') Then $iCreate = FileCreateShortcut($DIR_WA_FOLDER & '\WhatsappWeb.exe', $DIR_SHORTCUT) If $iCreate Then _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", "Desktop shortcut is now created!") _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Debug: Desktop's shortcut is created.") Else _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", "Desktop shortcut is failed to created!") _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Error: Fail to create shortcut.") EndIf Else _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", "Source not found!") _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Error: WhatsappWeb.exe is not found.") EndIf Else _Metro_MsgBox(0, "", "Source not found!") _FileWriteLog($LOG_INSTALLATION, "Error: Whatsapp Extension folder is not found.") EndIf AdlibUnRegister("_Metro_LoopInProgress") _Metro_SplashTextScreen(0) EndFunc So I do have a button to trigger this create shortcut to desktop.
      But after it created shortcut at desktop, I cannot execute the shortcut as it has no any response.
      Then I go try trigger the file at the source path @MyDocumentDir & '\Whatsapp Extension\WhatsappWeb.exe' and it work as expected.
      Then I go to check my log, and it shows:- (P/S: I already did trigger the function twice)
      2019-02-28 23:27:32 : Debug: Desktop's shortcut is not found. But, desktop's shortcut is still created. 2019-02-28 23:27:33 : Debug: Desktop's shortcut is created. 2019-02-28 23:28:40 : Debug: Desktop's shortcut is not found. But, desktop's shortcut is still created. 2019-02-28 23:28:41 : Debug: Desktop's shortcut is created. So based on my log shows, it failed to locate the shortcut, but it did exists there.

P/S: This project is done developed weeks ago, every testing is passed. Is just somehow the executable cannot be execute.

Any advise?