Wicked_Caty

Program doesn't write to files

I've written a short program that calculates all values of a mathematical function in a user-defined interval. The data is written to an user-defined file during that process. Unfortunately, there is no file. I don't have a clue what's wrong with my program, and I've been trying to solve that for nearly 2 hours now. Obviously without success.

The calculation is done properly (added a ConsoleWrite() to check that), so it must be the FileWrite() that doesn't work.

Thanks for the help!

Values.au3

You need to add some error checking to your script.
Is FileOpen successful? Is FileWrite successful?
The help file shows you how to check for errors.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

2 minutes ago, water said:

You need to add some error checking to your script.
Is FileOpen successful?

How do I do error checking exactly?

I don't know if that is successful. The only things I know are that the file isn't created :/

The help file explains what is returned by a function in case of an error. Example:

$f = FileOpen(...)
$If $F = -1 Then ... ; An error has occurred

$fw = FileWrite(...)
If $fw = 0 Then .. ; An error has occurred

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-03-02 - Version 1.3.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

FileOpen() and FileWrite() don't work. 

Edit: I guess FileWrite() doesn't work, because FileOpen() doesn't work in the first place

Edited by Wicked_Caty

The default mode for FileOpen is $FO_READ.
To write to a file you need to set the mode:

#include <FileConstants.au3>
$f = FileOpen("Your filename goes here", $FO_APPEND) ; Or $FO_OVERWRITE if you always want to overwrite an existing file

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Glad to be of service :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Pike
      Hey Everyone, I haven't been here in a while and recently picked up my old project. Still an FNG!
      To the point: I want to be able to push the button and either play an mp3, open a file, or open an exe program (all with the same button). The problem is that I don't know how to code for that at "case 1"
              Case 1                                                                                                                                             
                  Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default")                                
                  SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                     <-------------------------------
                  Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed)                                                                                 <------------------------------- This 'Run' doesn't work even by itself!
      See code below for layout. If you need more information I will attach more code or answer any questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Much Respect,
      Pike

Func _HandleButton() $iClickCount += 1 $iTimer = TimerInit() AdlibRegister("CheckButtonPress", $CheckTime) EndFunc Func CheckButtonPress() If TimerDiff($iTimer) < $CheckTime Or $iTimer = 0 Then Return Switch $iClickCount Case 1 Local $sRead = IniRead("config.ini", "Config", "One", "Default") SoundPlay($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Run($sRead, @HotKeyPressed) Case 2 MsgBox(0, "INFORMATION:", "Choose the file you want designated to this button") Local $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog(0, @ScriptDir & "\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST + $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were selected.") EndIf Local $sFileName = InputBox("INFORMATION:", "Please Name Your File?" & @CRLF _ & @CRLF _ & "6 Characters or Less", "") IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "One", $sFileOpenDialog) IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\config.ini", "Config", "NameOne", $sFileName) EndSwitch $iClickCount = 0 AdlibUnRegister() EndFunc  

• By nacerbaaziz
      hi dears, i have a question please
      am now working for an audio player for the blind users
      and i added an option to open a file from the right click context menu.
      but here there is a small problem, i hope that you can help me to find a solution for it.
      the problem is as follow :
      when i added the problem into the context menu it work with successfuly if the user select just one file.
      but if the user selected more then one file, here the problem
      a multiple sections of the program will open.
      my question is :
      how i can detect the multiple selection from the context menu?
      i know that it so  hard, but i know also that you are harder than it
      for that dears please try to give me an solution for that problem.
      thanks in advance
    • By jpomalley
      Hi all,
      Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Windows "fade effect" that occurs when a window appears or disappears?
      It is possible for a user to disable visual effects in windows in general through the system properties > performance settings, but I am interested just in fixing it for a particular window that pops up in my app.
      I would like it to appear and disappear instantaneously, snapping in and out, out of nowhere, rather than the short (maybe 300 ms?) fade in/fade out effect that windows has.
      Thanks for any tips
      JP
    • By fastman
      I am struggling with activating the 2nd GUI.  References of https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Managing_Multiple_GUIs did not help.
      Gui2 and controls are created, but the buttons are not active.  I have tried to remove extra code.
      Thanks for any help.
      ; ; cabinet maker process to automate MasterCam ; ATP nesting process ; #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> ;#include <file.au3> ;#include <FileConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> ;#include <XML.au3>; If XML library is updated, note that this script requires that save file will overwrite an existing file Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; 1 = OnEvent mode Opt("WinWaitDelay", 500) ; milliseconds Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) Opt("WinSearchChildren", 1) Global $hMainGUI Global $hMainGUI2 Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $bOnlyVisible = Default, $sStringIncludes = Default, $sClass = Default) If Not IsHWnd($hCallersWindow) Then ConsoleWrite("$hCallersWindow must be a handle...provided=[" & $hCallersWindow & "]" & @CRLF) Return False EndIf ; Get all list of controls If $bOnlyVisible = Default Then $bOnlyVisible = True If $sStringIncludes = Default Then $sStringIncludes = "" If $sClass = Default Then $sClass = "" $sClassList = WinGetClassList($hCallersWindow) ; Create array $aClassList = StringSplit($sClassList, @CRLF, 2) ; Sort array _ArraySort($aClassList) _ArrayDelete($aClassList, 0) ; Loop $iCurrentClass = "" $iCurrentCount = 1 $iTotalCounter = 1 If StringLen($sClass) > 0 Then For $i = UBound($aClassList) - 1 To 0 Step -1 If $aClassList[$i] <> $sClass Then _ArrayDelete($aClassList, $i) EndIf Next EndIf For $i = 0 To UBound($aClassList) - 1 If $aClassList[$i] = $iCurrentClass Then $iCurrentCount += 1 Else $iCurrentClass = $aClassList[$i] $iCurrentCount = 1 EndIf $hControl = ControlGetHandle($hCallersWindow, "", "[CLASSNN:" & $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount & "]") $text = StringRegExpReplace(ControlGetText($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl), "[\n\r]", "{@CRLF}") $aPos = ControlGetPos($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl) $sControlID = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hControl) $bIsVisible = ControlCommand($hCallersWindow, "", $hControl, "IsVisible") If $bOnlyVisible And Not $bIsVisible Then $iTotalCounter += 1 ContinueLoop EndIf If StringLen($sStringIncludes) > 0 Then If Not StringInStr($text, $sStringIncludes) Then $iTotalCounter += 1 ContinueLoop EndIf EndIf If IsArray($aPos) Then ;ConsoleWrite("ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[0]) & "] YPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[1]) & "] Width=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[2]) & "] Height=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[3]) & "] IsVisible=[" & $bIsVisible & "] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Func=[GetAllWindowsControls]: ControlCounter=[" & StringFormat("%3s", $iTotalCounter) & "] ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[0]) & "] YPos=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[1]) & "] Width=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[2]) & "] Height=[" & StringFormat("%4s", $aPos[3]) & "] IsVisible=[" & $bIsVisible & "] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) Else ;ConsoleWrite("ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[winclosed] YPos=[winclosed] Width=[winclosed] Height=[winclosed] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("Func=[GetAllWindowsControls]: ControlCounter=[" & StringFormat("%3s", $iTotalCounter) & "] ControlID=[" & StringFormat("%5s", $sControlID) & "] Handle=[" & StringFormat("%10s", $hControl) & "] ClassNN=[" & StringFormat("%19s", $iCurrentClass & $iCurrentCount) & "] XPos=[winclosed] YPos=[winclosed] Width=[winclosed] Height=[winclosed] Text=[" & $text & "]." & @CRLF) EndIf If Not WinExists($hCallersWindow) Then ExitLoop $iTotalCounter += 1 Next ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "title", "check console for control list") EndFunc ;==>GetAllWindowsControls ; ======= Func GetAllWindowsControls($hCallersWindow, $bOnlyVisible = Default, $sStringIncludes = Default, $sClass = Default) ========= Func setNestingOverlay() $ovrWidth = 400 $ovrHeight = 60 $ovrLeft = -1 ;$mcamWindow[0] + $nestControlRelative[0] $ovrTop = -1;$mcamWindow[1] + $nestControlRelative[1]+ 10 $hMainGUI = GUICreate("covering mastercam buttons", $ovrWidth, $ovrHeight, $ovrLeft, $ovrTop, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CloseButton2") Local $iOKButton1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue to gui2", 20, 20, 80) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iOKButton1, "NestResultButtonOverlay") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMainGUI) GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")) ;loop to monitor button click While 1 Sleep(50) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd ConsoleWrite(" exit loop setNestingOverlay") EndFunc ;==>setNestingOverlay ;=== 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ======= 2nd gui ==== func NestResultButtonOverlay() $ovrWidth = -1;$mcamWindow[2] - 10 $ovrHeight = 70 ;40 $ovrLeft = -1 ;$mcamWindow[0] + 5 ;+ $nestControlRelative[0] $ovrTop = -1 ;$mcamWindow[1] + $nestControlRelative[1]+ 10 $hMainGUI2 = GUICreate("gui2-- covering nest result buttons", $ovrWidth, $ovrHeight, $ovrLeft, $ovrTop, -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) ;width, height, left, top ;GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE + @SW_MINIMIZE, $hMainGUI) ;GUISwitch($hMainGUI2) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "CloseButton2") local $iBackNestingButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back to Nesting", 20, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iBackNestingButton, "backtoNesting") Local $iOKButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Continue for g-Code", 160, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "generateGCode") ;GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iOKButton2, "generateGCode") Local $iDoneButton2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Oops go back to vortex", 300, 10, 120) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iDoneButton2, "CloseButton2") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hMainGUI2) GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE + @SW_MINIMIZE, $hMainGUI) GUISwitch($hMainGUI2) GetAllWindowsControls(WinGetHandle("[ACTIVE]")) While 1 Sleep(50) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd ConsoleWrite(" exit loop NestResultButtonOverlay") EndFunc ;==>setNestingOverlay func backtoNesting() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","backtoNesting") EndFunc Func CloseButton2() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","CloseButton2") Exit EndFunc func generateGCode() msgbox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "gui2","generateGCode") EndFunc ; =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main =========== main setNestingOverlay()  
    • By Blueman
      Hey Guys,
      Maybe you can help me with something small.
      It is not terrible but it slows down my script and after a while even crash the script.

First i explain what i have;
      I have a GUI with a lot of GUICtrlCreateInput controls, lets say 600 pieces.
      All the controls are hidden when the GUI is displayed, i have 3 buttons attached to 200 pieces each.
      When i press button-1 the first 200 controls are showed,
      When i press button-2 the first 200 controls are hidden and the next 200 controls are showed,
      etc, etc.
      This is working perfectly but after a while the GUI is getting slower and slower.
      After a while the controls aren't responding anymore and the script crashes.
      When i compile the script to 64-Bits version the speed is a lot better but you can still see the script slowing down each time i use the buttons.
      I think there has to be a buffer somewhere that is filling each time i show and hide the controls, but how can i clear that buffer without restarting the script?
      Deleting and re-creating the controls didn't help, deleting the entire gui (and controls) and re-creating it didn't help also.
      The only thing that is working is restarting the script.

Thanks guys!

PS: If you need a working example i can add it to this topic, just let me know. It is not rocket science, i just create the controls and show/hide them with a while loop and 3 buttons.