Get the value of last cell used in row

Hi again @antmar904
Thanks to @water for the suggestion and to @Jfish for the help I found a better way to achieve what you request using native Excel Objects and Methods so is more efficient and you don't need to read the entire Worksheet to an array and then parse that array, the fact is no array is needed.

The final code is like this:

#include<Excel.au3>
Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl,@ScriptDir&"\Excel1.xlsx") ; your workbook here
Global Const $xlUp = -4162
Global Const $xlToLeft = -4159
; This will give you the Number of Used Rows in Column A that u will use like a base for finding last used cell per each row
With $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet
     $countRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End($xlUp).row
EndWith
; With a For loop from Row 1 to the final used Row in Column A
For $i = 1 To $countRow
    ; Number of Columns in each Row and we need that last used column number
        $countCol = .Cells($i, .Columns.Count).End($xlToLeft).Column
    EndWith
    ; We need to translate Colunm Number to Letter to use that in RangeRead()
    $ColLetter = _Excel_ColumnToLetter($countCol)
    $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default,$ColLetter&$i , 1)
MsgBox(0,"",$aResult)
Next

And here you have @Jfish last code:

#include <Excel.au3>
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl,@ScriptDir&"\Excel1.xlsx") ; your workbook here
;Number of Rows
EndWith
For $i = 1 To $countRow
    ; Number of Columns in 1 Row
    $LastUsedCellInRow = .Range("IV"&$i).End($xlToLeft).Address
    $LastUsedCellInRow = StringReplace($LastUsedCellInRow,"$","")
    $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default,$LastUsedCellInRow , 1)
EndWith
MsgBox("","",$aResult)
Next

Regards
Alien.

Edited by alien4u

The Shortest way so far without the need of calling _Excel_RangeRead():

#include<Excel.au3>
EndWith
For $i = 1 To $countRow
        $lastColvalue = .Cells($i, .Columns.Count).End($xlToLeft).value
    EndWith
MsgBox(0,"",$lastColvalue)
Next

Regards
Alien.

2 hours ago, VIP said:

I think no need "AutoIt" to generate the report.
With this request can easily with itself (Excel)!

Obviously is not about the report is about get that data from Excel and do something more with AutoIT base on that data.

Regards
Alien.

On 15/4/2016 at 11:15 PM, antmar904 said:

Hi All,

I am trying to get the value of the last cell used in every row (shown in red).

Exp:

ex.JPG.adc0e4a394b25cd5155d98b13f0c3789.

Output I need:

5711133fabbe0_exoutput.JPG.470e5e37b0836

Try This:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Global $ExcelFile = @ScriptDir & "\LNExport.xlsx"

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error creating Excel object")
    _Excel_Close($oExcel)
    Exit
EndIf
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ExcelFile, Default, Default)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error opening the workbook")
    _Excel_Close($oExcel)
    Exit
EndIf

Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, Default, 1)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to read workbook")
    _Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook)
    Exit
EndIf
;~  _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "Data", "")
;~ _Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook)
Local $aArray_2D[UBound($aResult, 1) - 1][2]
Local $LastCOL, $zResult
For $i = 1 To UBound($aResult, 1) - 1
    $FristROW = $aResult[$i][0]
    For $j = 0 To UBound($aResult, 2) - 1
        If $aResult[$i][$j] <> "" Then $LastCOL = $aResult[$i][$j]
    Next
    $aArray_2D[$i - 1][0] = $aResult[$i][0]
    $aArray_2D[$i - 1][1] = $LastCOL
Next
_ArrayDisplay($aArray_2D, "Data", "")
_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook)
;~ WinClose("Microsoft Excel")
Exit

Regards,

To me it seems the solution posted in #23 is the most elegant way to retrieve the last cell of each row.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

On 16.4.2016 at 6:10 AM, alien4u said:

Also try to use _Excel_RangeFind() but none of the examples on the Help File works.
Error with all of them:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name
$aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR

Regards
Alien.

This is a bug in the 3.3.14.0 implementation of COM error handling. Use 3.3.12.0 to fix this problem.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

On 18.4.2016 at 1:50 AM, alien4u said:

The Shortest way so far without the need of calling _Excel_RangeRead():

#include<Excel.au3>
EndWith
For $i = 1 To $countRow
    EndWith
MsgBox(0,"",$lastColvalue)
Next

Regards
Alien.

Added an example how to get the last cell of a column to the wiki.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again.

So I'm still not getting the results that I wanted.

Basically what I am doing is exporting our Lotus Notes Global Address book which I can then look up a user and get their computer name.

But, the LN export will show all of the users computers old and new but I just want the new computer name which is usually the last computer name in the "Client Machine" column.

Computer names are seperated by a ",".

I would like write the last computer name to a new column called "Primary Computer".

Again, any help is very much appriciated. :)

Here is an example of a LN export:

57348067bdad0_LNExport.JPG.0a1f270002efa

What do you get back using the code supplied?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm getting the correct data returned from the org exp I posted however that was in the wrong format.

So with the exp I just posted which is the correct format I am getting a message box with value listed in column C.

data.JPG.6186cd6a6f9e495bcdd4813458e1993

What I would like is to write the last computer name in the new column labled "Primary Comptuer", exp:

ex.JPG.056c90c894b9570c74ef16d71b1e181d.

Well, you'll need to find the last occurrence of a computer name from the returned value, the easiest way would be to use stringsplit and find the last entry in the array using UBound.  Maybe something like this (untested)

#include <Excel.au3>
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, @ScriptDir & "\Excel1.xlsx") ; your workbook here
EndWith
For $i = 1 To $countRow
    EndWith
    MsgBox(0, "", $lastColvalue)
    $aLastComputer = StringSplit($lastColvalue, ",")
    $sLastComputer = $aLastComputer[UBound($aLastComputer) - 1]
    MsgBox(0, "", $sLastComputer)
Next

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm not writing the script for you, you'll have to start doing the work yourself on how to put a value into an Excel sheet. Look in the help file for the Excel functions.

@BrewManNH

Thanks again for your help. :)

#include <Excel.au3>
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, @ScriptDir & "\Test.xlsx") ; your workbook here
EndWith
For $i = 1 To $countRow
    ;MsgBox(0, "", $lastColvalue)
    $aLastComputer = StringSplit($lastColvalue, ",")
    $sLastComputer = $aLastComputer[UBound($aLastComputer) - 1]
    ;MsgBox(0, "", $sLastComputer)
    _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $sLastComputer, "D"&$i, "", "")
    EndWith
Next