newuser1234

Save Opened Excel Files

4 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

I am needing to save an opened Excel file, but the issue that I am running into is that this instance of Excel won't have been opened via the Excel UDF.  I am exporting data as part of a web scrapping process I'm working on, and the data is put into a Excel file from my browser. Is there a way to simply attach an open Excel file to an Excel object in       AutoIT so that I can then use the Excel UDF to manipulate it?

Thanks in advance.

Try _Excel_BookAttach

Yeah that was what I have been attempting, but every example that I've found using _Excel_BookAttach was using a file that has already been saved, and the file is referenced by file path. When I export my scrapped data, it simply opens a new query in Excel and downloads it within the work book, but the workbook  has not been saved.  If I could just figure out how to script the saving of this workbook, I should be set as I have some VBA code that can handle everything else that I need to format my datasets. Am I able to use _Excel_BookAttach in this manner? 

_Excel_BookAttach allows to attach by "Title - Title of the Excel window" as well.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i have to write a value into an excel column.
      I know where it starts from, but i don't know what the end is, last non-empty cell.
      How can i get the number of last non-empty cell?
      Thanks in advance.
      Regards 
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Hi All,
      I have excel file like this
      and i want to cut cell/text from excel to other software.

I have to cut the cell of B column one by one and past into other software
      If Winexists("No Data Found")
      then restore cuted cell and goto next/down side cell
      How to do it ?
    • water
      By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Excel charts.
      Theads: General Help & Support - Example Scripts
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2017-07-21)
      None. The COM error handling related bugs have been fixed.

• Mag91
      By Mag91
      Hey Community,
      cause im too new in the Auto it world i will try it with the your help. hopefully.
      I woud like to know how i can handle my Problem.
      ----
      I have a Excel Data with 362 random numbers.
      For Example:
      1166642335374 1172899897343
      this numbers are a part of the filepath ...example
      D:\Projekte\1166_64233_5374
      as u can see its the first number of the Excel data. After the first 4 numbers it shoud make a "_" than another 5 "_"
      This is my first question. How can i handle this to make it Shell execute.

--------
      Second question:
      If i am in the path.
      For Example:
      D:\Projekte\1166_64233_5374
      the code shoud search for specific PDF Files.
      They are named like: 0050569E364B1ED79B900F73E62660EC.pdf
      the first 15 letters are always the same
      0050569E364B1ED
      when he found this data he has to copy it on a Folder on the Desktop.
      (There can also be 2 or 3 pdfs in one Folder with this letters)
      ----
      Please give me some help :-)

• SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am not sure why I am getting the this error on my second pass of the code.
      1 - $oWorkbook is not an object or not a workbook object
      Any help or advice on my code appreciated. 
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $sExcelFile1 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsm)") Global $sExcelFile2 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "Excel Sheet (*.xlsx;*.xls)|All (*.*)") Global $vRow = 2 If FileExists($sExcelFile2) Then Global $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2,$sExcelFile2) EndIF If FileExists($sExcelFile1) Then Global $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1,$sExcelFile1,Default,Default,"2007") EndIF $oRead = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,"Untitled","A2",3) $oFind = _Excel_RangeFind ($oExcel1,$oRead,"E4:FD92",Default,$xlWhole) $Clip = _ArrayToClip($oFind,"",0,0,"",2,2) Send("{ScrollLock Off}") $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:XLMAIN]") ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("^g")) WinWait("[CLASS:bosa_sdm_XL9]") ; Go To ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("^v")) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("{Enter}")) ControlSend($hWnD, "", "", "{Down " & $vRow & "}") Do $oTime = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,"Untitled","B2",3) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox(0,"Test",$oTime) IF $oTime = "7:10:00 AM" Then $oCalls1 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"C" & $vRow,3) $oCalls2 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"D" & $vRow,3) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", $oCalls1) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", $oCalls2) $vRow = $vRow + 1 ContinueLoop Else $vRow = $vRow + 1 EndIf Until $vRow = 4 1.xlsm
      2.xlsx