Excel cell formatting

4 posts in this topic

Hello again dear forum users!

I just spent 20-30 minutes searching for it in the forums, but so far, I haven't found it. If you happend to have a topic with this question pls link it.

So, I would like to format a cell I inserted in to my excel doc, with excelRangeInsert. I would Like to format it to currency and if possible set decimal places to display to zero.

How do I do that? Didn't find corresponding  _excel UDF, and don't know how to do it with COM.

Thank you for the help

from Helpfile:

Writes value(s) or formula(s) to a cell or a cell range on the specified workbook and worksheet

I don't get it.

If I write something (a string) in to a cell like: =SUM(range) and then I want to instruct the cell to display the value as a kind of currency, how do I do it?

If I read the value, it gives back the function, like =SUM(range) I cant transformt that to integer and Round() it. and add regex USD at the end.

This page in the wiki should give you an idea :)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Active Directory (NEW 2016-08-18 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2016-05-09 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jewtus
      Open any excel file as an array
      By Jewtus
      I've had issues in the past dealing with excel so I decided to cut out the middle man and build a script that would take any file that opens in excel (csv, xml, xls, etc) and convert it into an array so I can handle the raw data in a cleaner way. I used czardas' CSV parser to do this and added a simple save in excel to save it as a csv to parse.
      Func _CreateCSV($fnImportFile) $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") $oExcel.Visible=False $oBook= $oExcel.Workbooks.Open($fnImportFile) $oSheet=$oBook.ActiveSheet $fnMaster=@TempDir&"\"&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&".csv" ConsoleWrite($fnMaster&@CRLF) $oSheet.SaveAs($fnMaster, 6) $oBook.Close(False) $oExcel.Quit $aReturnArray=_CSVSplit(FileRead($fnMaster)) FileDelete($fnMaster) If not @error Then Return $aReturnArray Else Return -1 EndIf EndFunc ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name...........: _CSVSplit ; Description ...: Converts a string in CSV format to a two dimensional array (see comments) ; Syntax.........: CSVSplit ( $aArray [, $sDelim ] ) ; Parameters ....: $aArray - The array to convert ; $sDelim - Optional - Delimiter set to comma by default (see 2nd comment) ; Return values .: Success - Returns a two dimensional array or a one dimensional array (see 1st comment) ; Failure - Sets @error to: ; |@error = 1 - First parameter is not a valid string ; |@error = 2 - Second parameter is not a valid string ; |@error = 3 - Could not find suitable delimiter replacements ; Author ........: czardas ; Comments ......; Returns a one dimensional array if the input string does not contain the delimiter string ; ; Some CSV formats use semicolon as a delimiter instead of a comma ; ; Set the second parameter to @TAB To convert to TSV ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _CSVSplit($string, $sDelim = ",") ; Parses csv string input and returns a one or two dimensional array If Not IsString($string) Or $string = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) ; Invalid string If Not IsString($sDelim) Or $sDelim = "" Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ; Invalid string $string = StringRegExpReplace($string, "[\r\n]+\z", "") ; [Line Added] Remove training breaks Local $iOverride = 63743, $asDelim[3] ; $asDelim => replacements for comma, new line and double quote For $i = 0 To 2 $asDelim[$i] = __GetSubstitute($string, $iOverride) ; Choose a suitable substitution character If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) ; String contains too many unsuitable characters Next $iOverride = 0 Local $aArray = StringRegExp($string, '\A[^"]+|("+[^"]+)|"+\z', 3) ; Split string using double quotes delim - largest match $string = "" Local $iBound = UBound($aArray) For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 $iOverride += StringInStr($aArray[$i], '"', 0, -1) ; Increment by the number of adjacent double quotes per element If Mod ($iOverride +2, 2) = 0 Then ; Acts as an on/off switch $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], $sDelim, $asDelim[0]) ; Replace comma delimeters $aArray[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($aArray[$i], "(\r\n)|[\r\n]", $asDelim[1]) ; Replace new line delimeters EndIf $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], '""', $asDelim[2]) ; Replace double quote pairs $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], '"', '') ; Delete enclosing double quotes - not paired $aArray[$i] = StringReplace($aArray[$i], $asDelim[2], '"') ; Reintroduce double quote pairs as single characters $string &= $aArray[$i] ; Rebuild the string, which includes two different delimiters Next $iOverride = 0 $aArray = StringSplit($string, $asDelim[1], 2) ; Split to get rows $iBound = UBound($aArray) Local $aCSV[$iBound][2], $aTemp For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aArray[$i], $asDelim[0]) ; Split to get row items If Not @error Then If $aTemp[0] > $iOverride Then $iOverride = $aTemp[0] ReDim $aCSV[$iBound][$iOverride] ; Add columns to accomodate more items EndIf EndIf For $j = 1 To $aTemp[0] If StringLen($aTemp[$j]) Then If Not StringRegExp($aTemp[$j], '[^"]') Then ; Field only contains double quotes $aTemp[$j] = StringTrimLeft($aTemp[$j], 1) ; Delete enclosing double quote single char EndIf $aCSV[$i][$j -1] = $aTemp[$j] ; Populate each row EndIf Next Next If $iOverride > 1 Then Return $aCSV ; Multiple Columns Else For $i = 0 To $iBound -1 If StringLen($aArray[$i]) And (Not StringRegExp($aArray[$i], '[^"]')) Then ; Only contains double quotes $aArray[$i] = StringTrimLeft($aArray[$i], 1) ; Delete enclosing double quote single char EndIf Next Return $aArray ; Single column EndIf EndFunc ;==> _CSVSplit ; #INTERNAL_USE_ONLY# =========================================================================================================== ; Name...........: __GetSubstitute ; Description ...: Searches for a character to be used for substitution, ie one not contained within the input string ; Syntax.........: __GetSubstitute($string, ByRef $iCountdown) ; Parameters ....: $string - The string of characters to avoid ; $iCountdown - The first code point to begin checking ; Return values .: Success - Returns a suitable substitution character not found within the first parameter ; Failure - Sets @error to 1 => No substitution character available ; Author ........: czardas ; Comments ......; This function is connected to the function _CSVSplit and was not intended for general use ; $iCountdown is returned ByRef to avoid selecting the same character on subsequent calls to this function ; Initially $iCountown should be passed with a value = 63743 ; =============================================================================================================================== Func __GetSubstitute($string, ByRef $iCountdown) If $iCountdown < 57344 Then Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Out of options Local $sTestChar For $i = $iCountdown To 57344 Step -1 $sTestChar = ChrW($i) $iCountdown -= 1 If Not StringInStr($string, $sTestChar) Then Return $sTestChar EndIf Next Return SetError(1, 0, "") ; Out of options EndFunc ;==> __GetSubstitute  
      The code above is pretty junk (my part at least) so I wanted to improve it... This will return an array of arrays based on the excel file
      #include <Array.au3> Func _GetExcelArrays($fnImportFile) $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") $oExcel.Visible=False $oBook= $oExcel.Workbooks.Open($fnImportFile) $sheetCount=$oBook.Worksheets.Count Local $aReturnArray[$sheetCount] For $x=1 to $sheetCount $oSheet=$oBook.Worksheets($x) $oSheet.Activate $fnMaster=@TempDir&"\"&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&Random(0,24)&Chr(Round(Random(0,24),0)+64)&".csv" $oSheet.SaveAs($fnMaster, 6) $aReturnArray[$x-1]=_CSVSplit(FileRead($fnMaster)) FileDelete($fnMaster) Next $oBook.Close(False) $oExcel.Quit Return $aReturnArray EndFunc  
    • aiter
      _Excel_RangeFind fails
      By aiter
      I have tried to use _Excel_RangFind, but it fails. It even fails in the example in the help file (see example 1).
      This the error
      >Running AU3Check ( from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\_Excel_RangeFind.au3 +>12:09:10 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\_Excel_RangeFind.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Excel.au3" (656) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch.Name.Name $aResult[$iIndex][1] = $oMatch^ ERROR My own code fails with a similar message
      Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeFind($oWorkbook, "john") _ArrayDisplay($aResult) Help please.
    • jloyzaga
      By jloyzaga
      I used to be able to do this below - I obviously have updated my copy of autoit so what do I use in its place?
      Dim $aArrayAUT = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel1)
    • SorryButImaNewbie
      ExcelUDF _RangeInsert (SOLVED)
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello esteem users of this forum!
      I have a little problem with the _excel_rangeinsert.
      I organize an array in the excel (like from A:8 to S:114) with rangesort. I make it ascending according to a code first, then by a country as follow:
      _Excel_RangeSort($ExcelObject, Default, $ColumnOfArrayStart & $CellNumb & ":" & $EndColumnOfArray & $MelysegSzamlalo, $KNKODoszlop & ":" & $KNKODoszlop,$xlAscending,Default,$xlYes,Default,$xlSortColumns,$RENDTAGALLAMoszlop & ":" & $RENDTAGALLAMoszlop,$xlAscending) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeSort Example 1", "Error sorting data." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeSort Report", "Data successfully sorted in range" & $ColumnOfArrayStart & $CellNumb & ":" & $EndColumnOfArray & $MelysegSzamlalo) where $KNKODoszlop is holding the latter of the ID code or somethingcolumn, while $RENDTAGALLAMoszlop is the country code columns latter (PL, UK etc.). This happens without a glitch.
      Now I try to insert 2 new rows everywhere where a) the KNKOD changes, or b ) if the KNKOD the same but the country code is different.
      To do this I played around with this code: (after failing first to do both I try to make it work with one for start)
      Local $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo = $CellNumb + 1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Értesítés", "A $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo : " & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo ) Do Local $KNKODOlvaso1 = _Excel_RangeRead($ExcelObject, Default, $KNKODoszlop & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo) Local $KNKODOlvaso2 = _Excel_RangeRead($ExcelObject, Default, $KNKODoszlop & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo + 1) If $KNKODOlvaso1 <> $KNKODOlvaso2 Then _Excel_RangeInsert($ExcelObject, $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo + 1 & ":2") EndIf $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo = $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo + 1 Until $KNKODOlvaso2 = "" ;and $RENDTAGALLAMOlvaso2 = "" So I have the $Cellnumb which contains the first row of the array im working with (the header, with titels like countrycode) from before this part of the code (Local, in the same function, I tried to cast it to Int, results are the same if I do, It should be int anyway) from it, I "calculate" "$CellaOlvasoSzamlalo" (sorry for Hungarian names ) Then use that to create a Do Until loop to check if the result of a cell is different from the cell beneth it in the KNKOD column, if its different, it should insert 2 rows between them. At least in my mind. After that it incrase the CellaOlvasoSzamlalo to go down to the next cell, and do this until the cell it reads is empty (and of the array).
      I tried to play around with a few different ways, the best I could achive was that it inserted 9 rows to the 2. row. (there were 9 different KNKOD in my test excel). 
      I'm not sure what mi missing, I think that the rangeinsert $Range is read as: "number1:number2" where number1 is the row where I want to insert while number2 is how many rows correct?
      Anyway, I welcome any help or nudge of direction or insight if someone is willing to help.
      Thank you, and have a nice life
    • PINTO1927
      GUICtrlCreateListView Excel
      By PINTO1927
      Hello guys,
      I built a gui where a GUICtrlCreateListView with two columns is present.
      Through an "Import" button I would be able to import the contents of an .xls or .txt.
      Can you help me?