Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheNorwegianUser

Screencapture display "error"

6 posts in this topic

I don't get why the images I take turns up like this, but it seems to me like the screenshot doesn't go from the actual positions specified. It's weird, cause what happends is that when I for example move the mouse over the number 25 on SciTE, the image shows that it's over 19... Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

#include <screencapture.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Hotkeyset("{ESC}", "Terminate")

$gui = GUICreate("", 100, 800, 100, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

_GDIPlus_Startup()
$graphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($gui)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $gui)

While 1
    $scr = _ScreenCapture_Capture("",  0, 0, 100, 800)
    $bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($scr)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($scr)
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($graphics, $bitmap, 0, 0)
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($graphics)
    _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($bitmap)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    Exit
EndFunc

When I moved over any number on Scite... It showed the same on the screen capture screen. unlocked i5, 16 gig, ssd hd.

NEWHeader1.png

MouseCoordMode/PixelCoordMode ?!

@TheNorwegianUser: you have a memory leak in your code!

You must dispose $bitmap!

While 1
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($bitmap)
WEnd

Regarding the mouse position: it works on my Win10 notebook properly.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

45 minutes ago, UEZ said:

@TheNorwegianUser: you have a memory leak in your code!

You must dispose $bitmap!

While 1
    _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($bitmap)
WEnd

Regarding the mouse position: it works on my Win10 notebook properly.

Thanks, didn't notice that. It worked fine with a desktop resolution of 1600x900, but not of 1920x1080, so guess the easiest way out is to just change the resolution before running the script.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• timmalos
      Check image on screen and get closest one from library
      By timmalos
      Hello all.
      I'm trying to do something simple, but I can't manage to find where to start since I can have multiple possibilities and not sure what is the best one :
      Taking screen capture (I can do that) On this capture, I'll look for 10 particular regions that will give me 10 images of 40px * 40px (I can do that) Then what I want is for each of these regions, find on my library of ~140 images which one is the closest one to my region (= the match)  
      What do you think is the best approach ? Ican easily do step 1 and 2, however for the third step :
      I can't use memcmp because they won't be exactly the same (original library can differ a very little bit from what I'll get from my screen capture) There is no text, only drawing Should I do a pixelSum of what I get on screen and do the same via GDIPlus for each of my images in the library?  
      Thanks a lot,
      Tim

• LegitStack
      ScreenCapture 4k res - how to get dpi awareness?
      By LegitStack
      Been struggling with this one for a while. 
      when I do a _screencapture_capture call on a high resolution monitor (like my surface book) it gives me an image that has 2 problems:
      1. its in the wrong location on the screen
      and
      2. it gives me a picture that is larger than the area of the screen I selected, though it only has the content of what I selected. 
      ---------------------------
      I was able to easily fix problem #1 by manually adjusting the x y coordinates to compensate for the amount of DPI scale I have.
      for instance if I'm 200% zoomed in the code looks like this:
      Local $bmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", $iX1*2, $iY1*2, $iX2*2, $iY2*2, false)  it's problem #2 that is the big problem. I'd like to attach a screen shot of what I'm talking about (see capture.png)

---------------------------
      Now I basically understand why this is happening. ScreenCapture grabs each pixel of the screen. This screen, being a high resolution, when its zoomed in adds up several pixels to make one on the screen. 
      This is a problem for me because I'm taking images of the screen and later looking for those exact images on the screen. if everything is blown up by an indeterminate amount (in my case 2x) then those images can't be found later on. 
      Does anyone know what I can do? 
      I tried resizing the images back down to no avail. 
      _GDIPlus_ImageResize and _GDIPlus_ImageScale don't work because they don't compress the pixels correctly. quality is lost. and the exact image isn't preserved, so I can't search for it later. (see capture1.png)

Anyway, I'm about to give up, been on this problem for too long! does anyone know what I can do? Seems to me that the ideal solution would be to eventually have autoit add an argument to _screencapture_capture that lets you specify a DPI scale amount or something.  that can be pulled from the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop\windowmetrics\appliedDPI.
      But in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make my program compatible with 4k resolution monitors? I either need to take the screen capture like normal, then scale it down appropriately without losing quality, or I need to capture the screen in the first place like the human sees it. But I don't know how to do that either. 
      I'll post my relevant code here: (in my project I call ScreenCapture_DPI_Aware)
      #include <Security.au3> Func _GetAppliedDPI()   Local $aArrayOfData = _Security__LookupAccountName(@UserName)   If IsArray($aArrayOfData) Then   ;msgbox(64, "SID String = ", $aArrayOfData[0] & @CRLF)   ;msgbox(64, "Domain name = ", $aArrayOfData[1] & @CRLF)   ;msgbox(64, "SID type = ", _Security__SidTypeStr($aArrayOfData[2]) & @CRLF)     ;Local $AppliedDPI = RegRead("HKEY_USERS\" & $aArrayOfData[0] & "\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI") Local $AppliedDPI = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics", "AppliedDPI")     return $AppliedDPI   EndIf EndFunc Func GetScale()   $applied = _GetAppliedDPI()   if $applied == "" then     return 1   else     return $applied / 96   EndIf EndFunc Func ScreenCapture_Capture_DPI_Aware($sBMP_Path, $iX1, $iY1, $iX2, $iY2, $bool)   $R = GetScale() ;Raito   Local $bmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture($sBMP_Path, $iX1*$R, $iY1*$R, $iX2*$R, $iY2*$R, $bool) ;Scaling didn't work: ;_ScaleImage($bmp, $sBMP_Path, abs($iX2 - $iX1), abs($iY2 - $iY1), $R)   ;return _ScreenCapture_Capture($sBMP_Path, $iX1*$R, $iY1*$R, $iX2*$R, $iY2*$R, $bool) EndFunc ;Func _ScaleImage($bmp, $outimage, $w, $h, $scale) ; _GDIPlus_Startup() ;Get the encoder of to save the resized image in the format you want. ; Local $Ext = StringUpper(StringMid($outimage, StringInStr($outimage, ".", 0, -1) + 1)) ; $CLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID($Ext) ; code found here : https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_GDIPlus_ImageSaveToStream.htm ; Local $sImgCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("png") ;create CLSID for a JPG image file type ; Local $tGUID = _WinAPI_GUIDFromString($sImgCLSID) ;convert CLSID GUID to binary form and returns $tagGUID structure ; Local $tParams = _GDIPlus_ParamInit(1) ;initialize an encoder parameter list and return $tagGDIPENCODERPARAMS structure ; Local $tData = DllStructCreate("int Quality") ;create struct to set JPG quality setting ; DllStructSetData($tData, "Quality", 100) ;quality 0-100 (0: lowest, 100: highest) ; Local $pData = DllStructGetPtr($tData) ;get pointer from quality struct ; _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGQUALITY, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, $pData) ;add a value to an encoder parameter list ; Local $gbmp = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($bmp) ; _WinAPI_DeleteObject($bmp) ; Local $gsbmp = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($gbmp, $w * $scale, $h * $scale) ;Local $ext = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID("PNG") ; _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFileEx($gsbmp, $outimage, $sImgCLSID) ; _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($gbmp) ; _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($gsbmp) ; _GDIPlus_Shutdown() ;EndFunc
      Thanks for any help you can give me!!!
    • UEZ
      _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture 0.91 build 2016-09-29
      By UEZ
      Here a small function to mark a region on the desktop and capture that region to a bitmap handle or to the clipboard:
      #include-once #include <Clipboard.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIGdi.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #Region Example ;save the captured bitmap to a file FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Global $hHBitmap = _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture() _WinAPI_SaveHBITMAPToFile(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp", $hHBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap) If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") Then ShellExecute(@ScriptDir & "\Captured.bmp") ;copy captured bitmap to clipboard Switch _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture(1, True) Case 1 MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information", "Marked region was properly captured to clipboard!", 30) Case 0 MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "ERROR", "An error has occured!", 30) EndSwitch #EndRegion ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture ; Description ...: Selected area on desktop will be captured and save to clipbord or GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; Syntax ........: _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture([$iFillMode = 0[, $bClipboard = True]]) ; Parameters ....: $iFillMode - [optional] an integer value. Default is 0. ; 0: marked area filled with solid color ; 1: marked area filled with hatch pattern ($HS_DIAGCROSS) ; 2: marked area without any fill pattern / color - only red border ; $bClipboard - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. If True then no GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; If false then GDI bitmap handle will be returned. ; Return values .: 0 / 1 / -1 / GDI bitmap handle ; Author ........: UEZ ; Version .......: 0.91 build 2016-09-29 ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Do not forget to dispose returned GDI bitmap handle for non clipboard mode using _WinAPI_DeleteObject! ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: Yes ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture($iFillMode = 0, $bClipboard = False) Local $iOld = AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", 1) Local Const $hDesktop = WinGetHandle("[TITLE:Program Manager;CLASS:Progman]") Local Const $aFullScreen = WinGetPos($hDesktop) ;should work also on multi screens Local Const $iW = $aFullScreen[2], $iH = $aFullScreen[3] Local Const $hGUI_Screencapture = GUICreate("", $iW, $iH, $aFullScreen[0], $aFullScreen[1], $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI_Screencapture) Local Const $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hGUI_Screencapture) Local Const $hGfxDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) Local Const $hBitmapGDI = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC, $iW, $iH) Local $hObjOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBitmapGDI) Local $tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE) $tSize.x = $iW $tSize.y = $iH Local $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT) Local $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION) $tBlend.Alpha = 0xFF $tBlend.Format = 1 Local $tDest = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT), $pPoint = DllStructGetPtr($tDest) $tDest.x = $aFullScreen[0] $tDest.y = $aFullScreen[1] Local Const $hPen = _WinAPI_CreatePen($PS_SOLID, 1, 0x0000FF) Local Const $hPen_Orig = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen) Local $hBrush, $iAlpha2, $iFlag $iFillMode = $iFillMode > 2 ? 2 : $iFillMode < 0 ? 0 : $iFillMode Switch $iFillMode Case 0 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_SOLID, 0x808080) $iAlpha2 = 0xA0 $iFlag = $ULW_ALPHA Case 1 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_HATCHED, 0x808000, $HS_DIAGCROSS) $iAlpha2 = 0x30 $iFlag = $ULW_ALPHA Case 2 $hBrush = _WinAPI_CreateBrushIndirect($BS_HOLLOW, 0x000000) $iAlpha2 = 0xFF ;not needed $iFlag = $ULW_COLORKEY EndSwitch Local $hBrush_Orig = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBrush) Local $aMPos, $aMPos_old[4], $tRECT = _WinAPI_CreateRect(0, 0, 0, 0) Do GUISetCursor(16, 1, $hGUI_Screencapture) $aMPos = GUIGetCursorInfo($hGUI_Screencapture) $aMPos_old[0] = $aMPos[0] $aMPos_old[1] = $aMPos[1] $aMPos_old[2] = MouseGetPos(0) $aMPos_old[3] = MouseGetPos(1) Switch $aMPos[2] Case 0 ;display crosshair _WinAPI_BitBlt($hGfxDC, 0, 0, $iW, $iH, $hGfxDC, 0, 0, $CAPTUREBLT) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hGfxDC, $tDest.x, $aMPos[1], $iW, $aMPos[1]) _WinAPI_DrawLine($hGfxDC, $aMPos[0], $tDest.y, $aMPos[0], $iH) _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC, $tDest, $tSize, $hGfxDC, $tSource, 0, $tBlend, $ULW_COLORKEY) Case 1 ;capture selected region $tBlend.Alpha = $iAlpha2 While $aMPos[2] ;mark region GUISetCursor(14, 1, $hGUI_Screencapture) ;WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle())) $aMPos = GUIGetCursorInfo($hGUI_Screencapture) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hGfxDC, 0, 0, $iW, $iH, $hGfxDC, 0, 0, $CAPTUREBLT) ;clear bitmap ;draw rectangle $tRECT.Left = $aMPos_old[0] $tRECT.Top = $aMPos_old[1] $tRECT.Right = $aMPos[0] $tRECT.Bottom = $aMPos[1] _WinAPI_Rectangle($hGfxDC, $tRECT) If $iFillMode <> 2 Then _WinAPI_InvertRect($hGfxDC, $tRECT) _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC, $tDest, $tSize, $hGfxDC, $tSource, 0, $tBlend, $iFlag) Sleep(10) WEnd _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hGfxDC) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmapGDI) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hBrush_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBrush) GUIDelete($hGUI_Screencapture) ;capture region $aMPos[0] = MouseGetPos(0) $aMPos[1] = MouseGetPos(1) Local Const $hDC_Region = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) Local Const $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC_Region) Local Const $iW_Region = Abs($aMPos[0] - $aMPos_old[2]), $iH_Region = Abs($aMPos[1] - $aMPos_old[3]) Local $hHBitmap_Captured = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap($hDC_Region, $iW_Region, $iH_Region) $hObjOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hHBitmap_Captured) _WinAPI_BitBlt($hMemDC, 0, 0, $iW_Region, $iH_Region, $hDC_Region, _ $aMPos[0] > $aMPos_old[2] ? $aMPos_old[2] : $aMPos[0], _ $aMPos[1] > $aMPos_old[3] ? $aMPos_old[3] : $aMPos[1], BitOR($SRCCOPY, $CAPTUREBLT)) Local $hHBitmap_Clipboard = _WinAPI_CopyImage($hHBitmap_Captured, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($LR_COPYDELETEORG, $LR_COPYRETURNORG)) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hHBitmap_Captured, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hHBitmap_Captured) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC_Region) AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", $iOld) If $bClipboard Then ;put captured region to clipboard If Not _ClipBoard_Open(0) Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf If Not _ClipBoard_Empty() Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(2, 0, 0) EndIf Local Const $hCP = _ClipBoard_SetDataEx($hHBitmap_Clipboard, $CF_BITMAP) If Not $hCP Or @error Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return SetError(3, 0, 0) EndIf _ClipBoard_Close() _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBitmap_Clipboard) Return 1 Else Return $hHBitmap_Clipboard EndIf EndSwitch Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hObjOld) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC($hGUI_Screencapture, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hGfxDC) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmapGDI) _WinAPI_SelectObject($hGfxDC, $hPen_Orig) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPen) GUIDelete($hGUI_Screencapture) AutoItSetOption("MouseCoordMode", $iOld) Return -1 EndSwitch Until False EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture Might be useful...

Download:  _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture.au3  (same as above in the code box)

Tested only on Win10 x64 but should work also on other Window versions. If not please reply.

• DrAhmed
      [Solved] Get stream size
      By DrAhmed
      Hey
      I was looking for methode to get the stream size of a picture from memory , wihtout need to write stream data to disk the then use filegetsize 
      Thats what I am trying to do
      #include <gdiplus.au3> #include <memory.au3> #include <staticconstants.au3> _GDIPlus_Startup() Global $ghGDIPDLL = $__g_hGDIPDll While 1 $data = Desk_Stream(50) $data2 = StringSplit($data, "|") $My_Stream_Size = $data2[0] $My_Stream = $data2[1] ;. ;.. ;... Sleep(1000) WEnd _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Func Desk_Stream($Q) Local $hHBmp = _ScreenCapture_Capture("") ;create a GDI bitmap by capturing my desktop Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hHBmp) ;convert GDI bitmap to GDI+ bitmap Local $hBitmap_Scaled = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hBitmap, @DesktopWidth / 2, @DesktopHeight / 2) ;resize image $sStream_Data = _GDIPlus_StreamImage2BinaryString($hBitmap_Scaled, $sQ, False, '') ;coded by UEZ 2013 build 2014-01-25; based on the code ;release resources otherwise memory leak _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hHBmp) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hBitmap_Scaled) Local $data_size = GetStreamSize($sStream_Data) Return $data_size & "|" & $sStream_Data EndFunc ;==>Desk_Stream Func _GDIPlus_StreamImage2BinaryString($hBitmap, $iQuality, $bSave, $sFilename) ;coded by UEZ 2013 build 2014-01-25; based on the code by Andreik Local $sImgCLSID, $tGUID, $tParams, $tData $sFormat = "JPG" $sImgCLSID = _GDIPlus_EncodersGetCLSID($sFormat) $tGUID = _WinAPI_GUIDFromString($sImgCLSID) $tData = DllStructCreate("int Quality") DllStructSetData($tData, "Quality", $iQuality) ;quality 0-100 Local $pData = DllStructGetPtr($tData) $tParams = _GDIPlus_ParamInit(1) _GDIPlus_ParamAdd($tParams, $GDIP_EPGQUALITY, 1, $GDIP_EPTLONG, $pData) Local $hStream = _WinAPI_CreateStreamOnHGlobal() ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms864401.aspx If @error Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToStream($hBitmap, $hStream, DllStructGetPtr($tGUID), DllStructGetPtr($tParams)) If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0) Local $hMemory = _WinAPI_GetHGlobalFromStream($hStream) ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa911736.aspx If @error Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0) Local $iMemSize = _MemGlobalSize($hMemory) If Not $iMemSize Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0) Local $pMem = _MemGlobalLock($hMemory) $tData = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $iMemSize & "]", $pMem) Local $bData = DllStructGetData($tData, 1) _WinAPI_ReleaseStream($hStream) ;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms221473(v=vs.85).aspx _MemGlobalFree($hMemory) Return $bData EndFunc ;==>_GDIPlus_StreamImage2BinaryString Func GetStreamSize($data) ; ?? EndFunc  
    • wakillon
      TinyPicSharer
      By wakillon
      Capture Picture or window with Mouse Drag and upload it to 10 differents pic hosters.

Or drop an Image on the little Frog for upload it directly !

for more details see :