Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mond1106

help loop parameter

5 posts in this topic

how do I break the loop if my program is stuck in it without exiting the whole program?

i just want it to start from the beginning of the code here is my program

While 1

$picture = "target.png"

$result = _ImageSearch($picture,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

If $result = 1 Then

Send("{4}")
   MouseClick("left",$x1,$y1,1,1)
   Sleep(2000)

Do
   $picture2 = "status.png"
   $result2 = _ImageSearch($picture2,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

Send("{2}")
   Send("{1}")

Until $result2 = 1

as you see if my program doesnt detect  or see picture2 then the loop wont stop.

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

3 hours ago, spudw2k said:

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

Hi is there a way that my program can automatically checked if its stuck in the loop?

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, spudw2k said:

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

I think this timer would do the trick thank you. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• 0Ethan0
      By 0Ethan0
      Ahoy Autoit Community!
      After many trials and errors I am unable to solve a problem I am facing and would appreciate any kind of input or better yet a solution 
      The Premise: An embeded slideshow viewer that runs after double-clicking an item in a ListView (each item will generate a different slideshow images).
      The Setup: GUI with a ListView Control and a simple exit button.
      The Issue: Once double clicked the slide plays however the GUI "locks"/non responsive until the slide is over. Same thing if I click on the "Test" button.
      The Culprit: I believe since it's in the images loop it can't accept any other commands until that loop is over.
      The Wish: I want to be able to use the GUI functions (selecting other items, clicking on button etc.) while the slideshow plays.
      The Code (stripped and simplified as much as I could):
      #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) HotKeySet("{Esc}", "_Exit") Global $c=0 Global $ssGDI[3], $ssGraphic[2], $ssImage Global Const $bg_color = "000000" Global Const $ssW = 480, $ssH = 320 Global $aFiles = _FileListToArrayRec("d:\testStage\", "*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp;*.gif;*.JPG;*.PNG;*.BMP;*.GIF", $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_NORECUR ,$FLTAR_SORT ,$FLTAR_FULLPATH ) $guiW = 1200 $guiH = 726 $mainWindow = GUICreate("Slideshow Viewer", $guiW, $guiH, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 0, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "_Exit") $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Test", 60, 0, 50, 50) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "Test") Global $ListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Entry Name|Category", 5, 75, 195, 280) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 0, 100) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth ($ListView, 1, 100) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_GRIDLINES) GUICtrlSendMsg($ListView, $LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 1|Category 1", $ListView) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Name 2|Category 2", $ListView) screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH, 690, 100) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $mainWindow) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_Notify_Events") While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _Exit() EndSwitch WEnd Func Test() For $k = 1 To UBound($aFiles) - 1 screenshotWidgetTransition($aFiles[$k]) Next EndFunc Func ListView_Click() ConsoleWrite("Left Click") EndFunc Func ListView_DoubleClick() ConsoleWrite("Double Left Click") Test() EndFunc Func WM_Notify_Events($hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWndGUI, $MsgID, $wParam Local $tagNMHDR, $event, $hwndFrom, $code $tagNMHDR = DllStructCreate("int;int;int", $lParam) If @error Then Return $event = DllStructGetData($tagNMHDR, 3) Select Case $wParam = $ListView Select Case $event = $NM_CLICK ListView_Click () Case $event = $NM_DBLCLK ListView_DoubleClick () EndSelect EndSelect Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc Func screenshotWidgetTransition($image, $delay = 0, $speed = 1, $sleep = 2000) Local $a, $d = $c, $iX, $iY $ssImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($image) $iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($ssImage) $iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($ssImage) $FDesktop=$ssH/$ssW $Fact =1 If $iX > $ssW And $FDesktop > ($iY/$iX) Then $Fact=$ssW/$iX ElseIf $iY > $ssH Then $Fact=$ssH/$iY EndIf $H1 = Round(($Fact * $iY),0) $W1 = Round(($Fact * $iX),0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImageRect($ssGraphic[$d], $ssImage,($ssW - $W1)/2, ($ssH - $H1) / 2,$W1,$H1) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 0) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[$d], "", 1) For $a = 0 To 254 Step $speed WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", $a) Sleep($delay) Next WinSetTrans($ssGDI[$d], "", 254) WinSetOnTop($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[Not ($d)], "", 0) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[Not ($d)]) $c = 1 - $d _GDIPlus_ImageDispose ($ssImage) ; very important to realease the pics Sleep($sleep) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetTransition Func screenshotWidgetInit($ssW,$ssH,$ssX,$ssY) $ssGDI[2] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, $ssX, $ssY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $mainWindow) $ssGDI[0] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) $ssGDI[1] = GUICreate("", $ssW, $ssH, 3, 3, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_MDICHILD, $ssGDI[2]) ; GUISetBkColor("0x" & $bg_color, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[2]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[0]) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $ssGDI[1]) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[0], "", 0) WinSetTrans($ssGDI[1], "", 0) _GDIPlus_Startup() $ssGraphic[0] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[0]) $ssGraphic[1] = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($ssGDI[1]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[0], "0xFF" & $bg_color) _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($ssGraphic[1], "0xFF" & $bg_color) EndFunc ;==>screenshotWidgetInit Func _Exit() _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($ssImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[0]) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($ssGraphic[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[0]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[1]) GUIDelete($ssGDI[2]) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit I hope someone can shed light on this; perhaps a different approach is needed?
      Thank you in advance!
      P.S.
      The script is patched from different scripts of different users in the forum - thank you again users!
    • Patryk
      By Patryk
      Dear Colleagues,
      I have no idea how to refer to style.display in my loop. There is a button like: 
      <input name="ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento" class="button" id="bodyPlaceholder_btnFecharProcessamento" style="display: none;" onclick="FecharJanelaProcessamento();return false;" type="submit" value="Fechar"> I want it to be clicked as soon as button's style change from style="display: none;" to  style= ="display: inline-block;" 
      This is what I got, but it's not working...
      Func GetButtons() $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oForm,"ctl00$bodyPlaceholder$btnFecharProcessamento",-1) $i = 0 While $i <> 1 For $oBtn In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oBtn) = "Fechar" And $oBtn.document.style.display = "display: inline-block;" Then $i = 1 _IEAction($oBtn, "focus") _IEAction($oBtn, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next WEnd EndFunc  
      I will really appreciate if you could help me with these loop!
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How to repeat my script when my control class does not match ?

My Script : winActivate ( " PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]")                   ControlClick ( "PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]", "", "[NAME:btnSavebyFP]")                   ControlSend(" PS :: Version - 2.2.0.0  - [PS Bill]", "", "[NAME:btnSavebyFP]", "{enter}")                   WinActive ("Verification Number Entry ::")                   ControlClick("Next >", "","[NAME:btnNext]") ;if   >>>> Control <<<<  does not match repeat my script, ;if match exit script  

Class:    WindowsForm734a
      Instance:    15
      ClassnameNN:    WindowsForm34a15
      Name:    BillPrint
      Advanced (Class):    [NAME:BillPrint]
      ID:    7875
      Text:    
      Position:    39, 310
      Size:    1221, 306
      ControlClick Coords:    745, 20
      Style:    0x56010000
      ExStyle:    0x00000000
      Handle:    0x00000000000C0468
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I am not sure why I am getting the this error on my second pass of the code.
      1 - $oWorkbook is not an object or not a workbook object
      Any help or advice on my code appreciated. 
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Global $sExcelFile1 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsm)") Global $sExcelFile2 = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "Excel Sheet (*.xlsx;*.xls)|All (*.*)") Global $vRow = 2 If FileExists($sExcelFile2) Then Global $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel2 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel2,$sExcelFile2) EndIF If FileExists($sExcelFile1) Then Global $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open () $oExcel1 = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel1,$sExcelFile1,Default,Default,"2007") EndIF $oRead = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,"Untitled","A2",3) $oFind = _Excel_RangeFind ($oExcel1,$oRead,"E4:FD92",Default,$xlWhole) $Clip = _ArrayToClip($oFind,"",0,0,"",2,2) Send("{ScrollLock Off}") $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:XLMAIN]") ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("^g")) WinWait("[CLASS:bosa_sdm_XL9]") ; Go To ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("^v")) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("{Enter}")) ControlSend($hWnD, "", "", "{Down " & $vRow & "}") Do $oTime = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,"Untitled","B2",3) If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox(0,"Test",$oTime) IF $oTime = "7:10:00 AM" Then $oCalls1 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"C" & $vRow,3) $oCalls2 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oExcel2,Default,"D" & $vRow,3) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", $oCalls1) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) ControlSend($hWnd, "", "", $oCalls2) $vRow = $vRow + 1 ContinueLoop Else $vRow = $vRow + 1 EndIf Until $vRow = 4 1.xlsm
      2.xlsx
    • mihaijulien
      By mihaijulien
      Hello,
      I compiled a script I made that takes a command line parameter (the version of a .msi installer) when launched. The script was compiled with the /console option. The script (.au3) works fine but the executable returns  the following error:  
      Error: array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded