Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mond1106

help loop parameter

5 posts in this topic

how do I break the loop if my program is stuck in it without exiting the whole program?

i just want it to start from the beginning of the code here is my program

While 1

$picture = "target.png"

$result = _ImageSearch($picture,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

If $result = 1 Then

Send("{4}")
   MouseClick("left",$x1,$y1,1,1)
   Sleep(2000)

Do
   $picture2 = "status.png"
   $result2 = _ImageSearch($picture2,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

Send("{2}")
   Send("{1}")

Until $result2 = 1

as you see if my program doesnt detect  or see picture2 then the loop wont stop.

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

3 hours ago, spudw2k said:

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

Hi is there a way that my program can automatically checked if its stuck in the loop?

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, spudw2k said:

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

I think this timer would do the trick thank you. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• IamKJ
      By IamKJ
      So I have a lot of different functions in the little program I'm making.  Most of them use the Do statement, such as finding images, clicking buttons, etc.

The question I have is how would I be able to both
      1) Create a hotkey to pause whatever I am doing at the moment.  If I have to put something into every function in the program, I don't mind.
      2) Create a hotkey to exit whatever I am doing and stop all loops or commands and bring back the main GUI?
    • nlta1992
      By nlta1992
      I want creat GUI, have button 1 to 10, but only use loop for ... to ... step ... next.
      Thanks.
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I keep losing the count of my $r varable when I go into the dropdown () function and call the same function.
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include<EditConstants.au3> #include<GUIConstants.au3> Global $iBox, $oExcel, $oWorkbook, $r = 1, $x = 3 HowMany() Excel () Dropdown () Sleep (500) Func Dropdown () $list = GUICreate("Chart", 225, 80) $combobox = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Clinic 1", 10, 10, 120, 20) GUICtrlSetData(-1, "Clinic 2|Clinic 3|Clinic 4") $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select", 10, 40, 60, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $guibox = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $guibox = $button Select Case GUICtrlRead($combobox) = "Clinic 1" GUIDelete($list) Auto () EndSelect Case $guibox = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndSelect WEnd EndFunc Func HowMany() Local $iMsg While 1 ;~ Turn input into a number $iBox = Number(InputBox ("Regestration", "How Many Patients are there total?")) ;~ If user enters a string or cancels then get them to try again If $iBox = 0 Then $iMsg = MsgBox(1,'Regestration', 'Please enter a valid number') If $iMsg = 2 Then Exit Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd EndFunc Func Excel() While ProcessExists("EXCEL.EXE") $ms = MsgBox(5,"","Process error. You have an Excel sheet open. You must close it in order to let this program work. Please close it now.") If $ms=2 Then Exit ;~ Doesn't require sleep since the script is paused by the MsgBox above ;~ Sleep(250) WEnd ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script Local $sExcelFile = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsx)") If FileExists($sExcelFile) Then ;~ Shouldn't use Global Scope inside functions moved to top of script $oExcel = _Excel_Open () $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel,$sExcelFile) ;this will open the chosen xls file. Else $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 2);this is here to create the xls file if it does not exist. EndIf EndFunc Func Auto() Local $aArray1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook) ;~ If $iBox is greater than no. of rows in $aArray then $iBox equals the number of rows in $aArray If $iBox > (UBound($aArray1) - 1) Then $iBox = UBound($aArray1) - 1 For $i = 2 To UBound($aArray1) - 1 ;$i =0 Start from row A If $aArray1[$i][1] = "" Then Continueloop $sR0 = $aArray1[$i][0] ;status $sR1 = $aArray1[$i][1] ;Last Name $sR2 = $aArray1[$i][2] ;First Name $sR3 = $aArray1[$i][3] ;DOB $sR4 = $aArray1[$i][4] ;Sex $sR5 = $aArray1[$i][5] ;Mailling Address $sR6 = $aArray1[$i][6] ;Zip $sR7 = $aArray1[$i][7] ;Phone # $sR8 = $aArray1[$i][8] ;Visit Reason $sR9 = $aArray1[$i][9] ;Insurance $sR10 = $aArray1[$i][10] ;Clinic $sR11 = $aArray1[$i][11] ;Provider $sR12 = $aArray1[$i][12] ;Appt Time $sR13 = $aArray1[$i][13] ;Appt Date WinWaitActive ("Untitled - Notepad") ControlSend("Untitled - Notepad", "", "", $sR1 & ',' & $sR2 & @CR) $r += 1 If $r > $iBox Then Exit Dropdown () Next EndFunc so the second time I choose clinic 1 I want it to go to the next row which would be Champ brett in my example excel.

Test.xlsx
      Example Format.xlsx
    • kevin42036
      By kevin42036
      Hi All,

I am new to AutoIt and programming in general so any help would be greatly appreciated! 

I am trying to create a script mainly using MouseClick and WinWait in order to automate some web processes. However, due to the lag time of the web pages and fields, sometimes my script does not run properly and I need to rerun it. I am trying to create a script that will check to see if the final line of the script was properly executed and if not, rerun the program and increase a count. Ultimately I would like some sort of report that tells me how many times it took to run to completion and total time. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which functions I can use to accomplish this? I am also open to any suggestions on a better process to ensure that my program runs to completion.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
    • SkysLastChance
      By SkysLastChance
      I know this code is not pretty by any means, but it will not loop. I have used this loop several diffrend times. 
      When I take out the this if statment it loops forever so I am guessing ti has to do with this.
      Any ideas on cleaning up code is appreciated too.
      If $r > $sBox Then Exit Endif #include <Excel.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $sBox = InputBox ("Vital Site", "How Many Times") Excel () Logon () Sleep (2000) Auto () Func FormatDate($DATE) $SPLIT = StringSplit($DATE," ") $MM = StringMid($SPLIT[1],5,2) $YYYY = StringLeft($SPLIT[1],4) $DD = StringMid($SPLIT[1],7,2) Return $MM & "/" & $DD & "/" & $YYYY EndFunc Func Terminate() Exit EndFunc HotKeySet(("{ESC}"),"Terminate") Func Excel () While ProcessExists("EXCEL.EXE") $ms = MsgBox(5,"","Process error. You have an Excel sheet open. You must close it in order to let this program work. Please close it now.") If $ms=2 Then Exit Sleep(250) WEnd Global $sExcelFile = FileOpenDialog("Choose/Create Excel File", @ScriptDir, "(*.xlsx)") If FileExists($sExcelFile) Then Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open () $oExcel = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel,$sExcelFile) ;this will open the chosen xls file. Else $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel, 2);this is here to create the xls file if it does not exist. EndIf EndFunc Func Logon () $portal = ShellExecute ("C:\Program Files (x86)\MEDITECH\SSDWEB.Universe\SSDWEB.LIVEF.Ring\Client.mtad") ;MediTech WinWaitActive ("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "MagicFS Dispaly5") Sleep (300) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{F12}")) Sleep (700) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) Sleep (700) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{DOWN}")) Sleep (700) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) Sleep (700) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) Sleep (700) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{RIGHT}")) EndFunc WinWaitActive ("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "MagicFS Dispaly6") Func Auto () $r = 1 Local $aArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oExcel, Default, Default,1) For $i = 1 To UBound($aArray) - 1 ;$i =0 Start from row A $sR0 = $aArray[$i][0] ;status $sR1 = $aArray[$i][1] ;first name $sR2 = $aArray[$i][2] ;Last name $sR3 = $aArray[$i][3] ;Last 4 SSN $sR4 = $aArray[$i][4] ;DOB $sR5 = $aArray[$i][5] ;Email Address $sR6 = $aArray[$i][6] ;Mailling Address $sR7 = $aArray[$i][7] ;City $sR8 = $aArray[$i][8] ;state $sR9 = $aArray[$i][9] ;Zip Code $sR10 = $aArray[$i][10] ;Gender $sR11 = $aArray[$i][11] ;Phone ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{F8}")) Sleep (500) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{F8}")) Sleep (500) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("N")) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{TAB}")) Sleep (3000) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR1 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{TAB}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR2 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{TAB}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR6& @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{TAB}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR7 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR8 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR9 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR11& @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR5 & @CR) ;Email7 Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR5 & @CR) ;Email Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", (FormatDate($sR4) & @CR)) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR10 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "Edit1", $sR3 & @CR) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{F8}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("P")) Sleep (200) $sBox = MsgBox($MB_OK & $MB_TOPMOST,"Patient Portal","After you have entered the patient push OK") Sleep (300) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{F8 3}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS]", "", "", ("{ESC}")) Sleep (200) ControlSend("[CLASS:MagicFS Modal(3)]", "", "", ("{ENTER}")) $r = $r + 1 If $r > $sBox Then Exit Endif Next EndFunc