Masum

Excel write in cell not replace

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is there a way to write a string to a cell in Excel without replacing what may be already in that cell? Can this be achieved with a single function? Or will I need to read any potential data first, then join it, and then write to that cell? As the write function replaces what is already in the cell.

Thanks

Correct:

Or will I need to read any potential data first, then join it, and then write to that cell?

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks for confirming.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi all,
      i have an empty csv file, i have a non formatted text file.
      What do i want to do?
      I want to automate the process "get external data" in Excel, i want to import the data from the text file and basically create a csv file with a specific character encoding.
      Is it possible with AutoIT?

• breakbadsp
      By breakbadsp
      I  want to create a excel file from my script if it does not exist.
      _ExcelBookOpen throws error=2 if file does not exist, after this error i want to create new file at this point.
      can i use _FileCreate()?
      _Logger($sLogPath, "{INFO}------: Opening Excel File: " & $sExcelPath& "") While 1 Local $oExcelTestResult = _ExcelBookOpen($sExcelPath) If @error = 2 Then If not _FileCreate($sResExcelPath) Then MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error In Opening REsult Excel File: Error: " & String(@error)) _Logger($sLogPath, "{ERROR}------: Result Excel File does not exist.. tried to create new but :ERROR : " & String(@error) & "") ExitLoop Else _Logger($sLogPath, "{INFO}------: Result Excel File does not exist.. **Created New**: ") EndIf Else ExitLoop EndIf WEnd  
    • LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i have to store an entire row of a Excel workbook into an array.  The row index is stored in a variable.
      How can i do it?
      Thanks in advance for your support.
    • LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i have to write a value into an excel column.
      I know where it starts from, but i don't know what the end is, last non-empty cell.
      How can i get the number of last non-empty cell?
      Thanks in advance.
      Regards 
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Hi All,
      I have excel file like this
      and i want to cut cell/text from excel to other software.

I have to cut the cell of B column one by one and past into other software
      If Winexists("No Data Found")
      then restore cuted cell and goto next/down side cell
      How to do it ?