Sign in to follow this  
snaileater

_Excel_RangeInsert error ... ?

I'm trying the Excel.udf, my starting point are the examples found in the help.

My problem is that i can't find any working example of _Excel_RangeInsert ... made many tries but i can't find the reason why ...

New/existing Worbook nothing changes ... i tried _Excel_RangeWrite without any problem, but with _Excel_RangeInsert i always get an @error=3 and @extended=-2147352562 ...

What could i be missing ?

Here's the minimalistic snippet i'm playing with :

Local $sWorkbook = @ScriptDir & "\pixel.xls"
Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sWorkbook)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel ...", "Error opening '" & $sWorkbook & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

$dummy=_Excel_RangeInsert($oWorkbook.Activesheet, "1:3")
If @error Then
   $a=@extended
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel ...", "Error inserting" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
Else
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel ...", "Rows successfully inserted")
EndIf

ConsoleWrite ($dummy & chr(13) & $a & Chr(13))

I tried every possible (...) syntax for the range object, without success ... 

I use the latest releases of AutoIt and Office 97 ...

Thanks for your help ...

Works fine here with AutoIt 3.3.12.0 and Excel 2010.

the value of @extended stands for: 0x8002000E - DISP_E_BADPARAMCOUNT - invalid number of parameters.

As the Excel UDF has been tested with Excel 2003 and later I'm sure Excel 97 does not support a parameter passed by the UDF.
I fear you need to switch to a newer version of Excel or use the old Excel UDF that comes with AutoIt 3.3.8.1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-30 - Version 1.6.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cristin
      Dear all,
      first of all hi.
      I`m in trouble, again 😕
      I can`t find right solution, tried all possible combinations generated by my mind and nothing.
      I need to copy range of values depending by values from two different cells in excel sheet.
      I put an example in attachment.

I have two values which is never changed (is changed only TEXT). I need to copy all the rows from VALUE 1 to VALUE 2 in new Sheets (Output 1, Output 2, ... , Output X).
      It is possible to do this using Autoit? 🤔
      Also in attachment you can find last example which I have tried and it`s something near, it is copying by _Excel_RangeFind row with needed VALUE 1 but I need to copy whole range from VALUE 1 to VALUE 2 😵 ( see in attachment examples).
      Thank you very much, in advance, for your support, solution really will make my life much easier 🙃
      Have a nice day all of you!
      Best Regards,
      Cristin
      Book1.xlsx something.au3
    • By sudeepjd
      I was looking for a UDF using which I could Add and Update Pivot tables and Pivot Charts in Excel easily and could not find one that I could use. So I build this UDF. 
      It has the following functions :
      _ExcelPivot_CreateCache ; Easily Create a pivot table data cache from a Sheet _ExcelPivot_CreateTable ; Create a table from a cache at a specified location on the sheet _ExcelPivot_RefreshTable ; Refresh the datatable data with a new cache _ExcelPivot_AddField ; Add a Field and Aggregate function to the Datatable _ExcelPivot_AddFilter ; Adds in the Filter to a specific field _ExcelPivot_ClearFilter ; Removes the filter for a field or all the filters in the table _ExcelPivot_GetRange ; Get specific areas of a Pivot as a Range Object _ExcelPivot_AddChart ; Add a Pivot Chart linked to a specific Pivot table Attached the UDF to this post.
      Please do let me know if I can improve or add additional functions to it.
      A detailed example on the usage is below. The excel file and the example can be downloaded from the Example.zip file attached.
      #include "ExcelPivot.au3" $oExcel = _Excel_Open() $oBook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, @ScriptDir & "\TestPivot.xlsx") ;Create a Sheet to put the pivot into $pSheet = _Excel_SheetAdd($oBook, -1, False, 1) $pSheet.Name = "Pivot" ;Get the cache for the pivot table $pCache = _ExcelPivot_CreateCache($oBook, "Data") ;Add in the Pivot Table from the Cache _ExcelPivot_CreateTable($pCache, $pSheet, "A1", "FruitsPivot") ;Add in the Fields into the Pivot _ExcelPivot_AddField($pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "Category", "Filter") _ExcelPivot_AddField($pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "Product", "Row") _ExcelPivot_AddField($pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "Amount", "Value", "Sum", 1) ;Add in a Running total to the Pivot _ExcelPivot_AddField($pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "Amount", "Value", "Sum", 2, "PercentageRunningTotal", "Product") ;Filter only the fruits _ExcelPivot_Filter($pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "Category", "Fruit") ;Draw a Paretto Chart $chart = _ExcelPivot_AddChart($oBook, $pSheet, "FruitsPivot", "ColumnClustered", "Paretto", "E2", 570) $chart.Chart.FullSeriesCollection(1).ApplyDataLabels $chart.Chart.FullSeriesCollection(2).ChartType = 4 ;Change the percentage to a line graph $chart.Chart.FullSeriesCollection(2).AxisGroup = 2 ;Move it to secondary axis $chart.Chart.Axes(2, 2).MaximumScale = 1 ;Adjust to scale to 100% max  

ExcelPivot.au3 Example.zip
    • By Page2PagePro
      Excel VBA's IDE registers a Control-y as "cut this line of code".
      For those prone to Undo/Redo (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y) you may find frustration when your code in the editor does not redo, but in fact clears your active line of code while killing redo history.
      Though not perfect, I keep this tool running in background on startup.
      The purpose is to allow Cltr+Y to act normally throughout Windows and Office and only interact *differently* with the "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications" window that is active.
      If the Standard Menu bar exists, it'll try to click the ReDo (Blue Arrow to the right), else "Alt+e, r" keystrokes (less desired).

Here's the code:
      Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) HotKeySet("^y", "TriggerRedo") While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Func TriggerRedo() ConsoleWrite("TriggerRedo()" & @CRLF) Local $title = "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications - " Local $hWnd If WinExists($title) And WinActive($title) Then ;~ Parent Window Handle $hWnd = WinGetHandle($title) Local $aWindowPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) ;~ Control Bar Handle, Position and If Visible Local $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBar; TEXT:Standard;]" Local $hStandardBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) Local $bIsVisible = ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControlID, "IsVisible") If $hStandardBar And $bIsVisible Then ConsoleWrite("Using Mouse Click." & @CRLF) ;~ Determine Redo button location on visible Control Bar Local $aBarPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $sControlID) Local $mX = $aWindowPos[0] + $aBarPos[0] + 217 + Int(23/2) Local $mY = $aWindowPos[1] + $aBarPos[1] + 27 + Int(22/2) MouseClick("Left", $mX, $mY, 1, 0) Else ConsoleWrite("Using VBA Send Keys." & @CRLF) $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBar; TEXT:Menu Bar;]" Local $hMenuBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) ControlSend($hWnd, "", $hMenuBar, "!e") ;~ Send("r") $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBarPopup; TEXT:Edit;]" Local $hPopupBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) ControlSend($hWnd, "", $hPopupBar, "r") EndIf Else ConsoleWrite("Using NATIVE Send Keys." & @CRLF) HotKeySet("^y") Send("^y") ;~ may cause "yyy..." when held HotKeySet("^y", "TriggerRedo") EndIf EndFunc ;==>TriggerRedo Hope this inspires someone.

• By siawpo
      Hi,
      I'd like to change different colors for different portion of text in same cell of Excel application.
      Neither character length nor cell might not fixed.
      Here's the code I've tried to put together but not manage to pull it off.
      I'm appreciate it for any suggestion, thank you.
      $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application") With $oExcel ; open new workbook .Visible = True .WorkBooks.Add .ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Select() EndWith $oExcel.Cells.Font.Color = 0x000000 $oExcel.ActiveFont.Color = -16776961 Send ("'I'd like this sentence to be red'") Sleep(100) Send ("{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}") Sleep(100) $oExcel.ActiveCell.Selection.Font.Color = 0x000000 Send ("'I like this sentence to be black'") Sleep(100) Send ("{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}") Sleep(100) $oExcel.ActiveFont.Color = -16776961 Send ("'I'd like this sentence to be red again'") Sleep(100) Send ("{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}") Sleep(100) Send("{ENTER}")  
    • By Langmeister
      Hi, I'm sure that this is a simple question regarding webdriver udf but my search on the forum did not result in the exact same scenario that I need. I will adapt it to my corporate needs but at first I want it to work with an example everybody can reproduce if needed.
      I navigate to https://www.daysoftheyear.com/ and want to find out what special day today is. Using the following Code returns the wanted text that today is 'shark awareness day' in the console but it is not pasted in notepad as it is not copied as it probably should be.
      #include "wd_core.au3" #include "wd_helper.au3" Local $sDesiredCapabilities, $sSession, $sID _WD_Option("Driver", "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\chromedriver.exe") _WD_Option('Port', 9515) _WD_Option('DriverParams', '--log-path="' & @ScriptDir & '\chrome.log"') $sDesiredCapabilities = '{"capabilities": {"alwaysMatch": {"goog:chromeOptions": {"w3c": true }}}}' _WD_Startup() $sSession = _WD_CreateSession($sDesiredCapabilities) _WD_Navigate($sSession, "https://www.daysoftheyear.com/?timezone_offset=nan") _WD_LoadWait($sSession) Sleep(3000) Local $sElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "/html/body/div[2]/header/div/div[1]/div/div[2]/h3/a") _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $sElement, 'text') ClipGet() Run("notepad.exe") Sleep(500) Send("^v") Scite returns this, therefore the text has been found but the last mile to paste it to notepad or excel does not work for me.
      __WD_Get: URL=HTTP://127.0.0.1:9515/session/b72166b774d7fefb258b3721fc1d4306/element/657e6b5d-31a9-46a8-85c4-acb7f72bf659/text __WD_Get: StatusCode=200; $iResult = 0; $sResponseText={"value":"Shark Awareness Day"}... _WD_ElementAction: {"value":"Shark Awareness Day"}... Thanks in advance!