Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StillLearningThisStuff

Merge 2 x 1d temp arrays into one 2d array

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Summary: I have a basic piece of code that is to be a part of a much larger project; I just can't seem to get the right output. I'm retrieving two lots of powershell data into 2 x 1d arrays and trying to add them into a single 2d array. Retrieving the data together into the 2d array seemed harder, due to the application names varying too much to string split. Data being pulled is application name and GUID. From here I will use this info in a drop down box and an uninstall button to run the required command to remove the selected software (have this sorted already).

Problem: When I merge the data it doesn't put the application name and GUID on the same row in differing columns eg. my test box has 24 applications plus some superfluous data from Powershell to be cleaned up by the _arraydeletes. Instead I end up with an array with 58 rows and 2 columns; whereas my temp 1d arrays have 28 rows. As you can see I've tried both _ArrayInsert and _ArrayAdd but I still get the same result.

Question: Is there something that I'm doing wrong in putting the data into the 2d array or do I just need to do some more post processing to tidy it up and align the names and GUIDs?

Code:

#include <Array.au3>

$Cmd1 = (" /c Powershell.exe " & Chr(34) & "Get-WmiObject -Class win32reg_addremoveprograms | where {$_.ProdID -like " & Chr(34) & Chr(123) & Chr(42) & Chr(125) & Chr(34) & "} | select DisplayName" & Chr(34))
$Cmd2 = (" /c Powershell.exe " & Chr(34) & "Get-WmiObject -Class win32reg_addremoveprograms | where {$_.ProdID -like " & Chr(34) & Chr(123) & Chr(42) & Chr(125) & Chr(34) & "} | select ProdID" & Chr(34))

Global $aNameGUID[1][2]
;_ArrayDisplay($aNameGUID)
ReadApps($Cmd1,0)
;_ArrayDisplay($aNameGUID)
ReadApps($Cmd2,1)
_ArrayDisplay($aNameGUID)
Terminate()

Func ReadApps($Command,$col)
    $DOS = Run(@ComSpec & $Command, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
    ProcessWaitClose($DOS)
    $DOSOut = StdoutRead($DOS)
    ;MsgBox(0,"Data",$DOSOut) ;Show the line items that we want in the array
    Local $tmpArray = StringSplit(StringTrimRight(StringStripCR($DOSOut), StringLen(@CRLF)), @CRLF)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(0,"FAIL","I failed to find objects")
        Exit
    Else
        _ArrayDisplay($tmpArray)
    EndIf
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 3)
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 2)
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 1)
        ;$tmpArray[0] = $tmpArray[0] - 3
        For $i = 0 To UBound($tmpArray) - 1
            ;_ArrayAdd($aNameGUID, $tmpArray[$i], $col)
            _ArrayInsert($aNameGUID, 0, $tmpArray[$i], $col)
        Next
    $tmpArray = 0
EndFunc ;==>ReadApps

While 1
    Sleep(1500)
WEnd

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc   ;==>Terminate

Thanks in advance,

Luxyboy

Edited by StillLearningThisStuff
update

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Could you not retrieve both the DisplayName and ProdID in a single query?

Get-WmiObject -Class win32reg_addremoveprograms | where {$_.ProdID -like "{*}"} | select DisplayName, ProdID | Format-Table

You could also bypass using PowerShell and just query WMI directly from AutoIt (via COM object) and then format the data any way you want/need.

edit: WMI example

#include <Array.au3>  ;only needed for demo

$objWMIService = WMIService(@ComputerName)  ;WMIService Object - Establish Connection
If $objWMIService = 0 Then Exit

Local $strData[2]= ["DisplayName","ProdID"]  ;Data to Return from WMI Query

$arrResults = WMIQuery($objWMIService,"SELECT * FROM Win32Reg_AddRemovePrograms",$strData)  ;Run WMI Query against WMIService Object
$objWMIService = 0  ;Termninate WMIService Object

_ArrayDisplay($arrResults)

Func WMIService($host) ;Connects to WMI Service
    $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & $host & "\root\cimv2")
    If not IsObj($objWMIService) Then return 0
    return $objWMIService
EndFunc

Func WMIQuery($objWMIService,$strWMIQuery,$arrData) ;Perform WMI Query with Query String and Data Return Parameters
    If not IsArray($arrData) then return 0
    $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery ($strWMIQuery)  ;Execute query against WMI Service Object
    $iCount = $colItems.count
    If $iCOunt <= 0 Then return 0
    $iBound = UBound($arrData)
    Local $arrResults[$colItems.count+1][$iBound] ;Two-Dimension Array to store query Results

For $i = 0 to $iBound-1
        $arrResults[0][$i] = $arrData[$i]
    Next

Local $iIdx = 1
    For $objItem in $colItems
        For $i = 0 to $iBound - 1  ;Loop through WMI Query Results
            ;$arrResults[$iIdx][$i] = $arrData[$i]  ;Property/Data Name
            $arrResults[$iIdx][$i] = Execute("$objitem." & $arrData[$i])  ;Result
        Next
        $iIdx += 1
    Next

return $arrResults  ;Return Result Array
EndFunc

Edited by spudw2k

This should do it:

Func ReadApps($Command,$col)
    $DOS = Run(@ComSpec & $Command, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
    ProcessWaitClose($DOS)
    $DOSOut = StdoutRead($DOS)
    ;MsgBox(0,"Data",$DOSOut) ;Show the line items that we want in the array
    Local $tmpArray = StringSplit(StringTrimRight(StringStripCR($DOSOut), StringLen(@CRLF)), @CRLF)
    If @error Then
        MsgBox(0,"FAIL","I failed to find objects")
        Exit
    Else
        _ArrayDisplay($tmpArray)
    EndIf
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 3)
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 2)
        ;_ArrayDelete($tmpArray, 1)
        ;$tmpArray[0] = $tmpArray[0] - 3
        If UBound($aNameGUID) < UBound($tmpArray) Then ReDim $aNameGUID[UBound($tmpArray)][2]
        For $i = 0 To UBound($tmpArray) - 1
            ;_ArrayAdd($aNameGUID, $tmpArray[$i], $col)
            ;_ArrayInsert($aNameGUID, 0, $tmpArray[$i], $col)
            $aNameGUID[$i][$col] = $tmpArray[$i]
        Next
    $tmpArray = 0
EndFunc ;==>ReadApps

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

You can merge two 1D arrays to produce two columns like this, if that's what you want (see my signature).

#include 'ArrayWorkshop.au3'
Local $aTarget = ['a','b','c'], $aSource = [1,2,3]
_ArrayAttach($aTarget, $aSource, 2)

Edited by czardas

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• MrCheese
      Merge word documents
      By MrCheese
      Hi Guys,
      Firstly, thanks for your  help in the past.
      I have a new activity I need to accomplish.
      In summary:
      * need to read a cell in excel (containing a file name)
      * open the file name in word (as its a word document
      *copy the word document
      *paste the word document into the master document
      *read next cell in excel
      ... and repeat until you reach the bottom of the column.

I can read cells open workbooks etc.
      But as far as copying and pasting in word - where is the best place to start, and what functions should I be looking at. Or even if autoit is the right system to use?
      Thanks

• harvester2001
      Refresh array after one loop
      By harvester2001
      Hi
      I need some help.
      I try ping computers from targets.txt (I have computer name in lines) if they ping I want do something and after that remove pc name from targets.txt. It`s working but problem is when I put this inside loop, because I need run script until all computers will not be removed from the list (targets.txt). I don`t know how to "refresh" array
      Please help
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $PC_list = "\targets.txt" Local $bTargets = FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir& $PC_list) Do _check_ping() ;count_lines Local $file_count_lines = _FileCountLines(@ScriptDir& $PC_list) $i = $file_count_lines ConsoleWrite("na liście "&$i & @CRLF) Until $i = 0 ; IF &i = 0 then show MsgBox MsgBox(1, "xXx", "Finish") ;PING Func _check_ping() For $sPC In $bTargets $var = Ping($sPC, 250) If $var Then ConsoleWrite($sPC &"online"& @CRLF) ;Do something ;Delete $sPC from targets.txt Local $_Array _FileReadToArray ( @ScriptDir& "\targets.txt", $_Array ) $_Array = _DeleteArrayElementWithStringInstr ( $_Array, $sPC ) _FileWriteFromArray ( @ScriptDir& "\targets.txt", $_Array, 1 ) Sleep(200) Else ConsoleWrite($sPC &"offline"& @CRLF) EndIf Next EndFunc ;DELETE LINE FROM TXT Func _DeleteArrayElementWithStringInstr ( $_Array, $_String ) Local $_Item For $_Element In $_Array If StringInStr ( $_Element, $_String ) <> 0 Then _ArrayDelete ( $_Array, $_Item ) Else $_Item+=1 EndIf Next Return ( $_Array ) EndFunc ;==> _DeleteArrayElementWithStringInstr ( )  
    • j0kky
      Assign a value to an array in array element
      By j0kky
      Hi guys,
      talking about array in array, I would like to directly assign a value to an element in an array contained in another array.
      While it is quite simple to access the value if it is already setted:
      Local $a[3] = [1, 2], $b[2] = [3, 4] $a[2] = $b ConsoleWrite(($a[2])[0] & " " & ($a[2])[1] & @CRLF) If I try to write directly to the element, I get an error:
      Local $a[3] = [1, 2] Local $b[2] $a[2] = $b ($a[2])[0] = 1 Is assigning first every value of the contained array and then including it in the container the only way?
    • SorryButImaNewbie
      AutoIt script turns off, because of array is out of bound
      By SorryButImaNewbie
      Hello all!
      I wrote a little script to automate some of my work (for which I'm greatfull).
      I have little problem now. My script get data of currency values from specified time period. The problem, if XY day is a holiday or something, then the bank doesn't have new values for that day, thus my script can ask for "till that date" if there is only data for "till that date-1".
      I should be done with this for tomorrow and I should learn for my test paper tomorrow, make a genetic algorhytm homework, and at least look at a ppt...
      So here is my code, pleas ask if you need more information!
      InternetRead2() ;Creating Date and Arfolyam arrays, using DateInterval read from above (_ArraysDisplayed and function is "tested") ;Calculate and write HUF*OSSZEG Do Local $SZAMLATELJOlvaso = _Excel_RangeRead($ExcelObject, Default, $SZAMLATELJoszlop & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo) Local $Time = StringTrimRight($SZAMLATELJOlvaso, 6) $DateArrayTimeIndex = _ArraySearch($DateArray, $Time, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", $DateArrayTimeIndex) If @error = 6 Then $DateArrayTimeIndex = _ArraySearch($DateArray, $Time-1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", $DateArrayTimeIndex) EndIf If @error = 6 Then $DateArrayTimeIndex = _ArraySearch($DateArray, $Time-2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", $DateArrayTimeIndex) EndIf If @error = 6 Then $DateArrayTimeIndex = _ArraySearch($DateArray, $Time-3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", $DateArrayTimeIndex) EndIf If @error = 6 Then $DateArrayTimeIndex = _ArraySearch($DateArray, $Time-4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1) ;MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", $DateArrayTimeIndex) EndIf $DateArrayTimeIndex = $DateArrayTimeIndex+1 ;Egyébként arraysearch -1et ad vissza, 0nál. Passz Sleep(200) If Not $SZAMLATELJOlvaso = "" Then _Excel_RangeWrite($ExcelObject, $ExcelObject.Activesheet, "=" & $OSSZEGoszlop & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo & "*" & String($ArfolyamArray[$DateArrayTimeIndex]) & "", String($sHUFBeszurOszlop) & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo) If @error Then _Excel_RangeWrite($ExcelObject, $ExcelObject.Activesheet, "=" & $OSSZEGoszlop & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo & "*" & String($ArfolyamArray[$oXML_Node.Length]) & "", String($sHUFBeszurOszlop) & $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo) MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", "Valamilyen okból, nem találok az adott dátumhoz árfolyamot, a keresési idők közül a legutolsó árfolyammal töltöttem ki!" & @CRLF & Number($oXML_Node_Datum)) EndIf EndIf $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo = $CellaOlvasoSzamlalo + 1 Until $SZAMLATELJOlvaso = "" also my internetread2 function :
      Func InternetRead2() ;ezt használja az excelmove ;----------------------------------- ;Original Source: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/184884-solved-basic-com-help-working-on-string-returned-from-api-mi-doing-this-okey/ ;by Genius257 ;TO DO: Some error handling maybe: what if there is no $MinTime/$MaxTime? ;Read the returns in to array for future use --> Right now, 2 arrays one with the dates and one with the exchangerates ;----------------------------------- ;Globals decleared to avoid warnings Global $MinTime ;20160601000000 Global $MaxTime ;20160610000000 Global $MinTimeFormated = StringTrimRight($MinTime, 6) Global $MaxTimeFormated = StringTrimRight($MaxTime, 6) $oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1") If $MaxTimeFormated = "" and $MinTimeFormated = "" Then MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", "Nincsenek beolvasott dátumok a memóriában, dummy dátumokat adok meg!" & @CRLF & "20160901, 20160910") $MinTimeFormated = "20160901" $MaxTimeFormated = "20160905" EndIf $oHTTP.Open("GET", "http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur&datum="&$MinTimeFormated&"&datumend="&$MaxTimeFormated&"", False) $oHTTP.Send() $sXML = $oHTTP.responseText Global $oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM") $oXML.loadXML( $sXML ) $oXML_Nodes = $oXML.SelectNodes("./arfolyamok/deviza/item") Global $ArfolyamArray[$oXML_Nodes.Length] ;MsgBox(64, "Title", "" & $oXML_Nodes.Length & "") ;_ArrayDisplay($ArfolyamArray) Global $DateArray[$oXML_Nodes.Length] For $i=0 To $oXML_Nodes.Length-1 Global $oXML_Node = $oXML_Nodes.Item($i) $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./bank") $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node_Bank.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Bank.Item(0).text:"" Global $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./datum") $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node_Datum.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Datum.Item(0).text:"" $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./penznem") $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node_Penznem.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Penznem.Item(0).text:"" $oXML_Node_Kozeps = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./kozep") $oXML_Node_Kozep01 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(0).text:"" $oXML_Node_Kozep02 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>1?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(1).text:"" $ArfolyamArray[$i] = $oXML_Node_Kozep01 $DateArray[$i] = StringTrimRight(StringReplace($oXML_Node_Datum, "-", ""), 8) ConsoleWrite( "Match [" & StringFormat("%02i", $i+1) & "]:"&@CRLF& _ @TAB&"Bank: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Bank&@CRLF& _ @TAB&"Datum: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Datum&@CRLF& _ @TAB&"Penznem: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Penznem&@CRLF& _ @TAB&"Kozep01: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep01&@CRLF& _ @TAB&"Kozep02: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep02&@CRLF _ ) Next ;_ArrayDisplay($ArfolyamArray) ;_ArrayDisplay($DateArray) EndFunc My problem is that I have dates in my excel till 2016.10.30, but I only have dates till 28.
      (see the api, according to aoutit console, I have the same data: http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur&datum=20161001&datumend=20161030 )
      My idea/goal (with the If @error then... after @SZAMLATELJolvaso part) is that if this happens, I want it to automaticly jump to the last date of the array (I will be able to write something more elaborate, but for now thats my goal, to save the sinking ship )
      Thank yu for your help and insight!
    • skybax
      Array to Listview
      By skybax
      Good morning all,
      I have a question regarding a situation im in...

I have an array with information from sql query, how can i send this information to a listview ?

$citeste_daune = "SELECT `id_dauna`,`data_incident`,`sala`,`autor`,`suma` FROM `daune` WHERE `status`=1;" $sa_citit_daune = _query($sqlinstance, $citeste_daune) Global $aresult[10001][5] = [[10000, 5]] Global $iindex = 0 With $sa_citit_daune While NOT .eof $aresult[$iindex][0] = .fields("id_dauna").value $aresult[$iindex][1] = .fields("data_incident").value $aresult[$iindex][2] = .fields("sala").value $aresult[$iindex][3] = .fields("autor").value $aresult[$iindex][4] = .fields("suma").value $iindex = $iindex + 1 .movenext WEnd EndWith ReDim $aresult[$iindex][5] $aresult[0][0] = $iindex - 1 _ArrayDisplay($aresult) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem(_ArrayToString($aresult), $lista_daune_active)  
      This is what i see when i execure _ArrayDisplay($aresult)