Sandy89

get text of list items from existing GUI

Sandy89

Hello all,

I have seen many solutions to get text of list items from GUI. but I need a solution to retrieve text of list items from an existing GUI, not from a newly created one. 

there is no definite control ID or handle for each items.

I was using navigation keys to select the list item which is not reliable. Somebody please help!

JLogan3o13

@Sandy89 that is nowhere near enough information. What is the application, what kind of control is the text in, what does the text look like (screenshot of the GUI). Help us help you.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Sandy89

I want to select "CCP" option. but sometime there would be more options so drop down will not do the work. screenshot is attached.

also in other case, the text which I want to read is in the drop down menu. always it will changes the position, so I want to read the text and if it matches the one which I want to click, it has to be clicked.

I have used CUIautomation.au3 in one case, even though it is selecting correct coordinates it fails due to the coordinates similarities in 2 places within same class.

in other case, the text of the list item is not visible so CUIautomation.au3 couldn't do its magic.

I tried using image recognition as well, but when screen varies, it fails to select the image.

Edited by Sandy89
Removed screenshot

Sandy89

is it not sufficient for helping me? Somebody please help!

careca

So, the info tool cannot retrieve text from what i understood.

I've no idea what to do.

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

OpenW - Open With... alternative, Open any file with any application, set it's icon, set application as default.

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dadalt95
      By dadalt95
      Hi!
      I want to get the signal in this website:
      https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd
      I have tried using _IEBodyReadText  and some _StringBetween. What happens is that the text are being update every tick and _IEBodyReadText doesn't.
      To perform the update I used  _IEAction($oIE, "refresh") but it's not good because the website block me after some time due too many requests..
      Is there any other way to get this text every tick?
      PS: The text I want to get is WAIT, CALL or PUT.

Here is the code:
      global $oIE = _IECreate ('https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd', 0, 1 , 1 , 0) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') ;MsgBox ( 0, "asf", $result[0]) $espera=StringInStr($result[0], "WAIT") $compra=StringInStr($result[0], "CALL") $venda=StringInStr($result[0], "PUT") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $espera) $n=0 $c=0 Captar() Func Captar() ;_IENavigate($oIE, "https://binary-signal.com/pt/chart/eurusd") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') If (Not $compra=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "COMPRE") $n=1 $c=$c+1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "VENDA") $c=$c+1 $n=1 ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() ElseIf (Not $venda=0) And $n=1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Esperando próxima rodada") $n=1 ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", $n) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Sleep(60000) Captar() Else ;MsgBox("", "", "ESPERE") $n=0 Sleep(1000) ;_IEAction($oIE, "refresh") Local $sText = _IEBodyReadText($oIE) $result = _StringBetween ( $sText , 'PUTEUR/USD on Binary-signal.com', 'sinal está PRONTA') Captar() EndIf EndFunc  
    • vin1
      By vin1
      i need a script that can replace words in text with other words from a words list
      it has to have 2 edit boxes input/output and a button "run"
      from word_list.txt it choses which word to replace with. words are separated with commas for multiple choice

; AutoIt GUI Example ; Created: 17/01/2005 - CyberSlug ; Modifed: 05/12/2011 - guinness ; Modifed: 09/06/2014 - mLipok #Region INCLUDE #include <AVIConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #EndRegion INCLUDE #Region GUI GUICreate("Sample GUI", 400, 420) GUISetIcon(@SystemDir & "\mspaint.exe", 0) #EndRegion GUI #Region EDIT GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 10, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT #Region EDIT2 GUICtrlCreateEdit(@CRLF & " Sample Edit Control", 10, 185, 380, 175) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region EDIT') #EndRegion EDIT2 #Region BUTTON GUICtrlCreateButton("Sample Button", 10, 360, 100, 30) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, '#Region BUTTON') #EndRegion BUTTON #Region GUI MESSAGE LOOP GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd GUIDelete() #EndRegion GUI MESSAGE LOOP  
    • Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I want to copy just the selected text in an input control and put it to the clipboard, but GuiCtrlRead() always reads all of the text in the control.
      In this test code, when I highlight a  portion of the left control's text and press ^C, I want to copy just that text to the clipboard; but when I highlight a  portion of the right control's text and press ^C, I want to copy all of its text to the clipboard.
      #include <Debug.au3> _DebugSetup(@ScriptName & "_debug.txt", False, 2, "") _DebugOut("=============== " & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/" & @YEAR & " " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & " ====================") #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 1) ; ESC closes GUI? (0 = no, 1 = yes) Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Set OnEvent mode Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) OnAutoItExitRegister("Event_GUIClose") Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) ;0=default, 1=just notification, 2=GuiCtrlRead tab index Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase Global $hWnd_MainWin, $iID_Left, $iID_Right _Main() Func _Main() $hWnd_MainWin = GUICreate("test7", 200, 300) $iID_Left = GUICtrlCreateInput("AAA BBB CCC (get Selected text)", 10, 30, 200, 25) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iID_Left, "handle_left_btn") $iID_Right = GUICtrlCreateInput("DDD EEE FFF (get All text)", 10, 60, 200, 25) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($iID_Right, "handle_right_btn") Local $aAccelKeys[1][2] = [["^c", $hWnd_MainWin]] GUISetAccelerators($aAccelKeys) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, 'Event_GUIClose') GUISetState() ; Make everything visible While 1 Sleep(127) WEnd EndFunc ;==>_Main Func handle_CTRL_C_key() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_CTRL_C_key() entered" & @CRLF) Local $hCtrl, $ctrlID, $control_classname, $text $control_classname = ControlGetFocus($hWnd_MainWin) $hCtrl = ControlGetHandle($hWnd_MainWin, "", $control_classname) $ctrlID = _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($hCtrl) If ($ctrlID = $iID_Left) Then $text = GUICtrlRead($ctrlID) ClipPut($text) ConsoleWrite("+++: Copied selected text:" & @CRLF & "==>" & $text & "<==" & @CRLF) ElseIf ($ctrlID = $iID_Right) Then $text = GUICtrlRead($ctrlID) ClipPut($text) ConsoleWrite("+++: Copied all text:" & @CRLF & "==>" & $text & "<==" & @CRLF) EndIf EndFunc ;==>handle_CTRL_C_key Func Event_GUIClose() Exit (99) EndFunc ;==>Event_GUIClose Func handle_left_btn() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_left_btn() entered" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>handle_left_btn Func handle_right_btn() ConsoleWrite("+++: handle_right_btn() entered" & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>handle_right_btn

• jdegraff
      By jdegraff
      I'm trying to add a bit of functionality to the FastStone File Rename dialog. I can access every control that I need to except the one that contains the files to be renamed. If I do some exploring in a vbScript shell I get
      :c  = "TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass1"
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"GetItemCount","","")
      You can see that the treeview control reports having five items, which is the number displayed. If I manually select (mouse) item #3 I can see the result by
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"GetSelected","1","")
      But I do not know how to get the text for the selected item. If "#3" is the item reference then I should be able to
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"GetText","1","#3")
      or
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"GetText","1","#3")
      if I go strictly by the help file, but it returns nothing.
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"Exists","","3")
      So it appears that item 3 exists, but
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"GetText","","3")
      does not have any text???
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"Exists","","9")
      and it also appears item 9 exists (it does not)
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"Select","","")
      causes the first item to be selected, as does
      :?aut.ControlTreeView(win,"",c,"Select","","3")
      Here is the output from the Window Info tool
      >>>> Window <<<<
      Title:  Batch Image Convert / Rename
      Class:  TBatchConvert
      Position:   501, 83
      Size:   760, 520
      Style:  0x16CD0000
      ExStyle:    0x00010100
      Handle: 0x0000000001950796
      >>>> Control <<<<
      Class:  TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass
      Instance:   1
      ClassnameNN:    TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass1
      Name:   
      Advanced (Class):   [CLASS:TTntTreeView.UnicodeClass; INSTANCE:1]
      ID: 37030040
      Text:   
      Position:   354, 79
      Size:   378, 188
      ControlClick Coords:    108, 86
      Style:  0x54010039
      ExStyle:    0x00000200
      Handle: 0x0000000002350898
      >>>> Mouse <<<<
      Position:   970, 279
      Cursor ID:  0
      Color:  0xE1E1E1
      >>>> StatusBar <<<<
      >>>> ToolsBar <<<<
      >>>> Visible Text <<<<
      Batch Rename
      D:\temp\picsave\
      Images + Videos (*.jpg;*.jpe;*.jpeg;*.bmp;*.gif;*.tif;*.tiff;*.cur;*.ico;*.png;*.pcx;*.jp2;*.j2k;*.tga;*.ppm;*.wmf;*.psd;*.crw;*.nef;*.cr2;*.orf;*.raf;*.dng;*.mrw;*.pef;*.srf;*.arw;*.rw2;*.x3f;*.sr2;*.srw;*.nrw;*.rwl;*.eps;*.avi;*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.wmv;*.mov;*.mp4;*.mts;*.mkv;*.m4v)
      Search and Replace
      Use Filename Template
      No Sort
      Clear
      Remove
      Add All
      Add
      Preview
      Close
      Rename
      No Change
      ?