Write strings, listview, and some...

Hi guys! 
How are you? Hope fine :) I'm here for asking you this:
I have a script that shows a listview with checkboxes... The user check the ckeboxes he needs to write in a file... The format I'm using for my file ( and what I need ), is a 5 "string" row, composed from 5 checkboxes the user checked. I managed to write from 1 to 5 checkboxes, but, If the user selected a 6th checkbox, I'm not able to write the listview item on the file...

Can someone help me out please? Thanks :) 

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

2 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Not without seeing your code we can't :)

Since I'm creating some scripts for my company, I can't post the whole code... 
That's what I'm doing:

- Count the item(s) checked with:

For $i = 0 To $iLunghezzaLista - 1
                If _GUICtrlListView_GetItemChecked($listview_Lista, $i) Then
                    $iTagInseriti+=1
                EndIf
            Next
            Switch $iTagInseriti

- The switch is for see how many tags have been checked... 

Case 1
    ; I do something for Case 1...
Case 2 to 4
    ; I do something for Case 2...
Case 5 To 1000000
    ; Here I have to do what I was asking in my post...

This is for looping through the items:

For $i = 0 To $iTagInseriti - 1
    $sRiga = '"' & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($listview_Lista, $i, 1) & '.F_CV"' & ';' & '"0,1"'

In this Case, I have to write surely 5 times a variable ( $sRiga ) concatenated himself, BUT:

- If the item is the first of the row, it has its own format:

$sRigaCompleta&='"' & String($iGruppo) & '"' & ';' & $sRiga

Else...

$sRigaCompleta&=';' & $sRiga

When I reach 5 items on the row, I gotta go @CRLF, write the row to the file, and then start a new row with the same format ( more less ).
The problem is: when I reach 5 items, I go @CRLF, but, If I have a 6th item, I don't know what to do... 

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Can't you post a working reproducible code? It'll be easier to test and get the whole picture.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

10 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@careca

I can't post the whole code... 
In the last post, did I explain what I'd like to develop exhaustively? 

You can post a script that does the same thing as your main script without all of the company related items though. Also, you didn't explain what you want very well, I still don't know what it is you're trying to do with the items that you're reading from the listview, or what isn't working the way you want it to. Explain what you're trying to do in a reproducer script, and then explain what isn't working and how it isn't working.

Also, click the large link in my signature and see what it is we're trying to get from you.

If you can't explain it clearly in English because you may not be that great in it, go to someplace like Google translate and write it out in your native language and post the translation. That might help both of us.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Exactly, from what i could understand, the first item should be unique, then 5 consecutive items at a time, separated by a line feed.

So a way to let the script know it needs to do something every X times. Every 5 strings a @CRLF .

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

1 hour ago, careca said:

Exactly, from what i could understand, the first item should be unique, then 5 consecutive items at a time, separated by a line feed.

So a way to let the script know it needs to do something every X times. Every 5 strings a @CRLF .

I'd like to have 5 strings on a row, each of them is composed automatically... I have a list view from which I retrieve this data that has to be composed and written in a file... The row has to be of MAXIMUM 5 strings, and then, I have to go @CRLF in the file... How can I do this? Thanks...

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Was my post unclear? Post a script that shows what you want to do and then explain where you're having problems with it. Until you post something that someone can run, you're asking us to guess a lot of things.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

33 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

Was my post unclear? Post a script that shows what you want to do and then explain where you're having problems with it. Until you post something that someone can run, you're asking us to guess a lot of things.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ExcelConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <ListBoxConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiToolbar.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### 
$Form = GUICreate("Prova Creator", 624, 495, 192, 125)
Global $listview_Lista = GUICtrlCreateListView("Indice + Inc/Esc|Tag|Descrizione", 0, 47, 508, 448, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES))
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 100)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 100)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 2, 280)
$button_CaricaLista = GUICtrlCreateButton("Apri", 0, 12, 39, 35)
$radio_SelezionaTutto = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Sel. tutto", 520, 80, 81, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial")
$radio_DeselezionaTutto = GUICtrlCreateRadio("Desel. tutto", 520, 104, 89, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 800, 0, "Arial")
$button_Crea = GUICtrlCreateButton("Crea", 38, 12, 39, 35)
$label_Titolo = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Ciao", 134, 8, 120, 33)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 18, 800, 0, "Arial Narrow")
$gruppo_Impostazioni = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Impostazioni", 510, 41, 113, 177)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Arial")
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
GUICtrlSetState($radio_SelezionaTutto, $GUI_DISABLE)
GUICtrlSetState($radio_DeselezionaTutto, $GUI_DISABLE)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

Global $sListaIO, $listview_Lista, $iIndex
Global Static $iLunghezzaLista

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $button_CaricaLista
            CaricaLista()
        Case $radio_SelezionaTutto
            For $j = 0 To $iLunghezzaLista - 1
                _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($listview_Lista, $j, True)
            Next
        Case $radio_DeselezionaTutto
            For $j = 0 To $iLunghezzaLista - 1
                _GUICtrlListView_SetItemChecked($listview_Lista, $j, False)
            Next
        Case $button_Crea
            Crea()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func SelezionaListaIO()
    $sListaIO = FileOpenDialog("Scegli Lista I/O...", @ScriptDir, "All files (*.*)") ; Da cambiare...
    If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Operazione annullata!", "Operazione annullata dall'utente." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
    Else
        Return $sListaIO
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func CaricaLista()
    SelezionaListaIO()
    If($sListaIO <> "") Then
        GUICtrlSetState($radio_SelezionaTutto, $GUI_ENABLE)
        GUICtrlSetState($radio_DeselezionaTutto, $GUI_ENABLE)
        ; Create application object and open an example workbook
        Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False)
        If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Errore!", "Errore durante la creazione dell'oggetto Excel." & @CRLF & "Errore = " & @error & ", Informazioni = " & @extended)
            Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sListaIO, False)
            If @error Then
                MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura della Cartella di Lavoro '" & @ScriptDir & $sListaIO & "'." & @CRLF & "Errore = " & @error & ", Informazioni = " & @extended)
                _Excel_Close($oExcel)
                Exit
            EndIf
            Local $aResult = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default, $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:D"))
            Local $sItem
            $iIndex = Ubound($aResult)
            For $i = 4 To $iIndex - 1
                If($aResult[$i][3] = "") Then
                    ; Do Nothing
                Else
                    $sItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($i & "|" & $aResult[$i][1] & "|" & $aResult[$i][3], $listview_Lista)
                EndIf
            Next
            _Excel_Close($oExcel)
            $iLunghezzaLista = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($listview_Lista)
        Else
            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'importazione della Lista I/O." & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
            Exit
        EndIf
EndFunc

Func Crea()
    Local $sRiga, $sRigaCompleta,  $j = 0, $iGruppo = 0, $iGruppoMaxNum = 0, $iTagInseriti = 0
    If Not _FileCreate(@ScriptDir & "\file.txt") Then
        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la creazione del file 'file.txt'")
        Exit
    Else
        Local $hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\file.txt", $FO_APPEND)
        If @error Then
            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file 'file.txt'" & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
        Else
                    $iTagInseriti+=1
                    $sRiga = '"' & _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($listview_Lista, $i, 1) & '.F_CV"' & ';' & '"0,1"'
                    If($j = 0) Then
                        $sRigaCompleta&='"' & String($iGruppo) & '"' & ';' & $sRiga
                        $j+=1
                    Else
                        $sRigaCompleta&= ';' & $sRiga
                        $j+=1
                    EndIf
                    If($j = 5) Then
                        FileWrite($hFile, $sRigaCompleta & @CRLF)
                        If @error Then
                            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la scrittura sul file 'file.txt'" & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
                        EndIf
                        $sRigaCompleta = ""
                        $j = 0
                        $iGruppoMaxNum+=1
                        If($iGruppoMaxNum = 16) Then
                            $iGruppo+=1
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            Next
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc

Now there's a bug with $button_Crea... Try this code... Line will be written only if they reach the 5 checkboxes checked...
The script read from an Excel, columns B and D... Thanks... 

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Try adding this line to your Crea function

Func Crea()
    Local $sRiga, $sRigaCompleta, $j = 0, $iGruppo = 0, $iGruppoMaxNum = 0, $iTagInseriti = 0
        MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la creazione del file 'file.txt'")
        Exit
    Else
        If @error Then
            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante l'apertura del file 'file.txt'" & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
        Else
                    $iTagInseriti += 1
                    If ($j = 0) Then
                        $sRigaCompleta &= '"' & String($iGruppo) & '"' & ';' & $sRiga
                        $j += 1
                    Else
                        $sRigaCompleta &= ';' & $sRiga
                        $j += 1
                    EndIf
                    If ($j = 5) Then
                        If @error Then
                            MsgBox($MB_ICONERROR, "Errore!", "Errore durante la scrittura sul file 'file.txt'" & @CRLF & "Errore: " & @error)
                        EndIf
                        $sRigaCompleta = ""
                        $j = 0
                        $iGruppoMaxNum += 1
                        If ($iGruppoMaxNum = 16) Then
                            $iGruppo += 1
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            Next
            If $j > 0 And $j < 5 Then FileWrite($hFile, $sRigaCompleta & @CRLF) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< add this line
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Crea

12 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

Try adding this line to your Crea function

Func Crea()
    Local $sRiga, $sRigaCompleta, $j = 0, $iGruppo = 0, $iGruppoMaxNum = 0, $iTagInseriti = 0
        Exit
    Else
        If @error Then
        Else
                    $iTagInseriti += 1
                    If ($j = 0) Then
                        $sRigaCompleta &= '"' & String($iGruppo) & '"' & ';' & $sRiga
                        $j += 1
                    Else
                        $sRigaCompleta &= ';' & $sRiga
                        $j += 1
                    EndIf
                    If ($j = 5) Then
                        If @error Then
                        EndIf
                        $sRigaCompleta = ""
                        $j = 0
                        $iGruppoMaxNum += 1
                        If ($iGruppoMaxNum = 16) Then
                            $iGruppo += 1
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
            Next
            If $j > 0 And $j < 5 Then FileWrite($hFile, $sRigaCompleta & @CRLF) ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< add this line
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>Crea

Seems to work buddy :D Now I'd develop the case when I select only 1 tag or 2 to 4 tags... I'm having some bugs with the script :/ Thanks a lot :D 

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

47 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

Now I'd develop the case when I select only 1 tag or 2 to 4 tags

That's what adding that line takes care of.

If there is more than 0 but less than 5 items selected it will write those to the file.

If after processing all the selected items, and there are more than 5 items selected, it will write all the lines 5 items at a time, then any remainder will also be written to the file. It should cover all conditions I believe.

12 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

That's what adding that line takes care of.

If there is more than 0 but less than 5 items selected it will write those to the file.

If after processing all the selected items, and there are more than 5 items selected, it will write all the lines 5 items at a time, then any remainder will also be written to the file. It should cover all conditions I believe.

Ok, but If I have ONLY 1 item checked, OR 2 to 4 item checked, but ALWAYS < 5, and so, not 5 + remained item(s) ? How can I proceed in this case? :D

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Run the script, and test it, see if it fits your question, then if it doesn't fit explain how it's not working for you. I've already told you it will work that way, but you refuse to run the script and TEST it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just saying "doesn't work" doesn't help. Please explain exactly what happens when you run the script provided: do you get an error? how far does the script seem to go before you hit a wall? What have you tried on your own to get around the issue? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

Or maybe you're just being impatient, and believe everyone should jump at the chance to solve your problems for you. As I stated in the other thread, stop bumping your posts without waiting 24 hours.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!