Sign in to follow this  
drorshem

FTP Download - Wildcard

drorshem

Hi,

I'm looking to create a script which will download all *.txt files from a remote FTP server.

Once downloaded, delete all *.txt files.

Can this be achieved using AutoIt ?

alien4u

You can do that with AutoIT, but you will need to study basic FTP commands(mget) and maybe a few more things.
Also you could try using autoit with filezilla and that maybe make things easier for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• careca
      By careca
      <snip> for the most similar result and convert and download the mp3.
      Script asks for the user to write or paste the song name in the text file, or a list of them, then starts downloading line by line

• Carm01
      By Carm01
      Hello,
      I am attempting to pull a list of the directory structure from a public FTP where no username or password is required i.e:
      ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/
      Now I have looked all over the place and have failed find anything to accomplish, and if I found some, and the documentation is rather bleak for example;
      it does show something I am looking for, but there is no ftp.au3, and the usage and examples of what i want to do seems to elude me on this and it may not even apply to what I am trying to accomplish?
      I want to avoid using things with Internet explorer , and I have done some google searches. However nothing seems to help
      the documentation surrounding : _FTP_DirGetCurrent  references _FTP_Connect , and then references _FTP_Open , and regardless what I try I cannot get it to pull a list of directorys of files as a list.

Any help is appreciated

• Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Hi,
      Ones(some times twice) a month I get an e-mail with zip file, which has price updates from a supplier.
      I have to upload the file to an FTP to get it processed.
      When uploading the file, it will get "timestamped" with the time and date at which time the file was uploaded.
      Normally this is fine, because I mostly upload the file the same day.
      Sometimes it may take 1 or 2 days before I can upload the file.
      For historical purpose, I would like to have the file timestamped with the original date.
      I have tried using:  _FTP_Command ( $hFTPSession, "MFCT YYYYMMDDHHMMSS path") 
      however this command does not work or change the timestamp as I expected.
      Does anyone now a way how I can change the timestamp of a FTP-file?
    • Sally1801
      By Sally1801
      Hello,
      i need help in deleting files from a server. The function "_FTP_DirDelete" only deletes a directory when its empty. I need to delete a non empty directory. I also can not delete the files in this directory first, because the files are PAG and DIR files in a .DAV directory and FTPEx.au3 doesnt like a directory starting with a ".".
      Any ideas?
      Thx, Sally
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      Can we pause and resume the download in the InetGet function?
      If is possible, what is the solution please?
      I used this code To manage the download

#include <INet.au3> func _downloader($name, $linc, $filepath, $RTLF = false, $link = false) global $downloader = GUICreate("downloader", 400, 200, -1, -1, $WS_CLIPCHILDREn, $RTLF, $link) global $path = $filePath $labelTxt = GUICtrlCreateLabel("downloading " & $name, 50, 10, 200, 20) global $labelTxt0 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("downloaded size 0 MB " & "OF 0 MB", 50, 60, 300, 20) global $Progress = "" global $sText = ""     For $i = 1 To Random(5, 20, 1) ; Return an integer between 5 and 20 to determine the length of the string.         $sText &= Chr(Random(65, 122, 1)) ; Return an integer between 65 and 122 which represent the ASCII characters between a (lower-case) to Z (upper-case). next global $labelTxt2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("0%", 50, 80, 50, 20) _GUICtrlEdit_SetReadOnly(-1, true) GUIStartGroup("") global $beep = GUICtrlCreateCheckBox("use the progress beep notification", 150, 120, 200, 20) GUIStartGroup("") $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel', 130, 150, 180, 25, 0x01) $iIndex = 0 global $Target global $url GUIStartGroup("") global $Progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(50, 90, 150, 20) global $Target = $filepath global $url = $linc global $path = $filepath global $hDownloadNo = _RSMWare_GetData($url, $Target) global $status = false AdlibRegister("SetProgress") global $onprogress = false, $curent = false GUISetState(@sw_Show) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $button $asc = MsgBox(4132,"exit download?","if you click yes the downloading will be cancel, do you want to cancel it ?") if $asc = 6 then AdlibUnRegister("SetProgress") GUIDelete() If $hDownloadNo <> 0 Then InetClose($hDownloadNo) exitLoop endIf EndSwitch if $status = -1 then $status = 0 $hDownloadNo = _RSMWare_GetData($url, $Target) $onprogress = false $curent = false elseIf $Status = 1 then $status = $path GUIDelete() AdlibUnRegister("SetProgress") exitLoop endIf WEnd return $status endFunc Func _RSMWare_GetData($url, $Target) Local $hDownload = InetGet($url, $Target, 1, 1) Return $hDownload EndFunc ;==>_RSMWare_GetData Func SetProgress() Local $state If $hDownloadNo <> 0 Then $state = InetGetInfo($hDownloadNo) If @error = 0 Then $infor = "downloaded size " & Round(Execute(InetGetInfo($hDownloadNo, $INET_DOWNLOADREAD) / 1048576), 2) & " MB of " & Round(Execute(InetGetInfo($hDownloadNo, $INET_DOWNLOADSIZE) / 1048576), 2) & " MB " $onprogress = Round(Ceiling(($state[0] / $state[1]) * 100)) if not (InetGetInfo($hDownloadNo, $INET_DOWNLOADSIZE) = 0) then if $onProgress <= 0 then $onProgress = 0 GUICtrlSetData($Progress, $onProgress) GUICtrlSetData($labelTxt0, $infor) GUICtrlSetData($labelTxt2, $onProgress & "%") if _isChecked($beep) then if $onprogress > $curent then beep((100 + $onprogress * 20), 100) $curent = $onprogress endIf endIf endIf If $state[2] Then If $state[3] Then InetClose($hDownloadNo) $status = 1 else InetClose($hDownloadNo) $status = -1 endIf endIf EndIf endIf EndFunc ;==>SetProgress