Sign in to follow this  
drorshem

FTP Download - Wildcard

Hi,

I'm looking to create a script which will download all *.txt files from a remote FTP server.

Once downloaded, delete all *.txt files.

Can this be achieved using AutoIt ?

You can do that with AutoIT, but you will need to study basic FTP commands(mget) and maybe a few more things.
Also you could try using autoit with filezilla and that maybe make things easier for you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By UEZ
      This project has been discontinued!

Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.5 build 2020-07-04 beta.7z  (1509 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ
    • By mdwerne
      Hello,
      Before Broadcom took over Symantec, I was able to use the following code as the base to scrape daily definition downloads from the web. Since the pages were moved over to the Broadcom web servers, I get a page full of what I believe may be JavaScript instead of the fully rendered page that lies behind it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can read the full rendered webpage using AutoIt?
      #include <IE.au3> $oIE_DEFS = _IECreate("https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=sep14", 0, 0, 1, 1) $sString_DEFS = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE_DEFS) MsgBox(0, "https://www.broadcom.com/support/security-center/definitions/download/detail?gid=sep14", $sString_DEFS) The above code will show the JavaScript, but if you go to the URL in a browser that has JavaScript enabled, you will see the fully rendered page that I would like to access. I hope my question makes sense, and I would appreciate any suggestions to get this working again.
      All the best,
      -Mike
    • By FengHuangWuShen
      So I was playing with INet and downloading files and made a simple video downloader, or it can even be used for any file really.
      Just follow the reference section in INet_Settings.ini , and then run the script.

Main Script <snip>
      INet_Settings.ini  URL - The target URL of the video you're trying to grab Data - This is the starting string, and ending string reference to look for the download URL itself. Settings - Only setting here currently, is the delay in which to wait for the file to download ### Reference for Start and End points for various websites <snip>
      Credits to : https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/profile/31965-progandy/  for the URL Encode and Decode.
    • By Blitzkid
      Hello, i want to search several directories for files with the largest numbers behind them (Like "video123") . They dont have a datatype. But there are also files with longer names and datatypes in these folders (Like "video778.mp4"). Is it possible to filter the _FileListToArray Syntax from
      to smth. like

Here is my Code
      #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <File.au3> $filedir = @ScriptDir & "\" _checkfile() Func _checkfile() ConsoleWrite("______________________" & @CRLF) Local $arr[3] = ["music", "picture", "video"] For $i = 0 To UBound($arr) - 1 Local $arrayfiles = _FileListToArray($filedir & $arr[$i], $arr[$i] & "*", 1) If @error = 1 Then ConsoleWrite($arr[$i] & "Error 1") EndIf If @error = 4 Then ConsoleWrite($arr[$i] & "Error 2") ;Exit EndIf $arrayfilter = _ArrayMax($arrayfiles, 0, 1) Global $stringfiles = StringReplace($arrayfilter, $arr[$i], "") ConsoleWrite($arrayfilter & @CRLF) Next EndFunc ;==>_checkfile  
    • By wysocki
      I have a smartphone and I use it to access my email. However, when composing an email on it I have a problem. My list of phone contacts on the phone is very different from my list of email contacts in my Thunderbird desktop app.  I use my Gmail address book to store primarily phone contacts, and I use Thunderbird for my list of email contacts. I wanted a way to get my Thunderbird contact list onto my smartphone to be able to compose emails to addresses in that list. Here's my solution.
      I wrote a script to export my Thunderbird Personal Address Book to a csv file. It then reads that file and re-writes it with html wrappers around the data to make it into a nicely formatted web page. It then uploads the htm file to my website. On my smartphone, I created a shortcut to the file's URL and whenever I click it, I get the list displayed. Each contact shows name and email address along with a COPY button that will put the address into the clipboard. Then in my email client, I can easily paste that address into it. Alternatively, clicking on the actual email link will open a new message dialog in your email client with that address already entered.
      To use the app, all you need to do is use Thunderbird and have a webserver available. You'll need to download the FTPEX.AU3 file from this website and make a few changes to some constants around line 17 for FTP login info, etc.

pab2ftp.au3