Sign in to follow this  
zetaimmersion

PowerPoint/Outlook COM objects

Hi all. 

I am trying to do 2 things but i cannot seem to get any traction on how to read/implement this idea.

Premise: PowerPoint file in C\temp\presentation.pptx that contains on the first slide 2 entries as "<one>" and "<two>" which need to be replaced with "user1" and "user2", then a silent Outlook send mail containing the file with a predefined body and subject.

I narrowed it down to COM objects as the Office does not like intrusive open AutoIt functions. I installed OLE/COM Object Viewer to understand how to create the commands but i am still stuck. So far i am trying to user water's code but i suck

COM object i was originally trying to modify

Dim $oPPT, $oPres

$oPPT = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application")
$oPPT.Visible = True
$oPres = $oPPT.Presentations.Read

Water's code below (0.1% modified)

#include <File.au3>
#include "PowerPoint.au3"
#include <misc.au3>

Global $sFile = "C:\temp\presentation.pptx"

Global $sString2Search = "<username>", $sString2Replace = "Password", $iReplaceOnce = 1, $sFullLogFile = "C:\temp\pptxlog.txt"

_ProcessPpt($sFile)

Func _ProcessPpt($sFile)

$oApp = _PPT_PowerPointApp()
    Local $bChange = False
    Local $oInterface = $oApp.Presentations
    Local $oPresentation = $oInterface.Open($sFile, False, False, False)
    If @error Then
        _FileWriteLog($sFullLogFile, "E Error " & @error & " opening File " & $sFile)
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

;it does not even open my file and from here not sure how to read the text and replace it

EndFunc   ;==>_ProcessPpt

The Outlook part can easily be done using my OutlookEX UDF (for download please see my signature).
The PowerPoint part can be done with the (yet unfinished) PowerPoint UDF. Some manual coding might be needed (for download please see the example scripts section of the forum).

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2020-10-10 - Version 1.5.2.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2020-06-30 - Version 1.6.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (NEW 2020-06-27 - Version 1.3.2.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki, WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook. This UDF holds the functions to automate items (folders, mails, contacts ...) in the background. Can be seen like an API.
      There are other UDFs available to automate Outlook:
      OutlookEX_GUI: This UDF holds the functions to automate the Outlook GUI. OutlookTools: Allows to import/export contacts and events to VCF/ICS files and much more.  Theads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2020-02-09)
      None
    • By PoojaKrishna
      Hi,
      I am trying to print items from Outlook in a Citrix machine. I am printing the items into PDF files using ‘Microsoft Print to PDF option’. I am using OutlookEX.au3 for printing items.
      Everything is working fine except handling the ‘Save Print Output As’ dialog appearing while trying to print the file to PDF.
      I have set the default printer to ‘Microsoft Print to PDF’ from the control panel ( Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers) and using the following method to print the item.
      _OL_ItemPrint($oOutlook, $OL_Item) ;print item I am not able to handle the ‘Save Print Output As’ dialog initiated by the print statement in the Citrix machine. The WinActive method always returns false. I have tried with ControlSetText, ControlClick and Send methods also.
      Can anyone please help?
      Func _SavePDF($sFilePath) WinActivate ( "Save Print Output As", "") WinWaitActive ( "Save Print Output As", "",5 ) If WinActive("Save Print Output As") Then sleep(500) Send($sFilePath) sleep(500) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(500) EndIf EndFunc;=>_SavePDF  
    • By Colduction
      Hello again, i have a code that changes username to favorite, my problem is how to use ObjEvent() function to catch errors, i've red Help File and Forum's Topics but i can't understand too much😐

Here is a code (I've copied this codes from a user of AutoIt Forum):

$sOldUser = "Administrator" $sNewUser = "Admin" $oUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "/" & $sOldUser & ",user") $oComputer = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName) $oNewUser = $oComputer.MoveHere($oUser.ADsPath, $sNewUser) Thanks for your care, I'm new to AutoIt and days should be passed with my coding and practicing to don't bother you :)❤
    • By Bilgus
      Trying to figure out how to do CallByName on AutoIt COM objects due to the lack of being able to set properties within an Execute() statement
      Several Ideas were Tried https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/200129-set-object-properties-with-propertyname-and-value-taken-from-an-array/
      I think this is the best; Patching the vtable of IDispatch so we can intercept a Fake function call ($obj.Au3_CallByName)
      use it like this
      Local $oDictionary = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") ; EXAMPLE Au3_CallByname_Init() ; (you can optionally provide a classname here but we patch the main Idispatch interface so really no need) $Au3_CallByName = "Add" ; Method we want to call $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName("Test", "Value") Au3_CallByname_Init(False) ; (Not Strictly Needed unhooked on exit) NOTE:  Au3_CallByname_Init() doesn't have to be called at the top of the script, just call it before you need to call by name...
      Code + Example
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=y #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** ;Au3CallByName, Bilgus Global $Au3_CallByName = 0 Local $hKernel32 = DllOpen("Kernel32.dll") OnAutoItExitRegister(__CallByNameCleanup) Func __CallByNameCleanup() Au3_CallByName_Init(False) ;Unload DllClose($hKernel32) EndFunc ;==>__CallByNameCleanup ; Takes a pointer to the v-table in a class and replaces specified member Id in it to a new one. Func __HookVTableEntry($pVtable, $iVtableOffset, $pHook, ByRef $pOldRet) ;;https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/107678-hooking-into-the-idispatch-interface/ Local Const $PAGE_READWRITE = 0x04 Local $tpVtable = DllStructCreate("ptr", $pVtable) Local $szPtr = DllStructGetSize($tpVtable) Local $pFirstEntry, $pEntry, $tEntry, $aCall, $flOldProtect, $bStatus ; Dereference the vtable pointer $pFirstEntry = DllStructGetData($tpVtable, 1) $pEntry = $pFirstEntry + ($iVtableOffset * $szPtr) ; Make the memory free for all. Yay! $aCall = DllCall($hKernel32, "int", "VirtualProtect", "ptr", $pEntry, "long", $szPtr, "dword", $PAGE_READWRITE, "dword*", 0) If @error Or Not $aCall[0] Then ConsoleWriteError("Error: Failed To hook vTable" & @CRLF) Return False EndIf $flOldProtect = $aCall[4] $tEntry = DllStructCreate("ptr", $pEntry) $pOldRet = DllStructGetData($tEntry, 1) If $pOldRet <> $pHook Then DllStructSetData($tEntry, 1, $pHook) $bStatus = True Else ;Already Hooked ConsoleWriteError("Error: vTable is already hooked" & @CRLF) $bStatus = False EndIf ;put the memory protect back how we found it DllCall($hKernel32, "int", "VirtualProtect", "ptr", $pEntry, "long", $szPtr, "dword", $flOldProtect, "dword*", 0) Return $bStatus EndFunc ;==>__HookVTableEntry ; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to ; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves ; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods. Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId) Local Const $CSTR_EQUAL = 0x02 Local Const $LOCALE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT = 0x800 Local Const $DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME = 0x80020006 Local Static $pGIFN = __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames() Local Static $tpMember = DllStructCreate("ptr") If $Au3_CallByName Then Local $hRes, $aCall, $tMember ;autoit only asks for one member $aCall = DllCall($hKernel32, 'int', 'CompareStringW', 'dword', $LOCALE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT, 'dword', 0, 'wstr', "Au3_CallByName", 'int', -1, _ 'struct*', DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("ptr[" & $cNames & "]", $rgszNames), 1, 1), 'int', -1) If Not @error And $aCall[0] = $CSTR_EQUAL Then ;ConsoleWrite("CallByName: " & $Au3_CallByName & @CRLF) $tMember = DllStructCreate("wchar[" & StringLen($Au3_CallByName) + 1 & "]") DllStructSetData($tMember, 1, $Au3_CallByName) DllStructSetData($tpMember, 1, DllStructGetPtr($tMember)) $rgszNames = $tpMember $Au3_CallByName = 0 EndIf EndIf ;Call the original GetIDsFromNames $hRes = DllCallAddress("LRESULT", $pGIFN, "ptr", $pSelf, "ptr", $riid, _ "struct*", $rgszNames, "dword", $cNames, "dword", $lcid, "ptr", $rgDispId) If @error Then ConsoleWrite("Error: GetIDsFromNames: " & @error & @CRLF) Return $DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME EndIf Return $hRes[0] EndFunc ;==>__IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames Func __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames($ptr = 0) Local Static $pOldGIFN = $ptr If $ptr <> 0 Then $pOldGIFN = $ptr Return $pOldGIFN EndFunc ;==>__Pointer_GetIDsFromNames Func Au3_CallByName_Init($bHook = True, $classname = "shell.application") Local Const $iOffset_GetIDsFromNames = 5 Local Static $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0 Local $oObject, $pObject, $pHook, $pOldGIFN If $bHook Then If $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0 Then $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = DllCallbackRegister("__IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames", "LRESULT", "ptr;ptr;ptr;dword;dword;ptr") EndIf $pHook = DllCallbackGetPtr($IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback) Else $pHook = __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames() If $pHook <= 0 Then Return ;Already Unloaded EndIf $oObject = ObjCreate($classname) $pObject = DllStructSetData(DllStructCreate("ptr"), 1, $oObject) If __HookVTableEntry($pObject, $iOffset_GetIDsFromNames, $pHook, $pOldGIFN) Then __Pointer_GetIDsFromNames($pOldGIFN) ;Save the original pointer to GetIDsFromNames If Not $bHook Then DllCallbackFree($IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback) $IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames_Callback = 0 EndIf Else ;Error EndIf $oObject = 0 EndFunc ;==>Au3_CallByName_Init ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;TESTS; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Au3_CallByName_Init() #include <ie.au3> Global $oRegistrationInfo = _IECreate() Global $aRegistrationInfo[] = ['Left=10', 'Top= 10', 'Width=450', 'Height=600'] Global $oObject = $oRegistrationInfo Local $oDictionary = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") Local $oDictionary2 = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary") ;Au3_CallByName_Init($oObject) __TS_TaskPropertiesSet($oObject, $aRegistrationInfo) MsgBox(0, "Info", "Press OK to exit") $oRegistrationInfo.quit $oRegistrationInfo = 0 $oObject = 0 Sleep(1000) For $i = 1 To 10 $Au3_CallByName = "Add" $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName("test1:" & $i, "Dictionary Item: " & $i) Next $Au3_CallByName = "keys" For $sKey In $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName() For $j = 0 To 1 $Au3_CallByName = ($j = 0) ? "Item" : "Exists" ConsoleWrite($sKey & " -> " & $oDictionary.Au3_CallByName($sKey) & @CRLF) Next Next Au3_CallByName_Init(False) ;Unload Au3_CallByName_Init() Local $aRegistrationInfo[] = ['Left=1000', 'Width=450'] ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "NEW IE" & @CRLF & @CRLF) $oRegistrationInfo = _IECreate() __TS_TaskPropertiesSet($oRegistrationInfo, $aRegistrationInfo) MsgBox(0, "Info", "Press OK to exit") $oRegistrationInfo.quit For $i = 1 To 10 $Au3_CallByName = "Add" $oDictionary2.Au3_CallByName("test2:" & $i, "Dictionary Item: " & $i) Next $Au3_CallByName = "keys" For $sKey In $oDictionary2.Au3_CallByName() For $j = 0 To 1 $Au3_CallByName = ($j = 0) ? "Item" : "Exists" ConsoleWrite($sKey & " -> " & $oDictionary2.Au3_CallByName($sKey) & @CRLF) Next Next Au3_CallByName_Init(False) ;Unload (Not Strictly Needed, Done on Script Close) Func __TS_TaskPropertiesSet(ByRef $oObject, $aProperties) Local $aTemp If IsArray($aProperties) Then For $i = 0 To UBound($aProperties) - 1 $aTemp = StringSplit($aProperties[$i], "=", 2) ; 2 -> $STR_NOCOUNT) If @error Then ContinueLoop ConsoleWrite("Command: $oObject." & $aTemp[0] & " = " & $aTemp[1] & @CRLF) $Au3_CallByName = $aTemp[0] $oObject.Au3_CallByName = $aTemp[1] ConsoleWrite("Result : " & Hex(@error) & @CRLF) ; If @error Then Return SetError(1, @error, 0) Next EndIf EndFunc ;==>__TS_TaskPropertiesSet  
    • By water
      I just noticed that Outlook does not allow to import iCal events programmatically.
      I might implement some of the iCalendar data format (RFC 5545) if someone is interested
      Please post here or click the "Like" button if you think this is a good idea
      Edit: For download please see my signature