Hi all. 

I am trying to do 2 things but i cannot seem to get any traction on how to read/implement this idea.

Premise: PowerPoint file in C\temp\presentation.pptx that contains on the first slide 2 entries as "<one>" and "<two>" which need to be replaced with "user1" and "user2", then a silent Outlook send mail containing the file with a predefined body and subject.

I narrowed it down to COM objects as the Office does not like intrusive open AutoIt functions. I installed OLE/COM Object Viewer to understand how to create the commands but i am still stuck. So far i am trying to user water's code but i suck

COM object i was originally trying to modify

Dim $oPPT, $oPres

$oPPT = ObjCreate("PowerPoint.Application")
$oPPT.Visible = True
$oPres = $oPPT.Presentations.Read

Water's code below (0.1% modified)

#include <File.au3>
#include "PowerPoint.au3"
#include <misc.au3>

Global $sFile = "C:\temp\presentation.pptx"

Global $sString2Search = "<username>", $sString2Replace = "Password", $iReplaceOnce = 1, $sFullLogFile = "C:\temp\pptxlog.txt"

_ProcessPpt($sFile)

Func _ProcessPpt($sFile)

$oApp = _PPT_PowerPointApp()
    Local $bChange = False
    Local $oInterface = $oApp.Presentations
    Local $oPresentation = $oInterface.Open($sFile, False, False, False)
    If @error Then
        _FileWriteLog($sFullLogFile, "E Error " & @error & " opening File " & $sFile)
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf

;it does not even open my file and from here not sure how to read the text and replace it

EndFunc   ;==>_ProcessPpt

The Outlook part can easily be done using my OutlookEX UDF (for download please see my signature).
The PowerPoint part can be done with the (yet unfinished) PowerPoint UDF. Some manual coding might be needed (for download please see the example scripts section of the forum).

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sylremo
      I tried to implement the code in this topic:
      Firstly, i have no idea how these lines of code work but meanwhile i noticed that:
      ; Everytime autoit wants to call a method, get or set a property in a object it needs to go to ; IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames. This is our version of that function, note that by defining this ourselves ; we can fool autoit to believe that the object supports a lot of different properties/methods. Func __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames($pSelf, $riid, $rgszNames, $cNames, $lcid, $rgDispId) ... EndFunc The problem is i ran into is that some object calls didn't go through IDispatch::GetIDsFromNames.
      Here is the code to replicate what i'm mentioning:
      I followed the example in the topic and tried to do the same thing with method .Documents (line 193) and .Open (line 194) but didn't get the same result because .Documents was being passed through __IDispatch_GetIDsFromNames while .Open didn't.
      $Au3_CallByName = 'Documents' Local $oDoc = $oAppl.Au3_CallByName $Au3_CallByName = 'Open' $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) Console outputs:
      ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: $oDoc = $oDoc.Au3_CallByName($sFilePath, $bConfirmConversions, $bReadOnly, $bAddToRecentFiles, $sOpenPassword, "", $bRevert, $sWritePassword, "", $iFormat) $oDoc = $oDoc^ ERROR Is there any workarounds to solve this?

Thank you!
    • By water
      I have started to rewrite the PowerPoint UDF similar to the Word, Excel and Outlook UDF. The new UDF will not be compatible with the existing one.
      I will add examples, documentation, a section in the wiki etc.
      So far the following functions have been coded - more are on the ToDo list.
      _PPT_Open: Open a connection to a running instance of PowerPoint or start a new one _PPT_Close: Close a PowerPoint instance _PPT_CommentAdd: Add a Comment anywhere on a Slide or connected to a Shape (version 1.5.0.0 2021-08-31) _PPT_CommentDelete: Delete a single Comment from a Slide or all Comments from a SlideRange (version 1.5.0.0 2021-08-31) _PPT_CommentList: Get a list of all Comments in a Presentation (version 1.5.0.0 2021-08-31) _PPT_ConvertUnits: Convert units (like centimeters) to other units (like points) (version 1.3.0.0 2021-08-17) _PPT_HeaderFooterList: Returns a list of Headers and Footers for a Presentation (version 1.1.0.0 2021-07-25, removed with version 1.4.0.0 2021-08-25) _PPT_HeaderFooterSet: Sets the Header/Footer for a Slide/Slides or the Slide-/Notes-/Handout-/Title-Master of the Presentation (version 1.2.0.0 2021-08-09) _PPT_PresentationAttach: Attach to an already opened Presentation _PPT_PresentationClose: Close a Presentation _PPT_PresentationExport: Export one/multiple/all Slides as PDF or XPS. _PPT_PresentationExportGraphic: Export one/multiple/all Slides in a graphic format. _PPT_PresentationList: Returns a list of currently open Presentations (version 1.0.0.0 2021-07-20) _PPT_PresentationNew: Create a new Presentation _PPT_PresentationOpen: Open an existing Presentation _PPT_Print: Print one/multiple/all Slides of a Presentation (version 1.0.0.0 2021-07-20) _PPT_PresentationSave: Save a Presentation _PPT_PresentationSaveAs: Save a Presentation to another location or with another type _PPT_ShapeAdd: Add a Shape to a single or multiple Slides (version 1.1.0.0 2021-07-25) _PPT_ShapeAlignDistribute: Aligns and distributes the Shapes in the specified ShapeRange (version 1.6.0.0 - to be released) _PPT_ShapeCopyMove: Copy/move a Shape(s) of a single Slide to a Slide(s) in the same or a different Presentation (version 1.1.0.0 2021-07-25) _PPT_ShapeDelete: Delete a Shape or Shapes from a single or multiple Slides (version 1.1.0.0 2021-07-25) _PPT_SlideAdd: Add slide(s) to a Presentation _PPT_SlideCopyMove: Copy, move, duplicate Slide(s) _PPT_SlideDelete: Delete Slide(s) _PPT_SlideShow: Show a Presentation _PPT_TableGet: Extract data from a PowerPoint Table Shape to an array (version 1.3.0.0 2021-08-17) _PPT_TableSet: Write data to a PowerPoint Table Shape (version 1.3.0.0 2021-08-17) _PPT_TextFindReplace: Find & replace text throughout entire PowerPoint presentation (version 1.0.0.0 2021-07-20) _PPT_TextSet: Sets/modifies the Text of a Shape or Shapes of a single or multiple Slides (version 1.2.0.0 2021-08-09 Which functions do you want me to add to the UDF?
      ToDo list:
      create slide (JLogan3o13) - Done: _PPT_SlideAdd Apply template to slide (JLogan3o13) - Done: _PPT_SlideAdd Apply theme to slide (JLogan3o13) Cut/Copy/Duplicate/Move/Delete slide(s) (JLogan3o13) - Done: _PPT_SlideCopyMove, _PPT_SlideDelete Export slides (JLogan3o13) - Done: _PPT_PresentationExport Cut/Copy/Duplicate/Move/Delete shape(s) (JLogan3o13): Done : _PPT_ShapeCopyMove, _PPT_ShapeDelete (version 1.1.0.0 2021-07-25) ApplyAnimation, Select, SetDefaultProperties, and zOrder for shape(s) (JLogan3o13) Searching and replacing text (pcjunki) - Done: _PPT_TextFindReplace (version 1.0.0.0 2021-07-20) Export slides in a graphic format (JPG, GIF, PNG ...) (UEZ) - Done: _PPT_PresentationExportGraphic The UDF can be downloaded from the download forum.

• By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook. This UDF holds the functions to automate items (folders, mails, contacts ...) in the background. Can be seen like an API.
      There are other UDFs available to automate Outlook:
      OutlookEX_GUI: This UDF holds the functions to automate the Outlook GUI. OutlookTools: Allows to import/export contacts and events to VCF/ICS files and much more.  Threads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2020-02-09)
      None
    • By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft PowerPoint.
      Threads: Help & Support, Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
    • By Epulone
      For a specific requirement the outbound email are managed by an on-prem EDGE server. The EDGE re-write the local on-prem email address with another domain [exposed domain - mx record-]. Everything is working fine but we are having an issue when the internal local users are requesting an invite meeting by  Outlook calendar . In that case when the receiver accept the request invite it generate an error "domain not found". In this scenario the EDGE server is not able to rewrite also the calendar MIME request  (V-card) header inside the message so when the receiver accepts the request the reply [mechanism] will fails as will be used the email address of the local user  [domain not exposed ] and not the external one.
      I was wondering if Autoit is able to manipulate somehow the invite heade- calendar MIME (V-card))- re-witing the user email.   Thanks