Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kneze

read specific content from text file

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi

i try to read Wlan Profiles from local Computer. First Step Command Prompt: netsh wlan show profiles >> C:\temp\test\wlan.txt.

Second Step (here's a sample script to find a solution for my problem. Script read each line of wlan.txt and Display Name of Wireless Connection which i have set up in the past.  If i edit wlan.txt to wlan - sample.txt script works. wlan.txt containsline without : so i get error message. How can i read only lines beginning with All User Profile so i can use original file wlan.txt which i crate in the command prompt with: netsh wlan show profiles >> C:\temp\test\wlan.txt ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Kneze

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 374, 268, 892, 512)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("button", 145, 35, 75, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

Case $Button1

$file = "C:\temp\test\wlan.txt"
FileOpen($file, 0)

For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file)
    $line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
    $after = StringSplit($line, ":")[2]

MsgBox(262144, "Result", $after, 0)

Next
FileClose($file)

EndSwitch
WEnd

wlan - sample.txt

wlan.txt

Edited by kneze

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Can you try this and report back please?

$line = FileReadLine($file, $i)
If StringInStr($line, "All User Profile") Then
    $after = StringSplit($line, ":")[2]
    MsgBox(262144, "Result", $after, 0)
EndIf

Edited by Floops

#3 ·  Posted

Could you post up an example of the .txt file?

I imagine you can find a different way to parse the line, such as the line break instead of the colon.

Also you can get the results directly in code without writing to a file first unless you need/want the physical file for some reason.

#4 ·  Posted

@ViciousXUSMC He attached both text files to his original post

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Good catch, I was looking for it posted in the message body.

This is just one way of doing it:

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>

$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 374, 268, 892, 512)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("button", 145, 35, 75, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            _ReadFile()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _ReadFile()
$sFile = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\wlan.txt")
$aResults = StringRegExp($sFile, "(?i)all user profile\s+:\s*(.*)", 3)
_ArrayDisplay($aResults)
EndFunc

Edited by ViciousXUSMC

#7 ·  Posted

thanks for your support.

Its great.:)

kneze

#8 ·  Posted

16 hours ago, mikell said:

If each profile includes "@" then this other way could work  :)

#Include <Array.au3>
$aResults = StringRegExp(FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\wlan.txt"), '\S+@\S+', 3)
_ArrayDisplay($aResults)

It would capture the wireless profile but not meet the criteria must match "All User Profile" it could be user specific profiles it matches also.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• blemas
      By blemas
      The McAfee return for AV defs per "C:\Progra~1\Common~1\McAfee\SystemCore\csscan.exe -Versions" is ...
      CommonShell Command Line Scanner Lite (VSCORE.15.5.0.3960)
          Engine version: 5800.7501
          DAT version:    8450.0
          Time required:  15 milliseconds
      I want to isolate the actual DAT version as "8450.0".  There may be an easier way to get the DAT Version via other McAfee or registry methods but essentially I just want to know how to parse a string at a character or @CRLF into two separate strings for further parsing. Example:
      $string = "Name=Microsoft Windows 10 Professional |C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"
      Parse into $var1 = "Name" & $var2 = "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional |C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"
      From there I'd like to parse $var2 at "|" into  $var3 = "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional" and $var4 "C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"

• crushyna
      By crushyna
      Hello everyone!

I've encountered a strange problem while adding files (or rather file names) to a ListView.
      Mechanics are simple:
      1. Select files to add (FileOpenDialog + Multiselect)
      2. Split selected string (filepath) into array (StringSplit)
      3. File names appear on ListView (GUICtrlCreateListViewItem)

Writing starts from second array (since 0 is array size, and 1 is filepath).
      Problem occurs when I try to add one file. Then, no filenames are added.
      As far as I know, selecting one file generates only 2 strings (0 and 1) to split, therefore no string is written into ListView.

Is there any way / workaround to make this thing work properly?

Some code here:
      While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idAddTest $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:" $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.") FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir) Else FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir) $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF) For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0] MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i]) ;just for testing purposes GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList) Next EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      And nothing more spectacular from ListView side:
      Global $idTestCaseList = GUICtrlCreateListView("List of Tests ", 24, 24, 225, 502, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT)) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "List of test cases."& @CRLF &"Hold CTRL to select multiple lines.")  
      Any help appreciated!
    • ur
      By ur
      How to use regular expressions in StringSplit and StringInStr
    • meows
      By meows
      12 where is a simple StringSplit at delimeter example please?
      Copy to clipboard #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $aDays = StringSplit("Mon,Tues,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun", ",") ; Split the string of days using the delimeter "," and the default flag value. #cs The array returned will contain the following values: $aDays[1] = "Mon" $aDays[2] = "Tues" $aDays[3] = "Wed" ... $aDays[7] = "Sun" #ce For $i = 1 To $aDays[0] ; Loop through the array returned by StringSplit to display the individual values. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "$aDays[" & $i & "] - " & $aDays[$i]) Next EndFunc ;==>Example I went through Datatypes  Operators Conditional Obj Statements I had high hopes for Obj statements but it was a waste so I went to Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Sohu, and Baidu.
      All I learned is that Baidu has more mobile customers than the US has people!
      I need to separate this string at each to enter into a database
      BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Apache2.4"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Apache2.4"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Appinfo"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Appinfo"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="asComSvc"

ALL three examples are ARRAYS....  If I wanted a tree I go to the beach and catch a fish and plant it
      deep with lots of tree food. Then water it daily waiting for the day the fish turns into a tree.
      Is it a joke? I did a search array in the help(Help control 6.1) file for array and got NO RESULTS.
      I tried the trim examples and they worked great but I have no way of knowing how long each string will be at the delimeter
      so where is a simple StringSplit at delimeter example please? I know I had to miss it.
    • allcapone1912
      By allcapone1912
      i have a script that extract the second caracter from specific phrase
      $aUser = StringSplit($sText, " ") $status = $aUser[2]   but sometime there are no $aUser[2] and thats get an error $status = $aUser[2] $status = ^ ERROR   and i have to restart script manual each time   It is possible to pass this kind of error? I need the script to run NON STOP without interrupting it on error