Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MagicSpark

Help with DLL struct and call

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello,

can someone help me out with some DllCall in AU3.
The relevant source of function and struct definition are as follows (in slightly modified form):

typedef struct
{
    char    *host;
    char    *key;
    char    *value;
}
test_sender_value_t;

/******************************************************************************
 * Parameters: address   - [IN] server address                                *
 *             port      - [IN] server port                                   *
 *             source    - [IN] source IP, optional - can be NULL             *
 *             values    - [IN] array of values to send                       *
 *             count     - [IN] number of items in values array               *
 *             result    - [OUT] the server response/error message, optional  *
 * Return value: 0 - the values were sent successfully, result contains       *
 *                         server response                                    *
 *               -1 - an error occurred, result contains error message        *
 ******************************************************************************/
TEST_API int test_sender_send_values(const char *address, unsigned short port, const char *source, const test_sender_value_t *values, int count, char **result);

In AutoIt I use the following code to build the struct and call the dll:

Global $struct = DllStructCreate("ptr ptrtostring1;ptr ptrtostring2;ptr ptrtostring3;")

Global $string1 = DllStructCreate("char host[255];")
DllStructSetData($string1, "host", "Test_Client")
DllStructSetData($struct, "ptrtostring1", DllStructGetPtr($string1))

Global $string2 = DllStructCreate("char key[255];")
DllStructSetData($string2, "key", "clientver")
DllStructSetData($struct, "ptrtostring2", DllStructGetPtr($string2))

Global $string3 = DllStructCreate("char value[255];")
DllStructSetData($string3, "value", "123456")
DllStructSetData($struct, "ptrtostring3", DllStructGetPtr($string3))

Global $aCall = DllCall("C:\temp\test.dll", "int", "test_sender_send_values", _
    "str", "192.168.1.2", _
    "int", 80, _
    "str", "192.168.1.3", _
    "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($struct), _
    "int", 1)
If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("Error: " & @error & @CRLF)
    exit 1
Else
    ConsoleWrite("Success: " & $aCall[0] & @CRLF)
EndIf

If I ran the AU3-Script with SciTE I get the following output:

!>12:00:00 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741783

Can someone point me into the right direction. I must admit, that I'm very new to handling DLL-Calls and structs.
But I've read down the forum threads and the AutoIt help.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by MagicSpark

#2 ·  Posted

where is the result parameter in your call?

#3 ·  Posted

@MagicSpark I'm not an expert at DLL calls either, but I see that your fourth parameter (values) says it is expecting an array of values; so I'm not sure if providing a ptr is appropriate.  That's about the only hunch I have...sorry if it leads nowhere.

4 hours ago, Mugen said:

where is the result parameter in your call?

Should be optional per the description of the DLL function, yes?

#4 ·  Posted

^^ "Optional" doesn't mean optional in such way. What it really means is that (C/C++) compiler will generate the argument for programmer if omitted - as per definition.
Obviously, AutoIt is not C compiler, therefore "optional" means nothing here. It should be:

DllCall("C:\temp\test.dll", "int", "test_sender_send_values", _
    "str", "192.168.1.2", _
    "ushort", 80, _
    "str", "192.168.1.3", _
    "int", 1, _
    "ptr*", 0)

If that fails for some reason, then calling convention should be changed to cdecl ("int:cdecl"), because it's not obvious from the OP what TEST_API is.

2 people like this

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

#5 ·  Posted

Thank you so much!

Especially trancexx's post help me alot. The DllCall works now with these code changes:

DllCall("C:\temp\test.dll", "int:cdecl", "test_sender_send_values", _
    "str", "192.168.1.2", _
    "ushort", 80, _
    "str", "192.168.1.3", _
    "int", 1, _
    "ptr*", 0)

I now try to get the other needed functions in that .dll to work by myself. ;) I get back to you, if I need further help.

Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• luckyluke
      By luckyluke
      Hello,
      Im trying to read the output from CMD using Dllcall, here is my code:
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <array.au3> Global Const $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE = -11 Global Const $_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO = _ "struct;int dwSizeX;" & _ "short dwSizeY;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionX;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionY;" & _ "short wAttributes;" & _ "short Left;" & _ "short Top;" & _ "short Right;" & _ "short Bottom;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeX;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeY;endstruct" $pCmd = Run( "cmd.exe" ) Sleep(1000) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("") ConsoleWrite('handle:' & $hCmd & @CRLF) $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "AttachConsole", "dword", $pCmd) ;_ArrayDisplay($aRet) If $aRet[0] <> 0 Then $vHandle_data='' $vHandle='' $vHandle_data = DllStructCreate($_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO) ; Screen Buffer structure $aRet1 = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetStdHandle", "dword", $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE) if not @error Then $vHandle = $aRet1[0] $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo", "hwnd", $vHandle, _ "ptr", $vHandle_data) MsgBox(0, '1',DllStructGetData($vHandle_data, 'dwSizeX') & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) EndIf It did not work, i got the message 'The handle is invalid'. Please help?
      Thank you in advance!
    • MazeM
      By MazeM
      Hi
      here's another UDF for the serial port. It is very similar to CommAPI using kernel32.dll, but all code is packed into a single file without any dependencies, not even using WinAPI.au3. It differs from existing UDF that it doesn't allow a timeout when reading, instead it always returns immediately, either with the requested amount ob bytes read or with a failure status. And of course there is a function provided to query the amount of available bytes in the receive buffer. The reason behind this design decision: You can do 1000 other things in the main loop while checking from time to time if enough data bytes arrived. There's no point to block the program waiting for the serial port.
      It is currently a work-in-progress, as I didn't test all functions yet. The code was developed and tested on Windows 7 64 bit.  The ComUDF-Tests.au3 shows some tests and basic usage of the UDF. Maybe there's no reason to use this UDF, given the existence of the others UDFs, but I did it to get to know DllCall better - I use structs no only to pass but also to get data back (I don't use the array returned by DllCall to read that data, unless required). You're welcome to test it on older and newer Windows versions.
      Here's a list of the implemented functions:
      ; _ComListPorts ; _ComOpenPort ; _ComSetTimeouts ; _ComClosePort ; ; _ComSetBreak ; _ComClearBreak ; _ComGetInputcount ; _ComGetOutputcount ; _ComClearOutputBuffer ; _ComClearInputBuffer ; ; _ComSendByte ; _ComReadByte ; _ComSendBinary ; _ComReadBinary ; ; _ComSendChar ; _ComReadChar ; _ComSendCharArray ; _ComReadCharArray ; _ComSendString ; _ComReadString ; ; __ComClearCommError ; __PurgeComm Maze

ComUDF.au3
      ComUDF-Tests.au3
    • astrionn
      By astrionn
      So I had this Idea of creating a tooltip which shows me my ping.
      That itself was made quickly and I thought too add a couple features.
      I want the tooltip background to be a different color depending on the ping. (good ping is green, medium ping is yellow,...)
      So how do I color in a tooltip? google brought me to this: 

where in the comments I found this:
      $s = "LOW" ToolTip($s, 0, 0, "Battery Information");, $icon) $H_TOOLTIP1 = WinGetHandle($s) DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "wstr", "", "wstr", "") DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 2552550, "int", 0) Sleep(1000) Which I then used in my code with different color codes... Trial and Error brought me these that I wanted to use:

The Problem is if I loop through my code it only sets the color for the 1st loop and then sticks to it.
      The real problem is tho that I don't exactly understand the dllcalls... And I guess that's why it isn't working
      So if someone would be so awesome to explain to me how they work, or at least can give me a list of these parameters then I would really appreciate that and learn something new
      Obviously a solution to my problem is awesome aswell ^^
      I run this under Windows 8.1
      There is my code in a paste.
      https://pastebin.com/q525f7mS
    • Leo1906
      By Leo1906
      Hello Guys,
      once aggain I need your help on a DLL Topic
      I need to pass arguments to my function via a structure, because I am limited to only one argument that can be passed.
      But I don't think that thats so important.
      So here's my approach:
      C++ Code (just the important part):
      extern "C" { struct ParamStruct { const char* test1; const char* test2; const char* test3; int size; }; int testFunc(struct ParamStruct * params) { return params->size; } } And thats how I try to call the function using Autoit:
      Local $struct = "struct;char shapefile[128];char output[128];char filename[128];int size;endstruct" Local $tTest = DllStructCreate($struct) DllStructSetData($tTest, "test1", "Bla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "test2", "BlaBla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "test3", "BlaBlaBla") DllStructSetData($tTest, "size", 40) $dll = DLLOpen("myDLL.dll") $ret = DllCall($dll, "int:cdecl", "testFunc", "STRUCT*", DllStructGetPtr($tTest)) MsgBox(0, 0, $ret[0]) DllClose($dll) Just for testing I want the function to just return the integer value in the struct.
      But this aint working. I tested many things, but still I'm not able to get it running. I even don't know if the mistakes are in the C++ code or the Autoit code or both .. I'm not that skilled at C++ and also not that skilled at Autoit DLLCalls :-/
      I would really appreciate some help!
      Kind regards,
      leo
    • likehu
      By likehu
      Hello,
      I have compiled a reference DLL in VS 2015 Community and this  DLL works fine with project for which it is used. There is an interface from which u can access functions in DLL.
      Developers stated that this DLL is almost universal and can be used with any language with minor changes.
      I am trying to access its function from Autoit script and got an error 3, after calling DLLCall - "function" not found in the DLL file.
      Please have a quick look, I feel I miss something in C++ library with exporting functions and I do not know what to add as I am new to C++.
      Thank you.
      Source files and script also attached.

Here is my script.
      Local $dll = DllOpen("C:\Users\Home\Desktop\dll\user.dll") ConsoleWrite("$dll handle = " & $dll & @CRLF) ;$dll handle = 1 Local $result = DllCall($dll, "double:cdecl", "ProcessQuery", "str", "dll$mynumber") If @error > 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Error: " & @error & @CRLF) ;Error = 3 If IsArray($result) Then ConsoleWrite("Array returned!" & @CRLF & "dll$mynumber: " & result[1]) Else ConsoleWrite("$result is not array. : " & $result & @CRLF) ;$result = 0 EndIf DllClose($dll) And here is dll source. As I understand, function "ProcessQuery" exported with help of DLL_IMPLEMENTS
      user.h
      //****************************************************************************** // // This file is part of the OpenHoldem project // Download page: http://code.google.com/p/openholdembot/ // Forums: http://www.maxinmontreal.com/forums/index.php // Licensed under GPL v3: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html // //****************************************************************************** // // Purpose: Very simple user-DLL as a starting-point // // DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS FILE! // // This Header defines an interface // Functions and data-types must exactly match. // //****************************************************************************** #ifndef _INC_USER_H #define _INC_USER_H // Import and export directives // for use by this DLL and by OpenHoldem #ifdef USER_DLL #define DLL_IMPLEMENTS extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) #define EXE_IMPLEMENTS extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) #else #define DLL_IMPLEMENTS extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) #define EXE_IMPLEMENTS extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) #endif // Number of saved table-states // This number must not be changed, as we do a "& 0xFF" // at various places to normalize the index. const int kNumberOfHoldemStatesForDLL = 256; // SHoldemePlayer // used for sequence of 256 consequive table-states // !!!! Needs 2 more cards for Omaha, if not entirely removed struct holdem_player { char m_name[16] ; //player name if known double m_balance ; //player balance double m_currentbet ; //player current bet unsigned char m_cards[2] ; //player cards unsigned char m_name_known : 1 ; //0=no 1=yes unsigned char m_balance_known : 1 ; //0=no 1=yes unsigned char m_fillerbits : 6 ; //filler bits unsigned char m_fillerbyte ; //filler bytes }; struct holdem_state { char m_title[64] ; //table title double m_pot[10] ; //total in each pot unsigned char m_cards[5] ; //common cards unsigned char m_is_playing : 1 ; //0=sitting-out, 1=sitting-in unsigned char m_is_posting : 1 ; //0=autopost-off, 1=autopost-on unsigned char m_fillerbits : 6 ; //filler bits unsigned char m_fillerbyte ; //filler byte unsigned char m_dealer_chair ; //0-9 holdem_player m_player[10] ; //player records }; // Functions implemented and exported by the DLL, // imported by OpenHoldem DLL_IMPLEMENTS double __stdcall ProcessQuery(const char* pquery); DLL_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall DLLOnLoad(); DLL_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall DLLOnUnLoad(); // Functions implemented and exported by OpenHoldem, // imported by the DLL EXE_IMPLEMENTS double __stdcall GetSymbol(const char* name_of_single_symbol__not_expression); EXE_IMPLEMENTS void* __stdcall GetPrw1326(); EXE_IMPLEMENTS char* __stdcall GetHandnumber(); EXE_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall ParseHandList(const char* name_of_list, const char* list_body); EXE_IMPLEMENTS char* __stdcall ScrapeTableMapRegion(char* p_region, int& p_returned_lengh); EXE_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall SendChatMessage(const char *message); EXE_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall WriteLog(char* format, ...); // Variables exported by OpenHoldem // avoiding the message-mess of WinHoldem, // no longer sending any state-messages // http://www.maxinmontreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=18642 EXE_IMPLEMENTS extern holdem_state state[kNumberOfHoldemStatesForDLL]; EXE_IMPLEMENTS extern int state_index; #endif // _INC_USER_H  
      user.cpp    Here is dll$mynumber parameter.
      //****************************************************************************** // // This file is part of the OpenHoldem project // Download page: http://code.google.com/p/openholdembot/ // Forums: http://www.maxinmontreal.com/forums/index.php // Licensed under GPL v3: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html // //****************************************************************************** // // Purpose: Very simple user-DLL as a starting-point // // Required OpenHoldem version: 7.7.6 // //****************************************************************************** // Needs to be defined here, before #include "user.h" // to generate proper export- and inport-definitions #define USER_DLL // #define OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT if you are a beginner // who wants to see some message-boxes with output of game-states, etc. // It is disabled upon request, // * as it is not really needed // * as some DLL-users don't have MFC (atlstr.h) installed // http://www.maxinmontreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=156&t=16232 #undef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT #include "user.h" #include <conio.h> #include <windows.h> #ifdef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT #include <atlstr.h> #endif OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT // Supporting macros #define HIGH_NIBBLE(c) (((c)>>4)&0x0F) #define LOW_NIBBLE(c) ((c)&0x0F) // Card macro #define RANK(c) ( ISKNOWN(c) ? HIGH_NIBBLE(c) : 0 ) #define SUIT(c) ( ISKNOWN(c) ? LOW_NIBBLE(c) : 0 ) #define ISCARDBACK(c) ((c) == CARD_BACK) #define ISUNKNOWN(c) ((c) == CARD_UNDEFINED) #define ISNOCARD(c) ((c) == CARD_NOCARD) #define ISKNOWN(c) (!ISCARDBACK(c) && !ISUNKNOWN(c) && !ISNOCARD(c)) // ProcessQuery() // Handling the lookup of dll$symbols DLL_IMPLEMENTS double __stdcall ProcessQuery(const char* pquery) { if (pquery==NULL) return 0; if (strncmp(pquery,"dll$mynumber",13)==0) { return 12345.67; } return 0; } // OnLoad and OnUnload() // called once and at the beginning of a session // when the DLL gets loaded / unloaded // Do initilization / finalization here. DLL_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall DLLOnLoad() { #ifdef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT MessageBox(NULL, "event-load", "MESSAGE", MB_OK); #endif OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT } DLL_IMPLEMENTS void __stdcall DLLOnUnLoad() { #ifdef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT MessageBox(NULL, "event-unload", "MESSAGE", MB_OK); #endif OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT } // DLL entry point // Technically required, but don't do anything here. // Initializations belong into the OnLoad() function, // where they get executed at run-time. // Doing things here at load-time is a bad idea, // as some functionalitz might not be properly initialized // (including error/handling). BOOL APIENTRY DllMain(HANDLE hModule, DWORD ul_reason_for_call, LPVOID lpReserved) { switch (ul_reason_for_call) { case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH: #ifdef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT AllocConsole(); #endif OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT break; case DLL_THREAD_ATTACH: break; case DLL_THREAD_DETACH: break; case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH: #ifdef OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT FreeConsole(); #endif OPT_DEMO_OUTPUT break; } return TRUE; }  
      Source.zip
      DllAccess.au3